(hardcore) ktbanh's Fiery Blood Witch + Video (pvp,tanky,mobile,quill,range,explosive,dots,survival)

Hey,
for single target what exactly can we do for a sustained dps?
A friend told me that only 5 charges work with explosive arrow then you have to wait for detination before applying more
so would we just like:
poison arrow
explosive arrow x5
poison arrow + trap x1
explosive x5
poison arrow + trap x1
explosive x5
?
(+ flame totem)
"
moemoe760 wrote:
Hey,
for single target what exactly can we do for a sustained dps?
A friend told me that only 5 charges work with explosive arrow then you have to wait for detination before applying more
so would we just like:
poison arrow
explosive arrow x5
poison arrow + trap x1
explosive x5
poison arrow + trap x1
explosive x5
?
(+ flame totem)

For single target DPS, your most damage skill is bear traps and applying the two dots.

I'm assuming you are 50+ due to the usage of explosive arrow.

In a general case (when soloing e.x. docks and such or certain maps) when faced with mob of groups, a simple pull-back quick-poison->explosive stacks should kill them instantly.

In a case versus elites/single high hp blue/resist mobs, what I do Is throw down a decoy totem, stack 3x bear trap, quick shot poison, 3x fire trap (fire penetration + culling-strike) for the initial damage + flammability. Usually the max/most it takes to kill a very resisted elite @ around merciless dock level is about 3-5 seconds.

This is of course supported with your EA whenever bear traps are down.

This is given if you have had your gem with you since start of the game or when available at level.

I'm working on compiling a guide soon and also a video once I get one more skill (@74) to showcase how damage is delt, how the experimental shock path works and such.
Last edited by ktbanh on Feb 16, 2013, 12:05:53 PM
This build has all of my favorite things about this game. the witch, fire trap, bear trap, explosive arrow, blood magic and molten shell. i love all these things most about this game. im at 42 right now and im set for using my quill soon. ill let you know how it goes. pretty slow and kind of boring for the start. kiting + traps will always be fun though.
What gear is best for this? Armour, evasion, or a mix of the two?
"
odinsravenxx wrote:
What gear is best for this? Armour, evasion, or a mix of the two?

Either works,

The higher the base armor, the more physical resistance you'll be able to reduce.

The evasion on top is helpful.

I would recommend getting ARMOR/EV as it is easier to get two green links and one blue / red later. (4L)

I generally avoid pure ES armor as they are not useful towards this build.

Armor/ES is fine if you don't have anything better for the time being while it has the basic stats you need.

HP - Resistance - (if applicable dex or str for more hp)

10 str = 5 hp.

I'll post it here for now until and will update the guide on gearing when I can.

What you usually want to aim for is on a priority listing.

HP(50+ per piece) > RES(until you max out at 80 for all elements) > ARMOR/EVA(more reduction can't get enough) > DEX/STR (to booster gear/gem level/usage, most applicable to quivers and hp) > Increase Fire Damage % (this is luxury)

All the other stats are nice to have, like more damage, chaos resist, 15-30% speed on boots, etc.
Wanted to say after much back and forth liking this build and not being sure about it
i must say it is preforming great now.

If you feel like in a group your damage sucks well hang in there it gets better

At level 43 I went into blood magic with 1100 HP I am now 46 heading for the second big life node at the bottom.
WoW what a difference can solo very nice I use a LMP - ice spear totem for CC it works good.
My play style is drop totem as far up as I can or just run till i see some mobs and drop. If in a closed in area drop it in rooms before entering. then pull back poison arrow and spam out some explosive arrows maybe a fire trap on packs they melt away. Bear trap works great on named mobs.
Ranged mobs can be a bit of a problem but just totem in their face and move poison+explosive and move they can't get ya speed mod on boots helps a lot for this.

As long as you keep moving and don't try to tank and kill you will do great if you have to kite lay down a blanket of poison and run around in it and drop your totem.

My life fills as fast as i use it (Thanks for the Tip :) if low i just pop a HP pot and viola! full health

As of right now I'm am leaning more toward the experimental build it seems to have a bit more damage upgrades. Although I do not think I will be getting the shock node instead putting points into resists. I am working on the basic core of the build and then i will make my decision then I am working on a few ideas I will post up on how its coming in a few more levels.
Thanks for the great guide thumbs up
Should i be getting equips with Elemental Damage with weapon %?
IGN: NukerDeath
"
Nukerdeath wrote:
Should i be getting equips with Elemental Damage with weapon %?

No. The explosion is a non weapon non spell skill, it's not affected by weapon elemental damage and similar stats. It is affected by pure elemental % though, like you find on caster weapons(but obviously you can't fire EA with a scepter).
Hello there, first of all i would like to say i love your build, looks solid and fun and diferent. I'd also like to ask why pickup static blows and how do you intend to stack shock debuff, and also if this build would lose any efficiency by starting out as a duelist instead of a witch.

"
ktbanh wrote:
o Resolution (required) *

I'm new so forgive me if I sound facetious or it's a stupid question.

Does Resolution = Resolute Technique ? Does accuracy/chance to hit apply to Poison Arrow AoE and Explosion Arrow ?

Thanks for the build. Geat fun :)
Last edited by jacksj5 on Feb 18, 2013, 1:20:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info