[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

"
CrYFu12 wrote:

Hi, you gonna update the tree & all for 2.1? Also, I think this build is good for starting the league. You agree?

I Will be updating this build though I have not decided on how many variations I will update before the league starts. This build is very strong for the start of the league and actually this is my go-to build for the start of the past 3 leagues.

edit: this is my current plan for BM reverse SWT capitalizing on higher damage.
[copy and paste into the offline builder: Using the URL in the browser will give you a false tree]
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA2E2UoNpiaHQYVvnogsdBhyj6nL63PpituJMNH4PM_goc3DwoPC3yRdi96-6PGsaug1864TWSfIOnCBDMxPamV_6PtfKnlI9GK7Yn7U3jbqpeXR0Um6GMRgYOGS5khNH9-tISaffXGGr4k9R82WEGoGaeFm8XHKyYUq94Lwn2Vw2tjfm9WOXjanF5OljxbK1KfOXSIc9-wxNVxjbYIbBn_FgH8kGezVorSRuCB6cwo_IqjQHnn8vsVRRNNuj8S_-wvJ8E5BiROlJ10A48LKffv3hp20_2ruDDJbya4EWdU1I=

I hate scion but it saves enough points to warrant it. Also we loose out on the extra AoE radius but that shouldn't really make a huge difference.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Dec 9, 2015, 9:53:29 PM
Very nice build! Waiting version for 2.1 :)
so just was able to start my bonder today and the build is much stronger then it ever has been. Talismans only buffed this build. Here is a quick run down of what I have experienced so far.

First off - you can start LW totems + SB much much earlier. Pretty much as soon as you hit AB you are good to go, late 20's or so.

Secondly - the additional 10% damage we gained along with rapid decay just makes this gem so freaking powerful.

lastly - the new mechanics are epic for this build for a couple of reasons. First, the big one, dropping soul mantle. This lets us run a true defensive chest while maintaining our 3 totems. Secondly the way the new searing bond mechanic works fits our build perfectly. You can no longer accidentally cast over your SB totems and have 3 warping totems flashing around dealing no damage. You can have up to 3 SB totems or up to 2 LW totems with SB making up the difference in count.

I only hit 36 but the build is already far beyond that of the original version. I have AB, EE, Dual Curse, and am currently working my way to Totemic Zeal. After that its off to blood magic and the extra knockback nodes.

As far as versions go I will say this. Marauder at the end of the day (a very long day if you try and do this build as a marauder) will be slightly better then templar or scion. Templar and Scion are pretty much on par with each other but I will say that Templar overall is better because the start is easier and you can get into the meat of the build much quicker. Ill post updated builds in a couple of days.

to be done:
-I still need to get me a +3 fire staff, or at least a +3 scepter until I can get a +3 staff.
-I need to obtain a set of Empire's Grasp.

Current planned tree (REVERSE SHOCKWAVE TOTEM VARIATION): [offline builder only]
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-vbKIAC2EEs8auwGY8LRDMxPaDX4PMK7Yn7bc-jEYGDhkuQYf-CviT1HzZYfnonL7YvQn2Vw2tjYLHDR81ktIhz34o-jwotfLyQZ7NmK24k26qggenMBzcZIQB55_L6-6PGgagFE026JrgfIOnCPm9_Ev_sEWdp5SPRryfBORTUl5dHRSboRiROlJ10NH9-tISaffXGGoOPGaeFm8XHKyYUq94L9-_WOXjanF5OljxbK1KfOXbT8MTVcY22CGwZ_xYB-DDWitJGyW8o_IqjexVPAXvfA==

edit: Forgot to mention that with rapid decay in the mix we are pretty starved for dex so grabbing the +30 dex nodes is highly recommended.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Dec 14, 2015, 3:12:28 AM
2 questions.
1) So using shockwave totem is better now in 2.1?
2) How viable is this for a beginner build?
Both variations are viable. Lightning warp totems can be ran much much earlier and have less investment needed. Reverse knockback shockwave totems require a 4L empire's grasp but I feel overall provide better defences (by hindering mobs from moving) while having the same if not fast kill speed. SWT variant I probably will say you would want to be able to run 3 curses so you can add temp chains to the list of curses and even control some of those super quick mobs easier.

Overall I would say now the build is very beginner friendly since we no longer need soul mantle. If you want to run a pure LW set up I would keep to a build similar to the original and not a BM based one like with the set variant.
Gem setup of 4l Empire Grasp?
Last edited by hangyalistvan on Dec 14, 2015, 4:24:40 PM
Shock Wave Totem
Faster Cast
Inc. AoE
Added Lightning Damage (to proc EE)
I've had my eye on this build for a while and the new changes to SB made me take yet another look!

In 2.1 would you not want to keep running Soul Mantle and have 3 LW totems for extra damage instead of running a defensive chest or was running Soul Mantle rather squishy in the first place?
LW totems are not a source of damage but rather just a means to set EE. Having a 3LW would let you clear trash faster but not help much verse bosses. With that said I will be dropping soul mantle for a defensive chest.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Dec 15, 2015, 12:29:10 PM
Just something to add for people playing the SWT variation in new league and trying to save up for crafting / buying a +3 staff. The searing touch is cheap and out of favor for most other builds these days. It rolls with +2 fire gems and 120 - 160% increased beam damage for our SBs. it will certainly be passed up by a true +3 either 1h or ideally 4l staff and a leveled empower. But if you want to bump clear speed significantly before you have a few ex's saved up to go that route you can do so for less than the cost of the gloves using a touch.
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info