Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

Saying that there is a difference because of "competition" for a ladder that is self found makes zero sense and players like Havoc and others in the past have all done builds with next to no gear to almost max level in one week races and all that.

The only baring that SFL has is increased drops that people want because they choose to play the game without interaction with other players. The difference it will make is minimal because in any ARPG you are grinding for gear and that sense of competition some people speak of comes down to pure RNG and having a build that will take advantage of the RNG you are given.

To give an example... someone in SFL is playing flame blast because it is one of the most efficient builds in the game on a low currency budget and finds something that will allow for their build to do even better (find a COD pre-5 linked or something) where as someone who is playing a crit arc witch finds a mjolner and now has better clear speed because they are close enough in points to being able to spec into something similar to what havoc is running now. The first person to get that RNG that plays a lot wins... they become the hare and everyone else in the entire league become the tortoise. The only major impact that SFL would have is possibly someone's ability to maintain a map pool.

Competition in these games stem from leveling and gear acquisition. If you do not find it fun/enjoyable to farm items and make your own gear on a challenge league just because others can have better then you due to trading for crafting materials then theres something wrong with you and not inherently with the game itself.

In the end regardless of if you are playing self found or not the more you play the more apt you are to do better. Using competition as a reason for a SFL is just silly as in SFL RNG is more prevalent in the outcomes of the ladder as well as the amount of time played will always impact competition.

Anhuart(SP) is a good example of someone who plays a lot and has everything he ever wanted and can be competitive with others because of his time investments. He has had good RNG with a lot of things he has done and simply has put thousands of hours into the game.

If a SFL were to occur you would get no increased variety because people would have to play what is most efficient to stay "competitive." And lets be honest... how many people asking for the SFL are even in top 50 ladder foe either challenge league?
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Last edited by Shodokan123 on Jan 30, 2015, 6:50:13 PM
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

The only baring that SFL has is increased drops that people want because they choose to play the game without interaction with other players. The difference it will make is minimal because in any ARPG you are grinding for gear and that sense of competition some people speak of comes down to pure RNG and having a build that will take advantage of the RNG you are given.

I'd much rather see all drop rates lowered so that you need insanely good luck to progress. That's the sort of competition I enjoy.
Once again, Torment solo/SF level 91 here, and no SFL league!!!

Only thing that imo is needed, is an option to tag your character as SF, when you it... and then that would disable any trade and gives your character that cool-looking [SF], showing also, when looking @ladder (lol, who does that anyway?).
d:-D*
Would not support a kickstarter for SFL in POE in any shape or form.

Game is designed/balanced to be best *enjoyed* by utilizing trade and feeding a pyramid economy ... this is GGGs *vision* and not likely to change.... ever.

I suggest looking into more traditional types of ARPGs with a focus on the singleplayer with MMO/online/co-op features as an *option* to enhance the players experience and not focused to *be* the players experience.

Happy hunting
Last edited by Temper on Jan 31, 2015, 9:31:21 PM
Do people actually care about seasonal ladders? They're so retarded and meant for people who play 14 hours poe/day and don't have anything else in their pathetic and simplistic lives.

Do people think seasonal ladder matter? There's nothing competive about sitting in chair like retard whole day long.

I do not even understand people who don't play self-found.. Do you want to replace your shitty gear with loot you find in ground and say fuck yeah!!!! OR trade some currencies with some nolifer who will boost you with shitty item?

People play like fucking robots and forget about challange and fun of it.
Last edited by Goredeath on Jan 31, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
"
Goredeath wrote:
Do people actually care about seasonal ladders? They're so retarded and meant for people who play 14 hours poe/day and don't have anything else in their pathetic and simplistic lives.

Do people think seasonal ladder matter? There's nothing competive about sitting in chair like retard whole day long.

I do not even understand people who don't play self-found.. Do you want to replace your shitty gear with loot you find in ground and say fuck yeah!!!! OR trade some currencies with some nolifer to get your cheap item?

People play like fucking robots and forget about challange and fun of it.

People might want to try unusual builds using items they haven't found or are unlikely to find. Nothing wrong with people enjoying the game how they will.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Right. If you want higher lvl to boosst you content or give you sick item for some cheap currency is like using aimbot in fps games. Why aim when work can be done for you. Only difference is that here it's legit because it doesn't harm others but doesn't remove fact that's equally retarded.
Funny how even a alpha player managed to call the passive tree a skill tree?

If you dont know how to play with trade chat off you have a serious problem.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
Once again, Torment solo/SF level 91 here, and no SFL league!!!

Only thing that imo is needed, is an option to tag your character as SF, when you it... and then that would disable any trade and gives your character that cool-looking [SF], showing also, when looking @ladder (lol, who does that anyway?).

Yeah that feature would be cool. I already have a pool of Characternames pro-created on my Account, so no way to recreate them all with SF before their names. I want to keep these "original" ones. But some SF tag-option, which also disables trading, would do the job.

Ofc. sometimes I like to be able to simply give away something to a mate for free, so there's that problem which occurs when I want to do that but have trade disabled.
Last edited by Tanit on Feb 3, 2015, 5:37:57 AM
I would totally support a SF league. Preferably HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info