Melee is the worst bullshit ever in poe

"
goetzjam wrote:
I mean not everyone likes casting enduring cry\ic every single pack.

That's why you use Cast on Damage Taken. Not that hard to find a nice balance between the amount of damage you need to take and the duration of IC.
"
Axterix13 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

That's why you use Cast on Damage Taken. Not that hard to find a nice balance between the amount of damage you need to take and the duration of IC.

So your saying for builds that don't go for spell block and just go for regular block they are dumb because they can do ec\ic?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Axterix13 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

So your saying for builds that don't go for spell block and just go for regular block they are dumb because they can do ec\ic?

You can mitigate physical damage quite easily a number of ways, least of which is simply popping a granite flask or wearing good gear. Most high level players and streamers are using EC/IC on cwdt.

Comparatively, spell damage doesn't have many counters and doesn't have any IC cheese mechanics. It's difficult flasking against spell damage too because it can come in 5 different types of damage including physical. It's not wrong to want block on your character, but I'd definitely say it's not worth the investment unless you're doing it to get spell block.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 3, 2015, 1:02:07 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
It's not wrongbut I'd definitely say it's not worth the investment unless you're doing it to get spell block.

There are countless non-spell attacks in this game where spellblock has no effect at all so i disagree here completely.
- Best Signature Ever -
"
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
It's not wrongbut I'd definitely say it's not worth the investment unless you're doing it to get spell block.

There are countless non-spell attacks in this game where spellblock has no effect at all so i disagree here completely.

All of which are mitigated via multiple stacking mechanisms before you even reach block. You're welcome to disagree but where efficiency is concerned it's a non-debate
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

All of which are mitigated via multiple stacking mechanisms before you even reach block. You're welcome to disagree but where efficiency is concerned it's a non-debate

Block is an absolute effect, stacked or stiff defenses are not, Hint: Damage Spikes. :)

Not to mention that a lot of builds are not even able to stack (enough) armor or endurance charges.
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jan 3, 2015, 11:57:23 AM
"

Not to mention that a lot of builds are not even able to stack (enough) armor or endurance charges.

Block is every bit as RNG as any other defensive mechanism.
-----
Bug Fixes:
guyze, srsly stop feeding. this is the largest troll thread ive ever seen
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
dealer13 wrote:
guyze, srsly stop feeding. this is the largest troll thread ive ever seen

There is apparently plenty of trolls agreeing with op in this thread, and in POE world as well.

I too agree with op, Melee is broken bad at high level if you have average gear.
With average gears a ranged will perform 100% better with 100% less investment in tree or items.

When This game was advertised, they where so proud of the diversity of builds, But nowadays how much people play Ranged instead of Melee?

GGG killed diversity when they introduced easy dps skills and nerfed core melee defenses (life,regen,armor,block).

It is easier to play a scion or a witch melee, using ES or ST than playing the stereotype life based warrior in this game unless you have a legacy Kaom or hybrid melee+rf.

Forum pvp
I'd play melee if every offensive melee/weapon dmg node had half the percentage gain in life too,
and determination aura had also the armor percentage buff dmg and life,
default melee range set to +3,
and the entire hitbox bumping reduced by 99%,
or if the game changed that whole design into something like teamfortress2,
where you can't overlap each other, so enemies kinda bump off you, but won't block your movement.

Yeah, melee sucks.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info