Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"
Moonyu wrote:
I could see a check box working for those that feel the need for it, but I have been playing solo self found only since CB.

Could the game be better designed for that style of play? Sure. Should it? *shrugs*

Grant_M thanks for buying the book. A nice review would be special *nod nod, wink wink*

If they would do the checkbox thing then people who play self found will complain still that whoever doesnt have the SF "tag" is number 1 must have traded to be at the top. Such a shame, would be so easy if people wouldnt need some silly ladder to validate their effort of going self found.
I cant see the checkbox thing working at all, at least not in existing leagues.

Like people that play in the legacy hardcore league like me, if i checked the SF flag on a character, i still have a crapton of gear in my stash i dont really know if i traded for or not. Sure 99% of it was self found, but certainly not everything.

My issue with self found is that you will lack gems to support interesting builds with your standard classes. In vanilla with no stashed gems, you will lack melee gems for your ranger or witch, you could never really pull off something like that.
"
Cataca wrote:

My issue with self found is that you will lack gems to support interesting builds with your standard classes. In vanilla with no stashed gems, you will lack melee gems for your ranger or witch, you could never really pull off something like that.

You could, it would just mean making a flexible temporary build until you have found your gems.

<.o

It's what i would do.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
disabled trade
bound on pickup ( not geared just bound to your char unusable for everyone else)

this would result in real ladderplay and no "offstream luck" for rmt scum

i would play such a league thats for sure
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Boem wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Making a SF temp league strikes me as a good idea. Changing a fundamental aspect of the game may be more interesting than just adding another small gimmick every league.

They already did this for a week, that race was a desert after 3/4 days.

Peace,

-Boem-

Temporary leagues are pretty much dead after ~2 months, so whats the difference ? Race was dead after 50% way and temporary leagues are dead after 50%.

It only proves that statistics work.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Did not read all 53 pages of comments, so, I guess I have to just point out what I prefer[preferred].

Like the concept of SFL and the intention of it, BUT, there is no way I would play there... the reasoning is simple. I like to help friends out... not trade... just give them some gear to get them on their feet in this game.

Okay... how does this idea really work? Solo'ing? ... well in that case, they do NOT need to create a "League" at all, they just need to make the game playable offline, like D2 and Single Player. Now the benefit of this, is simple, they can sell this and make a few $$$'s, they can also sell patches or maybe it is incorporated in the first buy offer.

The bonus of playing Single Player OFFLINE is that people with lower spec [base starting] computers can play the game more effectively than online. Another thing that they can do, they can IGNORE any patch updates that GGG create which nerfs certain builds.

The above statements are my personal experience in playing this game, and I live in New Zealand... I don't have access to a good computer anymore, can not buy one, can not afford to upgrade this one... love the game, but have not played since 2012 because it used to take me upto 3 minutes entering an area, this means, while people were running the ledge that I was teamed up with, basically completed it before I entered the area.

The game does NOT require a SFL at all, it requires YOU as the gamer to play your style to how the game is designed, if YOU want to play in a group of people and have fun by no trading available, then you can do many things other than GGG creating a "League" dedicated to YOU or similar minded people.

1. Create a Guild with specific rules etc.
2. Ask GGG for another Forum Link specifically designed around Self Found Gamers.
3. Talk to other like minded people, post a thread for them, where, when & how to either play together or create Guild runs seasonal as a competition.
4. @#3, dang, guild only runs, create an option when creating a game, that only YOUR guild members join, video it or whatever [NOTE: remember, I am not sure if this is already included in game]

Basically, if GGG does NOT create this SFL for you, or your friends and like minded people, find another way around it, think outside of the box even further.
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Making a SF temp league strikes me as a good idea. Changing a fundamental aspect of the game may be more interesting than just adding another small gimmick every league.

Peace,

-Boem-

Temporary leagues are pretty much dead after ~2 months, so whats the difference ? Race was dead after 50% way and temporary leagues are dead after 50%.

Uhm most of the 1-week races are extremely active until the last day.

This one was not, that's the difference.

People that contest in a 1-week are usually there to push it for a full week.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
eragon1111 wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Uhm most of the 1-week races are extremely active until the last day.

This one was not, that's the difference.

People that contest in a 1-week are usually there to push it for a full week.

Peace,

-Boem-

Then this only proves, people participating in races care only in "TIME CONSUPTION" competition and not "SKILL GAP" competition...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Wtf, why should you make a kickstarter campaign, this company already has enough money for stuff like this.
Ahhh...Nice to see the forums never change. While I am a proponent of an SFL, I have pretty much given up on that happening. I think the Forgotten Masters is as close to being able to craft as this game will ever get, and to be honest, it does allow for some gear progression. In that vein, it would be nice if Regals were a little more common, but that is never going to happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info