Devourers, what makes their current state justified?

"Oh, there is something that can hurt/kill me, quick remove it."
Without devourers we wouldn't have Zeno's epic death, let'em stay!
Huh?
No surprises here.

Just about everyone who posted here rushes to defend Devourers of course and point fingers at me as if I'm the one to blame for how they work. Many people not even reading the posts and putting suggestions of totems (which doesn't work because they don't activate aggro for Devourers) and Granite Flasks despite me already stating my character has 90% PDR without Granite.

"Its your build"
"Its your play style"
"Its anything other than GGG decision of implementation"

I hoped to hear at least one person give some sensible response that didn't involve deflection. I preferably hoped someone from GGG would respond but I know they're likely busy.

A person earlier put it best and said "its a surprise attack" and thats precisely the issue. With as much problems as this game already has, why let things like this run rampant.

The change to them in the past shows that GGG did feel they were over bearing at least one point in time. Its not the end of the world to have a design flaw, balance never ends, but I really thought the community here would be a little more open than this.

"

This person here is an example of one of several people in this thread who put words in my mouth or twist what I say. I never once spoke of removal or change, my original questions direct toward the reasoning for GGG.
Last edited by StumpyJoe on Jan 15, 2015, 6:12:38 AM
just alt-f4 bro its not hard :^)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
StumpyJoe wrote:
No surprises here.

Just about everyone who posted here rushes to defend Devourers of course and point fingers at me as if I'm the one to blame for how they work. Many people not even reading the posts and putting suggestions of totems (which doesn't work because they don't activate aggro for Devourers) and Granite Flasks despite me already stating my character has 90% PDR without Granite.

"Its your build"
"Its your play style"
"Its anything other than GGG decision of implementation"

I hoped to hear at least one person give some sensible response that didn't involve deflection. I preferably hoped someone from GGG would respond but I know they're likely busy.

A person earlier put it best and said "its a surprise attack" and thats precisely the issue. With as much problems as this game already has, why let things like this run rampant.

The change to them in the past shows that GGG did feel they were over bearing at least one point in time. Its not the end of the world to have a design flaw, balance never ends, but I really thought the community here would be a little more open than this.

"

This person here is an example of one of several people in this thread who put words in my mouth or twist what I say. I never once spoke of removal or change, my original questions direct toward the reasoning for GGG.

It is there as a challenge. Got crap stats? Bad luck because they can kill you. And i never had problems because they pop up as soon as you go near their spawn point.
"
StumpyJoe wrote:
Basically this has been my experience with them since open beta:

But.... Devourers weren't in beta?

"
StumpyJoe wrote:
The mere fact that you have no way to possibly counter play their behavior has been a constant issue to me.

Armor? Immortal Call?

The fact that they help to keep glass cannon builds somewhat in check is rather positive in my opinion.

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
StumpyJoe wrote:
Basically this has been my experience with them since open beta:

But.... Devourers weren't in beta?

"
StumpyJoe wrote:
The mere fact that you have no way to possibly counter play their behavior has been a constant issue to me.

Armor? Immortal Call?

The fact that they help to keep glass cannon builds somewhat in check is rather positive in my opinion.

Basically this, if someone has problems with them, they are too focused on mere damage.
Devourers are just an insanely stupid design, especially in a game which is that prone to desync..

In HC you instantly leave maps if you see devourers most of the time because even if they are more or less manageable, you will desync in the middle of a pack and die because of their ridiculous amount of dmg...

but the worst thing is that devourers cause soo much desync...

also an example of the ridiculous devourer dmg:
met a rare devourer with extra damage and corrupting blood in lvl 73 map.

It popped out into my incinerate, so I had a full stack of CB without being able to do anything against. Then almost died in about a sec with 6k life and 700 life reg /sec.
every other build with less life regen would have been instantly dead...

How the hell can you call this 'balanced' ???
I have maybe 2-3% PDR and no CWDT+IC setup and can survive devourers (even hard mod ones), how someone with 90% PDR cry about it? Devourers have weak points, it's not hard to realize how to explore it with a little thinking.

Path of QQ.
Huh?
"
azraelb wrote:
Devourers are just an insanely stupid design, especially in a game which is that prone to desync..

In HC you instantly leave maps if you see devourers most of the time because even if they are more or less manageable, you will desync in the middle of a pack and die because of their ridiculous amount of dmg...

but the worst thing is that devourers cause soo much desync...

also an example of the ridiculous devourer dmg:
met a rare devourer with extra damage and corrupting blood in lvl 73 map.

It popped out into my incinerate, so I had a full stack of CB without being able to do anything against. Then almost died in about a sec with 6k life and 700 life reg /sec.
every other build with less life regen would have been instantly dead...

How the hell can you call this 'balanced' ???

I love em, they give you that kind of scare you get when you play a resident evil game. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info