Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"
Xavderion wrote:
Will someone finally deliver on the Kickstarter campaign?

Yes, we all want that SFL these guys have been talking about. I was promised buffed orb drops!
I would delete D3 on an instant if PoE had a SFL with increased drop rates.

Only reason I enjoy ARPGs is because you _find_ loot to improve your character, not by trading/getting boosted by other players.

Currently D3 provides the thrill of _finding_ new items a lot better than PoE does.

The only thrill where PoE delivers is _finding_ new tradeables but I'm into trading and grinding currency :J
SFL would be the death of the game, I am glad that GGG won't implement that feature.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Currently D3 provides the thrill of _finding_ new items a lot better than PoE does.

Funny, I remember getting geared up in uniques within a few days of RoS then getting nothing but trash drops I ended up salvaging.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
Malone wrote:
SFL would be the death of the game, I am glad that GGG won't implement that feature.

Perhaps you missed the word "optional" in the title?
The rationale behind having a separate league is three-fold:
1. Separate economy. Keeping temp economies away from perm economies, HC away from SC, etc. Self-found, by definition, doesn't have an economy to separate.
2. Separate rules. Some SFL supporters want separate rules, so they could get more loots while using their favorite playstyle. Well, I like playing summoner characters whose minions don't explode, and I want a league where Zombies have 200% more Life but Instability isn't allowed. The two arguments are about equally valid. I don't think I'm getting Zombie League anytime soon.
3. Separate ladders. This allows you to see how others are doing and get real competitive.

So since this whole self-found concept only succeeds on one count, I do not agree with a self-found league.

However, I would support self-found characters (check it on character creation to disable trading, disable partying with those who don't also check the box, and separate that character's stash from account stash for that league), and also a self-found ladder for each league on the website so you can be all competitive and shit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 24, 2015, 6:22:30 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The rationale behind having a separate league is three-fold:
1. Separate economy. Keeping temp economies away from perm economies, HC away from SC, etc. Self-found, by definition, doesn't have an economy to separate.
2. Separate rules. Some SFL supporters want separate rules, so they could get more loots while using their favorite playstyle. Well, I like playing summoner characters whose minions don't explode, and I want a league where Zombies have 200% more Life but Instability isn't allowed. The two arguments are about equally valid. I don't think I'm getting Zombie League anytime soon.
3. Separate ladders. This allows you to see how others are doing and get real competitive.

So since this whole self-found concept only succeeds on one count, I do not agree with a self-found league.

However, I would support self-found characters (check it on character creation to disable trading, disable partying with those who don't also check the box, and separate that character's stash from account stash for that league), and also a self-found ladder for each league on the website so you can be all competitive and shit.

I'd certainly be thrilled with your suggested outcome SMcB. I have some faith left that if GGG did want to implement it, they'd do so in a very reasoned way taking into account their experience to-date with PoE. If that ends up being your proposal, colour me excited. But apparently this is my blind spot...

P.
Well, the main thing I'm rabidly against is self-found getting increased drop rates. Or its own league. I'm not against the playstyle itself, and I'd actually really like to see streamers fighting for the top spot on a self-found ladder (rather than relying on "trades" - really more like donations - as they often do).

But you ain't getting my money.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 24, 2015, 6:43:27 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, the main thing I'm rabidly against is self-found getting increased drop rates. Or its own league. I'm not against the playstyle itself, and I'd actually really like to see streamers fighting for the top spot on a self-found ladder (rather than relying on "trades" - really more like donations - as they often do).

But you ain't getting my money.

There's a little spider sense tingle in me that is starting to hope that the Act 4 release might include something like what you've described SMcB.

It may well be wishful thinking, but the fact that it's been quite a long time since anyone from GGG reinforced their (perceived?) negative view towards self-found, means that I am starting to have a glimmer of hope that they will try to address this commonly articulated desire by many players...

P.
I'd be far more likely to begin flipping and shopping in the tainted economy leagues if I were also able to have characters in a checkbox league :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info