(hardcore) ktbanh's Fiery Blood Witch + Video (pvp,tanky,mobile,quill,range,explosive,dots,survival)

I have a follow up question to the last post.

Why is Resolute Technique required? By taking out critical strikes, we have to lose Burn Damage, and that's a big chunk of our dps.

What's the reasoning for RT?
Last edited by Lightdemon on Feb 18, 2013, 5:19:10 PM
"
jacksj5 wrote:
"
ktbanh wrote:
o Resolution (required) *

I'm new so forgive me if I sound facetious or it's a stupid question.

Does Resolution = Resolute Technique ? Does accuracy/chance to hit apply to Poison Arrow AoE and Explosion Arrow ?

Thanks for the build. Geat fun :)

No, technically you can poison arrow the ground, its just a spell damage over time for anything that passes through.

Same with explosive arrow, though it gives a miss chance without the skill, (or alot).

Your arrows could derail else-where and explosion take place where they strike solid and not the main target/ target area.
"
Lightdemon wrote:
I have a follow up question to the last post.

Why is Resolute Technique required? By taking out critical strikes, we have to lose Burn Damage, and that's a big chunk of our dps.

What's the reasoning for RT?

My reason for RT is that the entire DPS line is from stacked explosions, although critical multiplier could be nice, it would be a waste altogether if the target is missed.

Especially versus single targets. This would mean you'll need to factor in accuracy into the build.

If by chance you go with Ice Wall for example, cast it behind a mob + decoy totem, use explosive to stack for that quick explosion it could be fine but more tasking.

I haven't tested non-resolution hit-miss chance on later levels yet and haven't had a problem downing mobs at a quick pace. (unless elemental immune + fire immune, which is where traps and culling strike comes into play).

So far i've been able to solo/duo maps lvl 66-70 fine with no problems clearing/killing without crit.

So to sum it up:

More cost on gear, (though I haven't tested accuracy fully, let me know if you do try)

Crit multiplier on reflect mobs, especially accidental. (I'm sitting at 5.6k hp with 80 resist all, sometimes accidental reflect into mobs with 3-4 stacks can bring my health below 2-3k. (kind of scared to find out with crit or how the mechanic works behind)

Early game to mid game, you will miss a lot.

For me, I rather see the flat line concrete dps than take a chance at the low critical multiplier at a miss rate. Not to mention if in-case you do go for crit-nodes, it would mean yielding down your survival or giving up whatever else that could have been.

- kt
loving it althought im still level 37 =)) and having problems with DEX but oh well ..cant wait to use my quill rain ..

whats your attacks per second with explosive arrow?
IGN: NukerDeath
Last edited by Nukerdeath on Feb 18, 2013, 7:01:32 PM
hi great guide and justifications, I personally wanna make a new witch and try this out, what substitute weapon can I go if I dont have silverbranch? I currently have quill rain
IGN: flaxburn
My friend has almost exact same witch as this. Kind of boring build imo. But it works
http://www.twitter.com/SiSileLOL
Ex Professional DotA player playing League Of Legends!
not as boring as my Freezing Pulse witch XD..
would you explain why this is a boring build? if so then im not gonna do another witch, but kinda looks badass and unique with witch in a bow, and clearing docks in 3-5mins sounds legit
IGN: flaxburn
I tried equipping +10% Fire dmg Ring, the tooltip of explosive arrow didnt change anything? also tried concentrated effect, i dont see any damage boost o.O

im lvl 45 now,, i feel really weak grinding fellshire ruins,, taking me years to kill a monster xD
"
Nukerdeath wrote:
I tried equipping +10% Fire dmg Ring, the tooltip of explosive arrow didnt change anything? also tried concentrated effect, i dont see any damage boost o.O

im lvl 45 now,, i feel really weak grinding fellshire ruins,, taking me years to kill a monster xD

This has to do with the way Explosive Arrow calculates it's damage. You don't see a change because your main source of damage with explosive arrow when using quill rain comes from the explosion itself, which is not calculated into the DPS number shown.

Take a look here at the wiki, http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Explosive_Arrow

and the the skill thread, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13706/page/22

for a better idea the skill works.

Also, if you're having trouble with fellshire, then something is amiss. What support gems do you have stacked on explosive arrow? I use lmp, concentrated effect, and faster attacks and I have always blazed through fellshire with no problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info