Devourers, what makes their current state justified?

I am really wondering myself, for some reason, they typically do not seem to threaten my characters too much. However, I do agree that it is possible to get surrounded by an instant ambush of 8 devourers, unable to "sync through" and that can really spoil the day.

But this league, I am playing RF build. I love devourers. I do not have to chase them around like, say, Avian "Artillery" wretches.
still failing to see the big issue and constant whining about devourers, I die often enough in this game but don't think I have ever died to devourers ... or dropbears...
Lets make another thread about devourers so it will be 1875 one, perhaps GGG will get that devourers doesnt add hardcore but the add only rage.

Why not make this game fun? Too many frustrations in this game. I have played many games and when Im thinking about playing the game I have alreasy played, I think: "Nah, I dont wanna, Im bored with everything in that game"

When Im thinking about PoE, its: "Well, I'd like to play it but too many frustrations there, Ill better play something else"

People crying for year about devourers, why not them happy and reduce devourers damage, add earthquake effect when they poping up, remove them completely?

If you see the same cryings for over a year - that means something is wrong with it.

Every week its the same threads. Same, same, same.

Perhaps you could forget about something new you are going to implement and put your time in fixing previous content? Or its has to be a certains amount of threads to make you think that its need to be fixed? Or a certin amount of replies? Well, I dont reply in many threads but not because i dont have my opimion but just because Im tired of the same treads over and over, of posting the same words over and over. If everyone who think devourers suck would post it in each thread about devourers, that thrads would have been with 1000 pages

I see new thread about desync every day, but I dont post there that Im sick of it, that desync is shittiest thing ever. Because Im tired of it. If you see a new post with 3 replies that desync sux, that doesnt mean its only 3 people think that. That means the rest people are tired of posting the same words over and over without any actions from GGG, because why? they will ignore it anyway
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
StumpyJoe wrote:
CWDT and IC setup is a very feeble answer. You basically are forced to take a gem setup space to counter something you have no way of knowing is there until they approach.

It's been a very very long time since I had an issue with devourers but I don't take a silly stance against CWDT/IC links -- but have also noticed that devourers rarely even set it off with enough evasion.

Devourers are trivial if you know what you are doing or don't take a stubborn stance on a simple solution.

If you are so stubborn to refuse to use CWDT w/ IC then may I suggest:

If you are using Iron Reflexes, well accept the downside of occasionally everything will hit you since other defenses do not have any entropy attached to them. 75% block can still be hit by everything in a short period.

EDIT: Hard to be certain, but it also seems they miss if you have high enough movement speed but I have not verified this since I don't usually make builds with huge movement. My latest build has a ton of movement passives and equipment. Rarely get hit by devourers and seem to be beyond the devourers by the time they pop up -- but this build also has decent evasion so hard to tell honestly.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jan 15, 2015, 8:34:05 AM
Not sure what the problem is, devourers don't bother me one bit.
Dodge better?
"
Lets make another thread about devourers so it will be 1875 one, perhaps GGG will get that devourers doesnt add hardcore but the add only rage.

Why not make this game fun? Too many frustrations in this game. I have played many games and when Im thinking about playing the game I have alreasy played, I think: "Nah, I dont wanna, Im bored with everything in that game"

When Im thinking about PoE, its: "Well, I'd like to play it but too many frustrations there, Ill better play something else"

People crying for year about devourers, why not them happy and reduce devourers damage, add earthquake effect when they poping up, remove them completely?

If you see the same cryings for over a year - that means something is wrong with it.

Every week its the same threads. Same, same, same.

Perhaps you could forget about something new you are going to implement and put your time in fixing previous content? Or its has to be a certains amount of threads to make you think that its need to be fixed? Or a certin amount of replies? Well, I dont reply in many threads but not because i dont have my opimion but just because Im tired of the same treads over and over, of posting the same words over and over. If everyone who think devourers suck would post it in each thread about devourers, that thrads would have been with 1000 pages

I see new thread about desync every day, but I dont post there that Im sick of it, that desync is shittiest thing ever. Because Im tired of it. If you see a new post with 3 replies that desync sux, that doesnt mean its only 3 people think that. That means the rest people are tired of posting the same words over and over without any actions from GGG, because why? they will ignore it anyway

No, GGG won't do anything about devourers because.. "Ehy, we GGG are the gods of supa-powa-HARDCORE games, how in the world can you think that WE can make a game that is FUN? You must suffer, because WE are the only arpg veterans in the entire world, because WE are 40 years old each and, back in the days of our youth, when you were still attached to your mother's chets chugging milk, WE already were the supa-uba-powa experts of Diablo 2 and we died a lot, so YOU must die a lot, too" -.-
I just remember a row of FOUR deaths by devourers in a 68 WHITE map: no warning of them at all, and all of a sudden... RIP!!! SIX blue devourers, with an insane damage. I have put attention: ONE of them (in the third death) has oneshotted my 4.000hp in a single swing -.-
On a side, off topic, note: MAYBE if GGG would have created a game ENTIRELY based on arpgs, and NOT on stupid systems like coloured & linked sockets that limit your progression (final fantasy 7, NOT an arpg), and NOT on a tree in wich there are more TAX passive nodes (=those +10 str/dex/int posed in the middle of nowhere and that doesn't lead to any cluster.. at the sole purpose of forcing players to waste points) than real skill nodes (final fantasy 10, NOT an arpg).. maybe we players would have been able to overcome by ourselves those fool game designs like devourers
Last edited by Wispo on Jan 15, 2015, 10:15:25 AM
Have you been to this forrum before OP? Expecting anything besides "devourers are easy, everything is easy for me because I am the best, if you are having trouble it is because your not as good at the game as me, GGG can do no wrong" was just silly.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Have you been to this forrum before OP? Expecting anything besides "devourers are easy, everything is easy for me because I am the best, if you are having trouble it is because your not as good at the game as me, GGG can do no wrong" was just silly.

I agree. Sadly, this community is composed more by unfriendly fanboys than by friendly fans of this game
"
blubbber wrote:
or dropbears...

Large dropbears pack with Bond of Chaos mod, instant RIP for many chars.

Don't really know who thought that was a good idea.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Last edited by rockmassif on Jan 15, 2015, 9:44:18 AM
I think Devourers is GGG's intended method of killing the "unkillable" character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info