Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"

How many "respondents" are actually different people? See, thats why voting on the internet never works because of alt accounts and multiple votes by the same people.

.. take your tin foil hat off
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
"
mrpetrov wrote:
1714 respondents
66% in favour of testing an optional SFL
19% not in favour of testing an optional SFL
15% maybe in favour, depending on the details

P.

How many "respondents" are actually different people? See, thats why voting on the internet never works because of alt accounts and multiple votes by the same people.

You're resorting to criticising the data now? Survey monkey only takes one vote per IP, so unless someone felt so strongly about this topic they spammed proxy servers to vote many, many times to skew the results (which, to me, seems unlikely)...?

P.
"
Boem wrote:
"
totalbackline wrote:
"

They already did a SFL temp league thing and no one wanted it, so why should they add something for just a few people that dont want to play D3 and that cant get their hands off trade chat? Seriously, get your shit together and just dont trade. Its like getting just not laid when you go out, if you dont want it, dont do it.

Wow Dirk believed Boem. You know that SFL thing your now sprouting about was never actually sanctioned, it was purely just a Kripp thing. You can now leave this SF thread and every other SF thread forever now you puppet.

Maybe get your fact's straight yourself.

Kripp started the "melee only" mode within that solo one week race. With some additional rules to increase the challenge and to see how melee was doing in that state of the game since yes, even then, there was a lot of a hassle concerning the state of melee.

But it was a one week solo race event. Thus coming the closest to something resembling an SFL to date.

Peace,

-Boem-

on-topic : i would play this purely for the ladder.

I would imagine, bot's and rmt would be unable to take a foothold in such a league, RNG would be even more prevalent (thus more challenge/stress on designed build etc).

I can only donate in spirit do :'), but i have never been for or against an SFL. For me it would just be "another kind of challenge" to participate in.

Sfl for me means the game like it is, with it's current drop-rates btw. I need no fancy orb increased drops or stuff.

I will note, that the core game does not "lend" itself to an SFL league petrov, the game is to rapidly changing to support what i consider to be a "long endurance" league.
This is already troublesome to a lot of SC/HC league players, now imagine the stress on players without trade available to them?

While not "concept killing" it is something to take into consideration.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
Glorn2 wrote:

In a self found league, I think it would be really upsetting of me and my friend were playing together, and I found a piece of gear that is amazing for him and useless to me, and I couldn't give it to him. There would need to be a small window to trade items to people who were there when they dropped.

This is exactly what trading enables. Between friends or players that have never met before. It's a valid point, but in the light of an SFL it would be a L2P issue. Joining such a league when this bothers you would be unwise to say the least :').

edit2 : typo's

In the mindset of a "race" season, albeit separated slightly, I fail to see how this "race" would gain any traction for a pure SF league. Was it that unsuccessful with Kripp and all his minions that it would be shelved indefinitely, never to be seen again? Calling it a league, gathering seven days worth of data and basing all subsequent decisions on SF from one specific event is... somewhat misinformed...
Last edited by totalbackline on Jan 10, 2015, 9:07:15 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
I would not support it, because GGG promised "paid leagues".

Do we get paid to play in that league or do we have to pay to play in that league? :P

The latter :)

Let me elaborate a bit.

For the vast majority I play solo self-found. I've bought some leveling gear to speed up boring leveling in fresh leagues, but that's it. All the gear on my endgame viable high chars is self-found. I find shopping for tailored gear off the shelve extremely boring and casual. Buying gear defeats the purpose of the game. Sometimes I sell things for orbs I need to roll maps (luck-gated endgame design pisses me off). I don't mind trading or interacting with others a bit, but I abhor economy-centric game design.

Despite that, I would not donate a single cent to this initiative, because:

* It's GGG job to provide the gameplay people want. This game is already donation-based, GGG should create a SFL with the money they already get from us. See: "paid leagues" vaporware.

* Throwing more money at GGG does not guarantee squat. More cash doesnt guarantee that desync will be fixed or 3D engine improved. It wont guarantee a SFL.

* Ultimatively it's not a problem of lack of money, but lack of will. GGG thinks that only a trading-based gameplay will keep the MTX income flow (people partying and trading and seeing each other flashy mtxes...). This premise is flawed, imo, as solo players and non-traders donate money too (in fact, maybe even more than some party-trade players). But GGG will still not risk giving legitimacy to SF play, by creating a separate league.

