Can we please get a response from GGG about FROZEN SKY?

Now can we please get a response from GGG about having Guild Stash Tabs inaccessible to anyone in the guild?

Considering this is a feature that people actually PAID for, it should probably be a priority to resolve.
Last edited by Blasted on Dec 17, 2014, 10:13:05 AM
Personal exemple :
Lvl 62, 3500 hp, 380 life regen, the Docks (preparing a RF build).
A pack of Frozen Sky brought me under 200hp in a fraction of second (it was my first encounter and since then I've been more careful).
At that moment, no mobs did me that much ranged damage, not even tentacle miscration under vulnerability in lunaris 3 (and it's a 66 zone)

There can be rippy mods but it doesn't mean that some of them should not be rebalanced.
Lots of people are whining when they die and when you ask them their build, you see that they built their character like in standard... so no wonder they die in these cases and they deserve it.
But if frozen of the order sky is already this powerful in the docks, I can't even imagine it on a Palace or Courtyard
Last edited by neoatomium on Dec 17, 2014, 11:43:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJHf9MfDi4&t=10s

how does this even get through playtesting? and it happens in every league at the start. soon players will just skip the first week to wait for patches fixing this nonsense before actually playing.

so many people have already ragequitted.. hope they come back after the patch.
vaal or no balls
Most frozen sky packs are easy. But rarely you will get one that just does insane damage. I nearly ripped to a single frozen sky monster in merc library.
"
"
Mivo wrote:
The word in-game was that he died to Frozen Sky, but if you saw the stream, then that info may have been wrong.

Anyway, playing HC doesn't mean that you are eager to get killed. I played softcore for a long time before moving on to HC just recently. I like the challenge of it, but I look for a challenge that is "skill-based". If a character dies, I want to be able to say, "Okay, this is what I did wrong and I will learn from my mistake.", then do better the next time.

Frozen Sky doesn't really involve any learning, because you can do nothing if 10+ buried mobs surface and you are just dead. The element of "divine bad luck" is already present in form of potential disconnects or client crashes (I had my first one just a couple days ago). But gameplay elements should be "fair" in the sense that with knowledge and proper preparation you can handle them. There should always be a chance.

Frozen Sky is a lot like stair traps were in D2 until they got fixed. You never knew if you'd instantly die after the screen was loaded. I haven't died to Frozen Sky (only 70 in Bloodlines), but I have not gone into maps yet either. In my opinion, Frozen Sky is just bugged. I don't want it to be made toothless, just slightly changed so that the upfront damage isn't solely depending on the number of mobs (that may well be out of your sight) that spawn with the mod. 3-4 is very dangerous, but can be countered. 6+ is, from what I have seen, impossible, if you play solo. (Actually, many streamers seem to party, so I can see how that would help because it's unlikely that Frozen Sky will hit only one player.)

ok. i can get this. But as long as desync is in game, its for me the same. And if frozen sky
is bugged, then it should fixed.

BUT if it will get nerfed only because its a little bit like russian roulette and also the
best players can die through it, then i dont like if they nerf it.
And they nerfed many many things in last patch. so why they didnt do anything to frozen sky.

so i think they will nerf it only because the players are whining. and that is what i dont like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SB6NN6lTU&amp;feature=youtu.behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SB6NN6lTU&amp;feature=youtu.be < that's 1 frozen sky mob ( docks merc ) that's whit 72% cold risist + flesh belt +20% armour * not even in maps whit buffs ) now do this x 6 - 12 and u get
http://www.twitch.tv/karvarouskugaming/c/5686438

those peeps on ladder that u say have no problem ( play whit a big groupe / a summoner ) its single players that have the biggest problem
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Last edited by dragnar on Dec 17, 2014, 4:08:54 PM
"
dragnar wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SB6NN6lTU&amp;feature=youtu.behttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SB6NN6lTU&amp;feature=youtu.be < that's 1 frozen sky mob ( docks merc ) that's whit 72% cold risist + flesh belt +20% armour * not even in maps whit buffs ) now do this x 6 - 12 and u get

So one Storm did about 1.5k damage in two seconds. That's 750 damage per second. Times ten that's 7500 damage per second. On your average character you'd last about half a second under all that storm, which is much much more than your reaction time to pop pots and logout should be.

