Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

I'm solo/Sf player and the only thing that bothers me in the current system is mapdrops, but not the way you think... :D

Isntead of me asking 76-78's drop more often, i'd really want to see 66-71 maps drop more often and make these a bit harder(simply more monsterlife/damage).

Why this? Well the start of my Torment mapping was a nightmare... started with 5 66's and atleast 5 times went back to Docks/Lunaris... then i said fuck it, and started alching ALL my 67+ maps... and there you go, pool is slowly building, right now 6x76, 4x75, 4x74, 6x73, 12x72 + the rest, i no more pick up under 70 maps except tropical islands, wharfs, mountain ledges shores.. all those goods maps to find masters/quick loot.

But finding alchs for every map is a LITTLE timetaking process.. :D
I have bought 30-40 alcs from Vagan with my regrets, and that helps a lot but maens that i have no chances/scours (but then again this is the choice i make, either you map or you improve your gear)
Not really complaining, but lower level maps should be easier to find, and after 70+ should require that 80+IQQ.

Lastly, when i realized i need alch/map, i quickly rolled a summoner that can do any mod(so far up to 75's)..
So i really need 1-2 chaos/10 maps (no regen is usually the reason for a re-roll).

I need no SFL, and never do any 7 day leagues.
But if SFL ever happens, i hope it is either permanent(i will play) or atleast 6ML(i won't play, unless your stuff ends up in STD, where my toys are.. :D)
d:-D*
Oh there is one; Diablo 3.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Solo - self found - /players 6 for increased difficulty/ drops and i would throw my wallet at the screen.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Solo - self found - /players 6 for increased difficulty/ drops and i would throw my wallet at the screen.

Drop rates still shit I wouldn't.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
Pyrokar wrote:

Drop rates still shit I wouldn't.

Once one shops for gear, the drops will always seem bad in comparison.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I thought the point was clear in that SFL thread. Everyone was saying that the intention of the SFL league was pure and sincere until we read 'slightly increased drop rate'.

Seriously to hell man. The motive is just about an easier game. With that, everyone including me will migrate there since it is easier to play.

See here: my reason for no SFL
 I don't believe that most of us want GGG to water down PoE with a new Self-Found League. In fact the difficulty of content is perfect (PoE no-lifers need not respond) for most right now and all we need from GGG is to fix the crafting orb drop rates so that we may craft/gamble to our hearts content and actually have fun doing it. If an orb, for example Chance, is put into PoE and that said orb is unavailable in sufficient quantity to use in any meaningful way then what's the point of having it? I already know the answer is to farm enough other more plentiful orbs and then trade for Chances. But then if the RNG odds of actually getting any unique from using a Chance is so low that I would need 1000 of them then that means I need to be a no-life slaver to grind out enough currency to buy 1000 orbs to even have a go at gambling.

The proponents of an SFL league are not looking for GGG to water down the difficulty at all. Hell, I posted a while back that GGG should have a level of difficulty control just like D3 so that all can dial in their desired PoE level of content difficulty and if you go the easy route you get much less XP for monsters killed. That would allow all to set their own "Goldilocks" just right level of difficulty. What this thread and many before it are all focusing on is the fact that without any trading for crafting orbs most of the crafting functions in PoE are off the table because we simply can not amass enough of them on our own in a reasonable amount of time played. We have 3 month leagues and in < 1 month of casual playing I have a level 71 build ready to have a go at Merciless Dominus. In that amount of time I have this:

As you can see I have a modest amount of the crafting orbs and am as usual starved for the really important orbs (fusings, chance, scour, alch, etc.) for my solo no trading efforts. With the current level of orb drops and recipes and knowing the average amount of orbs needed for successful crafting there just isn't physically enough time to amass the quantity of orbs needed. So we continue on as best we can with the little we have and then post here in the vain attempt to get GGG's attention and hopefully (eventually... maybe naively) have some improvements made for the self-found exiles. I know it took Blizzard 3 years and a huge upheaval in the forums to get them to fix drops (I was surprised when they chose to banish trading completely and close the auction house) so we my have the same here but if no one speaks up then nothing will ever change. Maybe GGG doesn't give a damn (from the little I know I don't believe that) and will never do anything. Millions have played PoE and have decided that "this isn't the arpg we are looking for" and have moved on because of super low orb drop rates for time played (I know GGG has failed in the carrot-and-stick psychology of human motivation in PoE for me) and want a better bang for their arpg playing time. Those of us still here today because we love the build diversity and theory crafting but don't engage in trading are simply asking GGG to treat the loyal self-found mtx buyers better than we currently are.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
You can't do a kickstarter because you cannot deliver anything to contributors.
Everyone seems to want GGG to make them the game that best suits their play. You don't realize that not everyone wants the same game you do. In fact, if they gave any of us the game we WANT, no one would enjoy it. Getting what you want isn't as much fun as it sounds.
Everyone knows you do not need to trade, ever, technically. No one is saying you are *required* to trade. What people are saying is that GGG has deliberately set drop rates in a way to heavily encourage trading - that is self evident given GGG's fixation with an 'economy' - and it is that aspect of the game that they do not like.

tl/dr - you can make a self found league in which people do not feel forced to trade and where uniques and perfect rares aren't raining from the sky.

PS.The complete waste of time that the orb system/drop system *feels* like to me, is the only reason I quit playing this game. Is it a proper retort to suggest that PoE just ain't for me? Sure it is. However, these are forums for feedback and I'd think GGG would like info on how to increase their playerbase. If this game felt like D2 with MTX's I'd have spent well over the 2k I already did.

Oh, also, I have no idea what Dirk is on about, there was never a SFL. Unless it was on super-secret-alpha.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jan 10, 2015, 10:34:41 AM
SFL PLEZ :<

I want to see all those top kek racers / streamers etc etc show some skyllz in white / blue gear :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info