(hardcore) ktbanh's Fiery Blood Witch + Video (pvp,tanky,mobile,quill,range,explosive,dots,survival)

updated and reformatted the guide, will add more later when I have time.

Happy Valentines!
Hi great guide. What kind of equipment armor should we basically aim for?
new player - Looking for advice and info on witches. Any help really appreciated. :)
Yeah true true...

Just reroll today just to test this build mate!
While I'm sure it works fine, you end up wasting a few points starting this build as a witch vs just doing a marauder. I think the IR/US/BM explo arrow version is best fit for a marauder and potentially a ranger or a duellist and if you want to explo arrow witch you're probably better off running EB and banking on auras instead(purity and determination for example). I assume you're coming back now or soon to the witch starting area for fire dmg nodes, but you'll still have at least 3 "wasted" points. Not a game breaker and at least you don't have to look like a gigantic idiot(marauders shooting bows, ugh) but still.
"
PyrosEien wrote:
While I'm sure it works fine, you end up wasting a few points starting this build as a witch vs just doing a marauder. I think the IR/US/BM explo arrow version is best fit for a marauder and potentially a ranger or a duellist and if you want to explo arrow witch you're probably better off running EB and banking on auras instead(purity and determination for example). I assume you're coming back now or soon to the witch starting area for fire dmg nodes, but you'll still have at least 3 "wasted" points. Not a game breaker and at least you don't have to look like a gigantic idiot(marauders shooting bows, ugh) but still.

Yep, I don't disagree with you there.

Depending on how you utilize the first few points could lead to a waste or it being useful as a witch.

e.g.

If later, you want to swap off builds and still unsure for specified damage. You can for example, go shield, etheral knives or dual wield etheral. Supplement the cast speed with wands and a few items along with more spell damage.

The core ideology would still be beneficial as you'll be heavy into survival, massive regeneration of spell resources etc. Use the other points to spec damage to bend towards spell power, or more defensive shielding, or for others.

I try to make this flexible as possible and mainly for the idea behind the build as there can be many different variations and play styles. Even builds that are very closely alike.

I'll have to add a F.A.Q.S section when I have time so others are also noted.

i hated the idea behind a big marauder shooting bows haha.

that's a minor trade off for just personal taste as well.

As for EB, I think it is less efficient on hardcore opposed to health regeneration, your survival meter will drop significantly going that route.

You'll surely gain 2 or 3 extra type defense auras, but you lose out on the actual passive defensive flexibility. e.g. purity, devotion.

The more you try for auras, the more you'll have to waste on energy gear, mana regeneration, mana gear for example while you can be focusing on other things that are more direct.

You'll end up requiring more stats on gear.

I'll post up a video as well sometimes to show-case my play style, what the build is capable of etc when I have more time to do so.

edit:

for some reason [] glued out a few sentences.
Last edited by ktbanh on Feb 15, 2013, 1:11:22 PM
could you put up which options you took for the bandit quest?
"
Korseir wrote:

Hi Korseir, I updated the info in the first post, at the bottom under Misc.

Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: also added a few sections for later updates.

Gem, linking, etc.
Last edited by ktbanh on Feb 15, 2013, 6:15:20 PM
how do u think the dps of this build is? currently at 83 explosive arrow seems to do littie damage with 20 stacks of it even tho good survivable is it suppose to be like that maybe im missing something. This is in a group of 3 people my damage seems to be alot weaker than everyone else
"
crazyray004 wrote:
how do u think the dps of this build is? currently at 83 explosive arrow seems to do littie damage with 20 stacks of it even tho good survivable is it suppose to be like that maybe im missing something. This is in a group of 3 people my damage seems to be alot weaker than everyone else

No, if you're level 83 and you've started from one with this build, you should be dishing out even much more damage.

Your explosive arrow should be at least near level 18-19 which is about 600-700ish per single to 0 resist without any % damage boosters, just purely from skill.

So if you shot a group of 3 mobs, that's triple the damage to all 3 from a single shot. e.g. mult with the # of mobs you hit/stack.

For single target, you might want to rely on bear traps, walls, or frost-wall to stack triples.

Right now I have no booster passive or % fire damage yet and i'm doing plenty enough.
(waiting for 2 more levels to contribute to 20% shock)

Just skill gems and con alone.

I can solo docks within 3-5 minutes. (fire resisted mobs)

I can solo easy dungeons fairy quick. e.x. sewers etc.

I've been doing 67 maps and fine with a group of six.

What level are your skills and do you have them similar linked like I have setup?

Are you fighting pure fire + elemental resistant mobs e.g. golems without any flammability/elemental weakness?
Last edited by ktbanh on Feb 16, 2013, 1:51:24 AM
"
ktbanh wrote:
"
Korseir wrote:

Hi Korseir, I updated the info in the first post, at the bottom under Misc.

Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: also added a few sections for later updates.

Gem, linking, etc.

thanks a lot! great guide btw :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info