News at 11 - drop rates still suck

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Morbo, 2 of those unique are endgame viable.

Gz.

I see 9 unique's that are end-game viable.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Lucky me, all those endgame viable uniques :)

Point is that trash (meaning: unusable / outdated / not interested in) is droping all the time - everywhere, from the thoughest, highest maps. Looting is boring, because besides a few marginal implementations - Atziri drops & gated uniques - there is no 'system' behind it. RNG is RNG, everything goes.

This means I'm spending top dolla' to roll 78s maps, to be able to loot engame viable Perandus buckler, which I can get from normal Dominus for 'free'...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 28, 2014, 3:51:38 PM
Just wanted to make a short update, my first character ripped at lvl 76, rerolled and I'm now at lvl 74. In total 30ish hours on the new toon.

Between these two characters (cca 60-70h play time), the game gave me:
- ONE 5L (lvl 37 staff that I sold for 8 chaos)
- ZERO exalts
- ZERO divines
- not one item worth even close to exalt (and it's not like I'm not checking the prices and trying to sell (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1139793). No good uniques, no good rares
- THREE vaal orbs
- 10-20 fuses

I did get a lot of chaos though trading, I think the highest sale I made was 12c. But trading aside, I can't imagine how this game must seem to someone who doesn't trade as much or doesn't know about Procurement and such. It's quite absurd that the game just doesn't give you the 5L you need, but forces you to buy it, because it's not even giving you enough fuses to try self linking.

At this point even my girlfriend is asking me why I'm playing a game that frustrates me so much.

I think this was my last temp league for sure.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 31, 2014, 7:22:58 AM
"
morbo wrote:

It's not hard to see why most that try the game, dont even complete Normal (statistics from 1.0 relese when PoE went on Steam)

Only 3% reach endgame maps.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
morbo wrote:

It's not hard to see why most that try the game, dont even complete Normal (statistics from 1.0 relese when PoE went on Steam)

Because they try every f2p game on Steam and realized PoE just wasn't for them?

Also obligatory: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/11/70-of-trial-players-quit-wow-before-level-10/
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Dec 31, 2014, 9:04:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info