Can we please get a response from GGG about FROZEN SKY?

"
Mivo wrote:
Thank you, Chris. Faith restored. :)

I guess it's easy for us players to be impatient when we really enjoy the game, and then something like Frozen Sky seems to become a road block that throttles the Flow of Fun. Then a day or two seems like an eternity, while to you guys that is very little time to develop, test, and deploy a possible fix. So a note like this is great, even if it may take a few extra days for the patch to hit. Just good to know that you're looking into it. Thanks again, it's appreciated!

dont play hc if such a little problem is a road block for you.

should ggg give you your items in your stash, so that you dont need do nothing.

I cant understand people like you. Noone tell you play hc.

Play sc and your block road is gone.

btw havoc nygien moers seems to have no problems with it.

so why are you crying?

Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Dec 17, 2014, 8:28:12 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133168#p9516051

"
Chris wrote:
"
Yes, but...Frozen Sky?

Patch 1.3.0d, scheduled for tomorrow.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
the_truth wrote:

I haven't seen any responses from GGG about order of the frozen sky. Its obviously an issue that needs to be addressed in the bloodline league. We are loosing the player base by the minute. This is frustrating for a person who loves this game and wants to see it thrive in all leagues.

Please just a quick sentence from a dev on whether or not you are working on changing this broken mechanic. It will be greatly appreciated.

I would like to see as answer: it works as intend and it works great.

but Every leage the same thing.

If the game is loosing players by the minute, they shouldent play hc.
they can still play sc and have much more fun.

But the big guys dont play sc and cry till the hc leage is weeker then sc. As i said.
there are many players on the bl ladder they seems to have no problem with that.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Dec 17, 2014, 8:33:55 AM
"
But the big guys dont play sc and cry till the hc leage is weeker then sc. As i said.
there are many players on the bl ladder they seems to have no problem with that.

Phox, Mathil, and others have commented in streams and Podcasts that Bloodlines is great, but that Frozen Sky is bugged/over the top. Frozen Sky is Russian Roulette. You may run 500 maps without any buried mobs spawning with the mod. Or you may walk into your first map and get hit by 10+ mobs with Frozen Sky and zero way to react or counter it. There are also builds and build types that are far more at risk than others.

GGG doesn't really listen to whining. If they were prone to that, they would not have nerfed as many things as they did in 1.3. GGG frequently does what needs to be done, if they agree that it needs to be done, whether or not it is popular. If Frozen Sky worked as intended, they would not address the issue.

You should try and play Bloodlines so that you have a stake in this discussion.
"

Nugiyen just died to Frozen Sky.
"
Mivo wrote:
"

Phox, Mathil, and others have commented in streams and Podcasts that Bloodlines is great, but that Frozen Sky is bugged/over the top. Frozen Sky is Russian Roulette. You may run 500 maps without any buried mobs spawning with the mod. Or you may walk into your first map and get hit by 10+ mobs with Frozen Sky and zero way to react or counter it. There are also builds and build types that are far more at risk than others.

GGG doesn't really listen to whining. If they were prone to that, they would not have nerfed as many things as they did in 1.3. GGG frequently does what needs to be done, if they agree that it needs to be done, whether or not it is popular. If Frozen Sky worked as intended, they would not address the issue.

You should try and play Bloodlines so that you have a stake in this discussion.

I dont play hc because of the russion roulette of desync and the limited choise of builds you can use.

but leage bevor the same issue come on the table with the bosses there are to hard.

Then ggg nerfed them in the ground and today they are useless.

Chris wrote in a post that the hc leages are made so, that players often die. also the best
players.
and along this line, the skill worked as intend.

And thats the reason i dont play hc. I dont like to die. so a leage who is made that i die
i dont like. But players have the choise.
"
Mivo wrote:
"

As i have seen he died not from frozen sky

he died from vaal smash.

so dont use the dead from a good streamer to blame frozen sky
The word in-game was that he died to Frozen Sky, but if you saw the stream, then that info may have been wrong.

Anyway, playing HC doesn't mean that you are eager to get killed. I played softcore for a long time before moving on to HC just recently. I like the challenge of it, but I look for a challenge that is "skill-based". If a character dies, I want to be able to say, "Okay, this is what I did wrong and I will learn from my mistake.", then do better the next time.

Frozen Sky doesn't really involve any learning, because you can do nothing if 10+ buried mobs surface and you are just dead. The element of "divine bad luck" is already present in form of potential disconnects or client crashes (I had my first one just a couple days ago). But gameplay elements should be "fair" in the sense that with knowledge and proper preparation you can handle them. There should always be a chance.

Frozen Sky is a lot like stair traps were in D2 until they got fixed. You never knew if you'd instantly die after the screen was loaded. I haven't died to Frozen Sky (only 70 in Bloodlines), but I have not gone into maps yet either. In my opinion, Frozen Sky is just bugged. I don't want it to be made toothless, just slightly changed so that the upfront damage isn't solely depending on the number of mobs (that may well be out of your sight) that spawn with the mod. 3-4 is very dangerous, but can be countered. 6+ is, from what I have seen, impossible, if you play solo. (Actually, many streamers seem to party, so I can see how that would help because it's unlikely that Frozen Sky will hit only one player.)

"
Mivo wrote:
"

He died to a Vaal Smash in a Maze map.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Mivo wrote:
The word in-game was that he died to Frozen Sky, but if you saw the stream, then that info may have been wrong.

Anyway, playing HC doesn't mean that you are eager to get killed. I played softcore for a long time before moving on to HC just recently. I like the challenge of it, but I look for a challenge that is "skill-based". If a character dies, I want to be able to say, "Okay, this is what I did wrong and I will learn from my mistake.", then do better the next time.

Frozen Sky doesn't really involve any learning, because you can do nothing if 10+ buried mobs surface and you are just dead. The element of "divine bad luck" is already present in form of potential disconnects or client crashes (I had my first one just a couple days ago). But gameplay elements should be "fair" in the sense that with knowledge and proper preparation you can handle them. There should always be a chance.

Frozen Sky is a lot like stair traps were in D2 until they got fixed. You never knew if you'd instantly die after the screen was loaded. I haven't died to Frozen Sky (only 70 in Bloodlines), but I have not gone into maps yet either. In my opinion, Frozen Sky is just bugged. I don't want it to be made toothless, just slightly changed so that the upfront damage isn't solely depending on the number of mobs (that may well be out of your sight) that spawn with the mod. 3-4 is very dangerous, but can be countered. 6+ is, from what I have seen, impossible, if you play solo. (Actually, many streamers seem to party, so I can see how that would help because it's unlikely that Frozen Sky will hit only one player.)

ok. i can get this. But as long as desync is in game, its for me the same. And if frozen sky
is bugged, then it should fixed.

BUT if it will get nerfed only because its a little bit like russian roulette and also the
best players can die through it, then i dont like if they nerf it.
And they nerfed many many things in last patch. so why they didnt do anything to frozen sky.

so i think they will nerf it only because the players are whining. and that is what i dont like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info