(hardcore) ktbanh's Fiery Blood Witch + Video (pvp,tanky,mobile,quill,range,explosive,dots,survival)

Could I go the exact same build but starting as a Marauder instead?

Something like this: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48FHEZLho4J-0yiTpSQapQUFRJV-JYY1nzXz9yqXzZjM-QVaIAp4SsqrndwBrG2NSP37_nUuw47w7wH_Iv9kj3Mvjr

Cheers
"
dennismafo wrote:
ok been working on a viable witch bow build for a couple weeks i tried going into shadow tree to ranger tree but it was lack luster.

This looks great but i am curious why go blood magic VS sticking with mana?

Would love to know why it is in there and if mana would work just as good. I was kicking around clarity + soul siphon with regens should be ok...

Also does the elemental damage passives increase the damage this build is going to do VIA. poison arrow and traps or explosive arrow fire arrow?

It seems that you could stick in mage tree pick up fire damage nodes, mana nodes and energy shield nodes for the points on that long trip to blood magic.
I'm just a bit lost here seems you could get a higher energy shield and mana pool and still be ok.

The reason for health regeneration is late game, it adds greatly to your survival, you will out regen dots, dungeon maps with chaos over time modifiers, you will be able to take more hits and near instantly regenerate your health along with seething potions to back up that instant dire situation.

Once you farm or have enough armor, your reduction will be rather high late game coupled with 4.5~-5khp.

With those rates your regen base would be near 250-300/sec 6-7% base life regenerated.

This is topped off with 80% max resist.

Opposed to the shield and Mana play, The only benefit is if you are stacking auras or unless you go pure energy shield for chaos immunity.

I also forgot to mention, instead of going for simple life / resist gear, you'll be forced to find ones with more mods such as mana / mana regen. etc. to deliver the high cost.

My old char at 75 with 4-5 linked cost around 79-120 mana per shot coupled with high shot rate. e.g. 3/sec + multi-projectile.

"
simonhaze wrote:
Could I go the exact same build but starting as a Marauder instead?

Something like this: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48FHEZLho4J-0yiTpSQapQUFRJV-JYY1nzXz9yqXzZjM-QVaIAp4SsqrndwBrG2NSP37_nUuw47w7wH_Iv9kj3Mvjr

Cheers

This will work as well, however, starting as a marauder your int will be low in the beginning thus cutting you off from certain flexibility depending on if you are going in the dual spell totem direction or not, you will gain quicker and more survival opposed to the witch route but end, game there shouldn't be too much of a difference.

This build is a bit quirky depending on how you choose to level.

Once you are around 50-60~ this is when you should be able to solo farm merciless ledge/fel or if you choose to party which is an easier route.

The main resource goal is obtaining enough health, 2.5k+ and at least a bare minimum of 4% life regen to make up for the cost.

The cost will not matter much once you are 70+ as you will have over 3k hp and plenty of regen.

5 socklets however will be costly in mana until you reach a certain route ~72

I will post more tomorrow and update the guide to 60 as I just got my new char to 61.
Last edited by ktbanh on Feb 11, 2013, 6:37:17 AM
Hello, I have a few questions regarding your build if that's okay?

I currently use Silverbranch and poison arrow, bear trap, flame trap and molten shell and it's really fast to level! I wonder however from when it be even faster to level with Quillrain?

Also the gems:
- fire vulnerability - do you mean flammability here, the curse to lower fire res?
- concentrated effect - on which gem?
- flame totem - no question here, some lvls until I get it.
- lesser/greater multiple projectiles - which one, and on which gem?
- explosive arrow - is this my main dps skill when I get quillrain?
- grace - why grace of all the auras?

Also,
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48FE0UcRkuGjgn7TKJOlI8BUGqRtdQUFRJV-JYY1nzXz9yqXrmfNl9U4KbgziLjIzPkFWdgJ_fogCnhKyqud3AGsbY1HzUj90F37_hc-dS52rsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_2SPcy-Os=

That will be my skill tree with 52 points, starting from marauder. Do you think I should rush blood magic or take the "Amply" "Celestial Walker" nodes before?

Thanks for your input!
"
simonhaze wrote:
Hello, I have a few questions regarding your build if that's okay?

I currently use Silverbranch and poison arrow, bear trap, flame trap and molten shell and it's really fast to level! I wonder however from when it be even faster to level with Quillrain?

Also the gems:
- fire vulnerability - do you mean flammability here, the curse to lower fire res?
- concentrated effect - on which gem?
- flame totem - no question here, some lvls until I get it.
- lesser/greater multiple projectiles - which one, and on which gem?
- explosive arrow - is this my main dps skill when I get quillrain?
- grace - why grace of all the auras?

