Devourers, what makes their current state justified?

Just keep walking when they popup, you'll be fine.
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jan 15, 2015, 1:10:52 PM
Double post
Last edited by CabooseDog on Jan 15, 2015, 1:10:42 PM
"
"Oh, there is something that can hurt/kill me, quick remove it."

Last edited by toyotatundra on Jan 15, 2015, 1:12:26 PM
Devourers are the best!
"

I see new thread about desync every day, but I dont post there that Im sick of it, that desync is shittiest thing ever. Because Im tired of it. If you see a new post with 3 replies that desync sux, that doesnt mean its only 3 people think that. That means the rest people are tired of posting the same words over and over without any actions from GGG, because why? they will ignore it anyway

Link to GGG on desync so you can stop talking out your ass: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/710359
"
StumpyJoe wrote:

Wrong, the reason I stated one of my characters statistics was to express to you that I don't fit the criteria for glass cannon. Its not about inevitable "things will kill you" I'm talking about an fair experience for mitigation in a fair means and not just a "suck it up things beat you sometimes".

There's plenty of things that destroy my character and I'm fine with those because he is not intended for that. Things where spell block is a must or high block chance makes my character null and void. Void bearers with added projectiles for example I cannot do either. However all of those things are not the same degree of unfair experience you face when facing Devourers.

You have still not given a reason for why its justified other than contradicting and misinterpreting what I say for a "pissing contest". Devourers have unrealistic and unfair counter play options (if you can call them that) that are too niche compared to other mobs in this game.

On a side note, I never asked for the removal of the mob or even change to it. I just asked for justification of its current state.

Yea, actually you did ask to change it in your original post.

Direct quote from you: “Why have they not been changed?"

It looks like you probably died to a group of them in HC and then made this QQ thread about it. Every time someone gives you an answer you either ignore it or claim that it wasn’t what you wanted.

So get over it and accept that the developers wanted this "surprise attack" monster in the game for a more hardcore experience.

"
yungwhiz wrote:
Have you been to this forrum before OP? Expecting anything besides "devourers are easy, everything is easy for me because I am the best, if you are having trouble it is because your not as good at the game as me, GGG can do no wrong" was just silly.

There has to be some level-headed people that respond to what can be summarized as:

"I want to beat the game; I want to do it my way which includes some very stubborn and bad decisions; and I want to not be punished for my bad decisions."

Devourers are not a problem if you take the proper precautions (just like anything else). That is not a "fanboy" type argument, that is a fact.

I would actually say all the people jumping on the bandwagon of, "Devourers suck, GGG just says f you on these things." is more prone to group-think.

There are proven effective ways to combat devourers that are available to everyone. Plenty of people can provide help on that if you need it.

But that is not the point of this thread, is it?
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Just keep walking when they popup, you'll be fine.

This doesn't always work because of desync.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Because it is fun. Chris has a replay-system and an automatic economic evaluation algoritm connected to devourer-induced deaths. It is one of the highlights of his day :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
"Oh, there is something that can hurt/kill me, quick remove it."

You clearly didn't read what OP posted, come back when you have a couple minutes to spare for reading so you don't make a fool of yourself.

I think they would be okay if there was some way of telling where they are. Maybe their path is shown by some dirt trails. Ive read somewhere that they make a sound before rising up but I have never heard it. I guess I could try with the game sounds a little louder. Hopefully this works cause it isn't very fun to realize there's devourers when I'm being trapped by 6 of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info