* A SFL is the wrong way to solve this game problems. problems being: boring looting (a total RNG mess, without a 'system'), luck-gate endgame, economy-centric game design, gamble-crafting... All this stuff can be corrected without 'SFL segregation', in the core game. Create a proper looting system, that is not just "global randomness". Fix the endgame to follow a difficulty/reward progression curve, not random luck. Push the need to trade into niche segments, instead of spreading it all over the game. etc..
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
morbo, I agree with a lot of your post, but thinking that somehow they can "fix" trading/the rest of the game so that trading is not the path-of-leas-resistance or optimal min-max strategy is, in my view, wrong. Trading, if unfettered (ie contrast D3 ROS' limited trading) will always be the best option to progress your gear - sadly.

P.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
I would not support it, because GGG promised "paid leagues".

Do we get paid to play in that league or do we have to pay to play in that league? :P

The latter :)

Let me elaborate a bit.

For the vast majority I play solo self-found. I've bought some leveling gear to speed up boring leveling in fresh leagues, but that's it. All the gear on my endgame viable high chars is self-found. I find shopping for tailored gear off the shelve extremely boring and casual. Buying gear defeats the purpose of the game. Sometimes I sell things for orbs I need to roll maps (luck-gated endgame design pisses me off). I don't mind trading or interacting with others a bit, but I abhor economy-centric game design.

Despite that, I would not donate a single cent to this initiative, because:

* It's GGG job to provide the gameplay people want. This game is already donation-based, GGG should create a SFL with the money they already get from us. See: "paid leagues" vaporware.

* Throwing more money at GGG does not guarantee squat. More cash doesnt guarantee that desync will be fixed or 3D engine improved. It wont guarantee a SFL.

* Ultimatively it's not a problem of lack of money, but lack of will. GGG thinks that only a trading-based gameplay will keep the MTX income flow (people partying and trading and seeing each other flashy mtxes...). This premise is flawed, imo, as solo players and non-traders donate money too (in fact, maybe even more than some party-trade players). But GGG will still not risk giving legitimacy to SF play, by creating a separate league.

* A SFL is the wrong way to solve this game problems. problems being: boring looting (a total RNG mess, without a 'system'), luck-gate endgame, economy-centric game design, gamble-crafting... All this stuff can be corrected without 'SFL segregation', in the core game. Create a proper looting system, that is not just "global randomness". Fix the endgame to follow a difficulty/reward progression curve, not random luck. Push the need to trade into niche segments, instead of spreading it all over the game. etc..

Youre wrong. GGGs job is to make the game they want people to play. Dont like the game GGG makes, dont play it. Same rights for everyone really, dont like D3, dont play, dont like COD, dont play, the list goes on. Want a SFL? Find a game that has self found. Its not about effects, GGG would make a lot of money if their goal for POE was to be SFL.
Would love to play in SFL league :(

GGG plsssssssssssssss

/Petrov +1
Count me in! :)

Dirk: your argument works both ways, don't want to play in a sfl, keep playing the way you did before. What's your problem with that?
Being so negative about something that wouldn't even affect you is just childish really.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Trading, if unfettered (ie contrast D3 ROS' limited trading) will always be the best option to progress your gear - sadly.

Because GGG insists on a "everything should be always tradeable" system. In some cases, items should become account bound, to curb down the power of trade, eg:

* make eternals more common, but once you use an eternal on an item, the item becomes account bound. You can create perfect items for yourself, but if you want to cash in on trading / mirror service, you'll have to just yolo exalt. No perfect item creation for the market.

* gear that is ripped from HC leagues should become account bound, to prevent trading back into HC. This is supposed to be a "hardcore" game, yet the developers allow such an unbelieveble "loophole"?? Not even Blizzard bureaucrats came up with such casual lame design, that shits on "hardcore"...

etc..

No need to remove trading, just tone down it a bit and then you can give more power to looting & crafting.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 10, 2015, 9:43:01 AM
"
Youre wrong. GGGs job is to make the game they want people to play. Dont like the game GGG makes, dont play it.

I'll quote you on that, the next time you'll complain about something, ok?

This is a game GGG wants to play. D3 is that way --->>
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info