Also,
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48FE0UcRkuGjgn7TKJOlI8BUGqRtdQUFRJV-JYY1nzXz9yqXrmfNl9U4KbgziLjIzPkFWdgJ_fogCnhKyqud3AGsbY1HzUj90F37_hc-dS52rsOO0g7w7vfPAf8i_2SPcy-Os=

That will be my skill tree with 52 points, starting from marauder. Do you think I should rush blood magic or take the "Amply" "Celestial Walker" nodes before?

Thanks for your input!

Hello,

You will be using quillrain as a main source for explosive arrows.

The only reason you are holding off is until you have a certain amount of hp, I would recommend at least 2.2k and after reaching blood magic and onto the 3rd % regen node.

You'll need at least 3%~ life regen to substain for early on multiple projectile (lesser) + explosive arrow.

Keep in mind to have explosive arrow on you at all times to level, you'll be using it at the earliest level 11 or latest level 14-15. (gem level)

Fire vulnerability, yes or elemental weakness.
Concentrated effect later on attached to explosive arrow, you wont be able to substain it early game until at least 3.5k hp too well.

Grace is a pure flat aura, meaning it doesn't take % hp to cast.

At later levels and in the final stages of the build once you obtain your near end gear items. You will convert to iron reflex where the 1.1~+ grace will be converted into free armor.

You can try other auras to experiment with however its just something i recommend. Its also helpful early 50-70 levels as an added booster to defense or dodge if you lack gear.

If you'd like you can feel free to repost all this on the thread so it can help others in the future!

-----
As for the Celestial node
-----

I would recommend not taking it early on until you obtain your core base % regen. The build focuses on survival early for the health and % regen.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Updated with experiential path
Hey man, solid guide. Keep it going with the updates - would love to see what gear you typically use / are aiming for. Would also very much like to see a cleaner break down of how you link your skills and supports and your general gameplay style. Thanks again!
Reporting back from using this build for approx 7 hours - currently at lvl 35 in Normal Docks.

I'm really happy with the build so far and I've been running luxury mode with a 11% quality poison arrow and Silverbranch for the +2 gem lvls. I'm using Flammable and Firetrap for champ packs and sometimes bear trap to single target out a tougher boss/rare.

I started out from Marauder instead and I've had no problem with my intelligence/dex due to some nice item-finds early on. This is how my tree currently looks:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsxQgFE0UcRkuGjgn7TKJQapQUFRJV-JYY1nzXz9yqXzZgziMz5BVnYCiAKcwp4SsqrndwBrG2NSP51LsOO8O73zwH_Iv9kj3Mvjr

Advice for everyone is to use the fork support-gem with poison arrow early on, only problem with that is all the mobs dying 1-2 screens away if you single-target the poison arrow at something as the forked projectiles go running away.

I'm now looking to get around 1k more HP (currently at 1300) so I can make the switch to Quill rain and explosive arrow+LMP

Added the end-game tree starting from Marauder:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDjwOrRQgFE0UcRjbGS4ZhRo4IWAkqifVJ-0otSmlMgkyiTWGNuk6UjqzPAVAoEGqQ5xG10p9UEdQUFRJVgRX4lhjWfNbr10AXz9gS2CIYVJmnmegcql07XTxeuZ673zZfVOCm4M4hmCHdouMjM-QVZ2AnaqeuZ_fogCnMKeErKq5zbndwBrEWMbY1HzUj90F3Q3fv-Fz42rnUudq7DjtIO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI9zL46_rS_MU=
Last edited by simonhaze on Feb 13, 2013, 7:38:09 AM
I have a noob question.

Does increasing fire damage thru passives increase the fire damage on EA? If not, how do I go about getting more damage for EA?
Last edited by Lightdemon on Feb 14, 2013, 1:28:11 PM
"
Does increasing fire damage thru passives increase the fire damage on EA? If not, how do I go about getting more damage for EA?

I would assume yes added to fire damage

i am having fun with this build so far would like the DPS to be a bit higher. if poison arrow is main attack, how or what will increase its damage? besides support gems what if any passives do this?

also is there anyway to get some kind of viable CC out of this build.
I have a spell totem with LMP and artic breath that slows things down a bit but it dies fast when swarmed. any ideas here?

I also am using detonate dead for fun if you increased your fire damage by passives i would guess this could be a fun route to go. would love to hear if anyone has any ideas on this.

would it be better to invest in the fire damage nodes rather than elemental damage ones?

Hey guys,

This build has enough CC later on depending on what you want to utilize, I'll update sometimes today and with the compiled from this thread and other recommendations on e.g. maru pathing above.

I'm currently level 71 and breezing docks solo, and maps with groups.

My damage output is fairy high, and my survival regen is extremely high.

I can tank most mobs in docks even fire dogs, but that is not the purpose of this build. Just posting the survival aspect.

I just haven't had a chance to update.

I'll be re-doing the guide a bit for more structure and provide screenshot of stats and such as well.

Let me know if you guys have any more experimental or if there's a more optimal way you thought of that's better than what I have compiled from my own play and routing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info