Melee is the worst bullshit ever in poe

I have never used max block or even high block in a build, ever. I have used standard block with bonuses to ev/es from the shield often. Why? Because I don't fill my slots with uniques (no spell block) because I barely cap resists as it is (not rich/botting/rmting) and don't have the points to spend on mechanics that only mitigate attacks and leave you vulnerable to spells. Free block chance by having one equipped is great though and not broken at all.

What concerns me about block changes is that I USED to run acro melee with a shield or 2W and it wasn't even that good by itself before. Now I even got a nerf to that and for what? Because some rich idiots capped spell block with their 150 exalt builds? Total bullshit and as I've said this nerfs melee and leaves ranged untouched.

Which is why they should have capped block at a lower value and left base block alone for all builds, leaving acro the way it was.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 2, 2015, 10:35:43 AM
"
I have never used max block or even high block in a build, ever.

Why not it was the strongest form of damage mitigation in the game. Considering you are complaining about melee your opionion would probably be much different if you played characters with the max block, spell block, mom and acro combo that was possible before.

"
I barely cap resists as it is

How is this possible if you aren't stacking uniques?

"
and don't have the points to spend on mechanics that only mitigate attacks and leave you vulnerable to spells.

Well if your running MoM and AA you don't really need anything else to mitigate phys damage.

"
Free block chance by having one equipped is great though and not broken at all.

Probably not, its just how easy it was to stack damage mitigation.

"
What concerns me about block changes is that I USED to run acro melee with a shield or 2W and it wasn't even that good by itself before. Now I even got a nerf to that and for what? Because some rich idiots capped spell block with their 150 exalt builds? Total bullshit and as I've said this nerfs melee and leaves ranged untouched.

It didn't cost 150 exalts to cap spell block and regular block, even in standard I don't think it would be anywhere near that. Lets do some price estimations.

Corrupted stone with 4% block, was the most desired stat on that ammy, I THINK this costed like 10ex or less on Beyond. While this is a LOT it is the most expensive item for max capped block.

Rainbow strides were like 2ish EX I believe.

Rathpith was 3-4ex, maybe a bit less as the league went on.

Between those items and skill points invested into the tree you had capped spell block and regular block, in addition certain builds such as incinerate can go max block, spell block, acro, MoM, AA, purity or two of there choice, maybe some heralds and facetank like everything.

In regard to melee becoming nerfed because of the changes, it also affected any character such as pseudo melee from stacking these defenses. This mentality of they nerfed my build but didn't nerf his is just poor thinking.

"
Which is why they should have capped block at a lower value and left base block alone for all builds, leaving acro the way it was.

Maybe, but they apparently didn't want to change capped block builds, but rather how it worked with Acro.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 2, 2015, 12:05:23 PM
Because rng defense is rng and not reliable for hc players.

Pseudo melee can get nerfed, it's not melee.

20 ex is vastly beyond the reach of normal players and is pretty fucking expensive guy.

And why did they want to do that instead of lowering block cap?

Checkmate
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 2, 2015, 12:28:03 PM
"
Because rng defense is rng and not reliable for hc players.

What is this in response to block?

"
Pseudo melee can get nerfed, it's not melee.

So anything but your build can get nerfed your fine with that? I mean if you didn't stack block before then the nerf really shouldn't hurt you that much.

So in regards to well they nerfed melee and not ranged, do you really care they didn't apparently nerf your build that much.

"
20 ex is vastly beyond the reach of normal players and is pretty fucking expensive guy.

Probably, I think with the old skill tree you didn't need the corrupted stone, which eliminates 1/2 the cost of max block, and if you didn't absolutely need max spell block its probably even 1/2 of that. Not to mention these items you can find yourself.

"
And why did they want to do that instead of lowering block cap?

Because I guess they still wanted block tank builds to be a thing, I am sure some people will play max block builds, they just now aren't getting acro.

"
Checkmate

Not even close.....

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 2, 2015, 12:36:03 PM
Am I fine with not-melee getting nerfed to make melee as good as ranged? Uh, yes, I am in favor of a balanced game.

No, I don't really care, but that doesn't make bad choices = good ones.

Since ic exists spell block is the only appeal block had at all. Well I guess you could use charges for spell mitigation too.

Block tank builds without spell block are wasted points because again, ic exists.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 2, 2015, 12:48:42 PM
"
Am I fine with not-melee getting nerfed to make melee as good as ranged? Uh, yes, I am in favor of a balanced game.

Balance game, lets just change it so everyone does 1 damage and everything dies in 1 hit, completely balanced right. There will never EVER be true balance in an ARPG game, poe is limited in what it can do to make melee more attractive then it currently is.

"
No, I don't really care, but that doesn't make bad choices = good ones.

LOL
"
Since ic exists spell block is the only appeal block had at all. Well I guess you could use charges for spell mitigation too.

I mean not everyone likes casting enduring cry\ic every single pack.
"
Block tank builds without spell block are wasted points because again, ic exists.

I never implied these tank builds were without spell block.

FeelsBadMan

^Implying people actually cast ic at all.

You also implied regular block is anything people need.

And you can balance the game without being ridiculous about it. Not making poor nerf choices when other obvious options were superior would be a good start.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 2, 2015, 1:09:58 PM
"

And you can balance the game without being ridiculous about it. Not making poor nerf choices when other obvious options were superior would be a good start.

Because everyone things just like you and the game should cater to your vision not theirs right?

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Because everyone things just like you and the game should cater to your vision not theirs right?

They should do what's best for the game. Nerfing builds that are already not performing as well as some of the other builds is not one of those things.
-----
Bug Fixes:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

They should do what's best for the game. Nerfing builds that are already not performing as well as some of the other builds is not one of those things.

I'd want to see a Notable behind RT or somewhere only melee (which do not have access to Acro/Phase acro) go basically, which says:

Whenever you take a hit exceding 33% of your health, you gain 33% less damage.

This would mean an "automatic" enfeeble for hard hitters.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info