Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Finishing Touches: My map design [Cancelled]

OK... so soon there will be level 82, and level 83, and who knows... maybe even 90. There needs to be a limit and they need to stick to it. Creep is a bad thing.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
OK... so soon there will be level 82, and level 83, and who knows... maybe even 90. There needs to be a limit and they need to stick to it. Creep is a bad thing.

I kinda just put a random number there to be honest I may lower it to like 77s lol the 3-8 thingie was too much RNG in the first design.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
It wouldn't surprise me if act 4 brings another tier or two of regular map levels. The open beta launch brought us big changes to the map tiers, increasing them to the 66-77 range(not sure what the old ranges were). Act 3x brought us the 78 tier of maps. They have a history of doing this when they add new tilesets to the game.
Change "guaranteed 3 uniques" into "guaranteed 1 unique, cannot drop tier 4 trash ones"
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Having thought about it more, I think a negative of the design idea is that it will be gated to the upper echelons of wealthy ingame players, a bit like Uber Atziri.

Although I am not against difficult content, I think someone should perhaps run with this idea:

The rewards of the map are based on achieving certain milestones within the map (i.e. full clear, 0 deaths, within x minutes, using x or y, using no potions etc you get the gist).

That way, everyone can enjoy the "cool" features of a map, not just those who could afford a gear check and/or run specific builds.

Alternatively it could be a tiered map, so it starts off not too difficult, if you manage to get past it - you enter into a room and a harder version of the map or area pops up - keep cycling this until time runs out or out of portals. More rewards as you go to certain parts of the maps.

If you manage to incorporate that into your idea I_NO, although probably becoming a more complicated project, big thumbs up from me.

The map would probably have a lot of replay-ability value too this way and maybe even a new craze as to who can run it the fastest.

ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on Dec 31, 2014, 11:57:01 AM
on second thought:
they nerfed your map already, haha :P

i would combine these two mods, so that they roll the same number each
risk vs reward vs playerchoice
+ 1 - 50% Item Quality
+ Monster damage Increased by 1 - 50%

-->

+ 34% Item Quality
+ Monster damage Increased by 34%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
A lot of people don't like devourers :_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
This map seems more like a build check than a wealth check. If you had permanent immortal call, it sounds like a walk in the park.
"
This map seems more like a build check than a wealth check. If you had permanent immortal call, it sounds like a walk in the park.

Mmmmh we can change that =x

<.<
>.>
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
will be fun.
Instead of one spider boss you could make the strongest boss a bit more "unique": Its skin could be the golden flame-bearer dog from dominus's place, and it would have increased size%... It could be an inhabitant&ruler of that dark place as it emits light from itself, and all spiders&devouers are afraid of it...

Also , someone make pls a : Map of Giants, where every monster is magic, and have 200% increased size, thnx.
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info