Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"
I'd be far more likely to begin flipping and shopping in the tainted economy leagues if I were also able to have characters in a checkbox league :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, help me out here...? Or are we agreeing?!?!?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
I'd be far more likely to begin flipping and shopping in the tainted economy leagues if I were also able to have characters in a checkbox league :)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, help me out here...? Or are we agreeing?!?!?

We're agreeing. Always have.
So, how much money did this kickstarter raise?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
However, I would support self-found characters (check it on character creation to disable trading, disable partying with those who don't also check the box, and separate that character's stash from account stash for that league), and also a self-found ladder for each league on the website so you can be all competitive and shit.

Oh, I like this idea. Of course it doesn't solve the solo loot drop problems, but a lot of current self-found players would probably be happy with this.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Most people seen to dislike the idea of solo self found due to drops. This is the wrong argument we should be having.

What GGG could do with a SSF league is test buffs, nerfs and new gems before releasing them elsewhere.

Drops aren't the problem and never have been. The problem is solo game play and being able to survive higher end content.

By using single player as a test model, they could test what works and what doesn't. A sort of advanced alpha mode.
Playing solo isn't the problem, its your refusal to trade or take part in the economy. With masters you don't even need to anymore anyway.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Typical response. I don't trade because I find it tedious and take no enjoyment from it.

That others fail to grasp this concept should not be the deciding factor.

And have you tried leveling the masters to level 8 without help? Solo players are at a serious ddisadvantage.

I still personally don't think we need a SSF league as it stands today. But a SSF temp league could be useful for testing.

But if you prefer to trade, why do you even care?
"
Moonyu wrote:
Most people seen to dislike the idea of solo self found due to drops. This is the wrong argument we should be having.

What GGG could do with a SSF league is test buffs, nerfs and new gems before releasing them elsewhere.

Drops aren't the problem and never have been. The problem is solo game play and being able to survive higher end content.

By using single player as a test model, they could test what works and what doesn't. A sort of advanced alpha mode.

But how would one get any items when the drop rate isnt buffed? You cant test what doesnt drop. I like the way you think but i dont think it would work.
"
"
Moonyu wrote:

But how would one get any items when the drop rate isnt buffed? You cant test what doesnt drop. I like the way you think but i dont think it would work.

yeah, sadly alpha was like this a long time ago when I had access, a bit if a ghost town as it was pretty pointless to use it to test content in a game driven around trade, when you couldn't trade due to the tiny and absent alpha playerbase.
"
Moonyu wrote:

And have you tried leveling the masters to level 8 without help? Solo players are at a serious ddisadvantage.

Level 8 is hard, but level 7 isn't. You get most of what you need by level 6.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info