Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
However, I would support self-found characters (check it on character creation to disable trading, disable partying with those who don't also check the box, and separate that character's stash from account stash for that league), and also a self-found ladder for each league on the website so you can be all competitive and shit.

What is the difference between what you are suggesting and separate leagues? If the two groups can't party with each other, they don't trade, and they are on separate ladders...then being in the same league means that they can talk to each other in global?
Leveling masters solo is a pain. Its doable, but like most things in this game it is designed for multi-player.

I gave up myself. Timed missions with a two handed melee solo? Screw that.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Typical response. I don't trade because I find it tedious and take no enjoyment from it.

That others fail to grasp this concept should not be the deciding factor.

And have you tried leveling the masters to level 8 without help? Solo players are at a serious ddisadvantage.

I still personally don't think we need a SSF league as it stands today. But a SSF temp league could be useful for testing.

But if you prefer to trade, why do you even care?

What you fail to grasp is the kind of game this is. Yes, I have actually. None of my masters are lvl 8 and I only play solo, im doing just fine.

The deciding factor is the kind of game GGG want. That includes a robust economy and TRADING.

If its not for you, find something that is? Stop trying to mold the game to meet your definition of what is acceptable.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Moonyu wrote:
Typical response. I don't trade because I find it tedious and take no enjoyment from it.

That others fail to grasp this concept should not be the deciding factor.

And have you tried leveling the masters to level 8 without help? Solo players are at a serious disadvantage.

I still personally don't think we need a SSF league as it stands today. But a SSF temp league could be useful for testing.

But if you prefer to trade, why do you even care?

What you fail to grasp is the kind of game this is. Yes, I have actually. None of my masters are lvl 8 and I only play solo, im doing just fine.

The deciding factor is the kind of game GGG want. That includes a robust economy and TRADING.

If its not for you, find something that is? Stop trying to mold the game to meet your definition of what is acceptable.

[removed by support] Everybody can do as he wants within that context and allow his own personal expectations and believes to rule over his experience.

As in MoonYu's case it's solo and mostly melee since that's what he enjoys.

As for this thread, it's a request to create a meta-game for solo self-found players as currently this does not exist. Not an unfair request but one that requires resources and changes for sure, maybe to much to be realistic at this point.

MoonYu fails nothing in this game, more so he is a target audience, a player that creates his own fun within the sandbox provided. The fact he ignores certain game provided features is because they deter the fun for him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : apologies jess_GGG <.o
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 24, 2015, 2:28:36 PM
Stop? No thanks. My opinion is just as valad as yours.

You should also read where I wrote that I don't see the need for a solo self found league.

What I did propose was a possible alternative. Why that bothers you is not my problem.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Stop? No thanks. My opinion is just as valad as yours.

You should also read where I wrote that I don't see the need for a solo self found league.

What I did propose was a possible alternative. Why that bothers you is not my problem.

It doesn't bother me. Your denial is your own problem. You say you no longer play but harp about the features of the game on the forums. When i'm done with a game I move onto something else. Whatever floats your boat though mate.

Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 24, 2015, 2:12:21 PM
Came back some time ago actually. You probably don't remember that when I quit for a time, I ceased to give feedback out talk or the game unless asked directly.

Now back on topic: SFL isn't happening anytime soon if ever. Could they do it? Yes. Will they? I am not the person to answer that question.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Came back some time ago actually. You probably don't remember that when I quit for a time, I ceased to give feedback out talk or the game unless asked directly.

Now back on topic: SFL isn't happening anytime soon if ever. Could they do it? Yes. Will they? I am not the person to answer that question.

The answer has been given by GGG many times. Even linked in this very thread. The answer is no.

Accept it and play the game they want you to play, or don't.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Leveling masters solo is a pain. Its doable, but like most things in this game it is designed for multi-player.

I gave up myself. Timed missions with a two handed melee solo? Screw that.

I just do them with chars im lvling in XP farm parties in docks. Thats some easy rep for the masters and one day they might actually lvl up to 7 or 8.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Most people seen to dislike the idea of solo self found due to drops. This is the wrong argument we should be having.

What GGG could do with a SSF league is test buffs, nerfs and new gems before releasing them elsewhere.

Drops aren't the problem and never have been. The problem is solo game play and being able to survive higher end content.

By using single player as a test model, they could test what works and what doesn't. A sort of advanced alpha mode.
This is highly illogical. "Single player" is not the place for tests like this, especially since economic effect is an important thing to test. The proper place for tests is a temporary league with an economy. Note that GGG's standard excuse regarding legacy uniques is "we would have to shut down the servers for days to change everything," which happily is precisely what could happen at the end of a temporary league before its characters migrate to Standard; thus even oddball unique item concepts could possibly be attempted. But in any case, experimentation is what temp leagues should be for.

It feels like you were really grasping at straws here, trying to find an argument for your conclusion instead of the way around.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
However, I would support self-found characters (check it on character creation to disable trading, disable partying with those who don't also check the box, and separate that character's stash from account stash for that league), and also a self-found ladder for each league on the website so you can be all competitive and shit.
What is the difference between what you are suggesting and separate leagues? If the two groups can't party with each other, they don't trade, and they are on separate ladders...then being in the same league means that they can talk to each other in global?
That, and you don't have separate content. For ladder purposes, first self-found 100 in a new challenge league would be some heavily contested shit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 24, 2015, 2:50:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info