Of course, you shouldn't take any damage whatsoever from those storms since you can just move and avoid ALL damage with 100% consistency.

"
dragnar wrote:

Case in point. He doesn't pop pots in more than half a second, or even try to log out? I can only think it's due to lack of sleep. This type of play should never be acceptable and should always lead to death.

My Beyond character is level 80 breezing through 73+ maps and I've never had any problem with Frozen Sky. But I guess it's easier to call for nerfs than getting good?
Last edited by Alhoon on Dec 17, 2014, 5:14:07 PM
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
dragnar wrote:

So one Storm did about 1.5k damage in two seconds. That's 750 damage per second. Times ten that's 7500 damage per second. On your average character you'd last about half a second under all that storm, which is much much more than your reaction time to pop pots and logout should be.

Of course, you shouldn't take any damage whatsoever from those storms since you can just move and avoid ALL damage with 100% consistency.

"
dragnar wrote:

Case in point. He doesn't pop pots in more than half a second, or even try to log out? I can only think it's due to lack of sleep. This type of play should never be acceptable and should always lead to death.

My Beyond character is level 80 breezing through 73+ maps and I've never had any problem with Frozen Sky. But I guess it's easier to call for nerfs than getting good?

So you decided to come to poe forums to stir shit up just for the sake of it after you got destroyed on reddit? No one will take you seriously here either, any sane person realizes frozen sky is broken beyond belief in certain (fairly rare) cases. Pathetic.

Edit: oh and I call bullshit on "breezing through 73+ maps". Care to show us your map pool and maybe stream you breezing through them?
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Dec 17, 2014, 6:21:35 PM
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
So you decided to come to poe forums to stir shit up just for the sake of it after you got destroyed on reddit? No one will take you seriously here either, any sane person realizes frozen sky is broken beyond belief in certain (fairly rare) cases. Pathetic.
Shot down? I don't see a galore of downvotes, despite my opinion differing from the norm. But really, who takes reddit seriously when the most upvoted post is "Praise the Sun. Fuck the Frozen Sky.", followed by a casual scrub who can't use google asking what the mod does. The place is a godawful circlejerk, if only GGG devs never posted there I wouldn't have to open it ever again.
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:
Shot down? I don't see a galore of downvotes, despite my opinion differing from the norm. But really, who takes reddit seriously when the most upvoted post is "Praise the Sun. Fuck the Frozen Sky.", followed by a casual scrub who can't use google asking what the mod does. The place is a godawful circlejerk, if only GGG devs never posted there I wouldn't have to open it ever again.

I just don't get how you can claim Frozen Sky is even remotely fair (at least that's what your recent forum posts and tone suggest), especially since you're playing one of the very few builds that has the least amount of problems with it, thus you not having any first hand experience with the glaring problems it has. Tbh it seems like you still don't understand why it's so broken for most of the builds. You speak like you exist in a vacuum where everyone plays RF marauders and can keep on moving all the time. 99% of the builds can't do that.

One thing I agree with you is that while Frozen Sky should be nerfed, it should still be challenging.
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Dec 17, 2014, 7:04:22 PM
"
MIIKKAAA wrote:

I just don't get how you can claim Frozen Sky is even remotely fair (at least that's what your recent forum posts and tone suggest), especially since you're playing one of the very few builds that has the least amount of problems with it, thus you not having any first hand experience with the glaring problems it has. Tbh it seems like you still don't understand why it's so broken for most of the builds. You speak like you exist in a vacuum where everyone plays RF marauders and can keep on moving all the time. 99% of the builds can't do that.

One thing I agree with you is that while Frozen Sky should be nerfed, it should still be challenging.

Yeah, perhaps my perception is biased by my build. I can certainly see how it'd be strong against this mod compared to others. It's just that every video I see, people die because they sit in the rain. Back when Pohx died to it, there was a massive cry for nerf, despite the fact that he yolo'd perhaps the most ripping box mod compilation with zero setup and was rightfully punished for it.

I just don't want this league to become another case of Beyond, where GGG nerfs everything so hard nothing matters anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info