Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

I was talking about SFL being a temp league. Nothing permanent. Aphla was a test platform, so could this.

And I am not reaching. I still believe we don't need a SFL. What I do see is possibilities. Shame that those get slapped down so readily. But whatever.
you mean 4 temp leagues? (HC+SC)x2?

I belong to those who don't understand why you can't play your own way in leagues.
Making a SF temp league strikes me as a good idea. Changing a fundamental aspect of the game may be more interesting than just adding another small gimmick every league.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Making a SF temp league strikes me as a good idea. Changing a fundamental aspect of the game may be more interesting than just adding another small gimmick every league.

They already did this for a week, that race was a desert after 3/4 days.

Don't underestimate the struggle this game provides for a SF player, arguably this was before the ambush introduction etc so this could yield different results nowadays.

I am more in favor of the alternate idea, a checkbox on character creation that allows you to participate in a self-found ladder, disabling certain things for the player.

However, this presents itself with new difficulty's.

1) a SF player playing with a group of traders can leach mass experience of there maps and there ability to trade.

2) how to actively limit trade from them (throwing items on the ground for example etc)

Pretty sure it's very prone to abuse and one of the reasons why GGG does not invest in the concept.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:

Huh, when did that happen?
As GGG has stated before and as I play now, you can already play self found solo. No need for a special league just for it.

Could they make a temp league for it just they have made other temp leagues? Hardcore or not? Sure. Will they? None of you can answer that question.

The suggestion they could use it as a test platform is just that. A suggestion. You don't have to like it or hate it. Only GGG can make the decision if it appeals to them.
Are we still debating this?

I am a fan of a check-box option in existing leagues, marking your player as self found, making it unable to trade or pick up loot not allocated to you. I can't really see the "huge amount of resources" needed to do this, but hey - that's me, I'm no programmer.

Anywhore, what a lot of people having trouble understanding, is that GGG can't favor every single play style. If I like running around naked, playing unarmed without Facebreakers, I can't demand GGG to develop the game in that direction, allowing me to play this way.

BUT - when it comes to the self found play style, the case is a little bit different. PoE is the FIRST and ONLY aRPG hack'n slash game where trading is a necessity to do the highest content. For a non-MMORPG player, this is kind of new. Yes, trading went on in D2, but was NEVER a necessity. So it is kind of hard to accept that doing the game solo will be 348375 times harder than trade to win, and many (of us) sees that as sad. Really sad.

But, kids now-a-days feels entitled. Entitled to have access to everything. When they want. Either via trading or drops.

A few of us is still OK with not seeing the best uniques. Ever. Some of us like our carrots.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It would also have to be hardcore.

No buffed drop rates.

Highest leveled alive and dead characters count. People could re-roll to try and top their mark if there's enough time. Ripped characters go to the standard permanent league.

Now we're cooking with gas!

@Moon OT:
Spoiler
Been having a lot of laughs reading your book. Dig the slapstick comedy :)

"
kruemel2222 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:

Huh, when did that happen?

The whole krip "man-mode" race was a solo race so effectively self-found.

I suppose that's roughly one a half year ago, if not longer.So it is arguably up for a revision with all the new implementations since then.

Solo imply's self found, sadly it does not work the other way around. Else it would be rather easy to implement i imagine.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I could see a check box working for those that feel the need for it, but I have been playing solo self found only since CB.

Could the game be better designed for that style of play? Sure. Should it? *shrugs*

Grant_M thanks for buying the book. A nice review would be special *nod nod, wink wink*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info