News at 11 - drop rates still suck

"
morbo wrote:

That's the only time low level uniques should rain, because you certainly wont be excited for them when rolling 78s maps.

You need those levelling uniques for a smoother progress. Let's leave excitement for the high level good stuff.

(all this talk is futile anyway, cause GGG thinks that trading for gear solves everything and gives players excitement)

I'm fine with them dropping less in high level maps, but all that means is a yellow is going to take it's place. What does that accomplish. Other uniques are not going to drop at a higher rate.
Need more alchs and chaos to craft better. Other than that I think the drop rates are fine.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Fuck maps. There's 200 low level uniques, make them rain in normal and cruel. People will anyway transition out of using them, and they will actually serve their point - a good item that you find at low level, use it for few lvs, and then replace them with something newer, better. Instead of rushing to maps and finding shitty uniques that you don't need at that point.

I could not have said it better. Rushing to maps to get your low level uniques is a backward design.

"
morbo wrote:
(all this talk is futile anyway, cause GGG thinks that trading for gear solves everything and gives players excitement)

There is nothing exciting about spamming trade chat to get an item. Also, trading for gear is pretty casual if you think about it.
Last edited by CycloneJack on Dec 17, 2014, 6:28:31 PM
orb drops are fine

unique drops are fun ( want a low lvl unique buy it there cheap 1 alc )

from lvl 1 to lvl 70 < map time ) i roughly get 20-40 chaos total ( depends on luck )

pickup all yellows ( identify them ) sell them < HINT

now most decent items are 1-4 exalts ( that means that wen u get to maps u can buy 1 real good item )

what u want all the best shit as soon as u enter maps >?
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
"
CycloneJack wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
Fuck maps. There's 200 low level uniques, make them rain in normal and cruel. People will anyway transition out of using them, and they will actually serve their point - a good item that you find at low level, use it for few lvs, and then replace them with something newer, better. Instead of rushing to maps and finding shitty uniques that you don't need at that point.

I could not have said it better. Rushing to maps to get your low level uniques is a backward design.

"
morbo wrote:

There is nothing exciting about spamming trade chat to get an item. Also, trading for gear is pretty casual if you think about it.

http://poe.trade/

try that link AN-JOY !

that's path of exile ACTION HOUSE ( no trade chat needed )
Last edited by dragnar on Dec 17, 2014, 7:19:28 PM
As if trade wasn't casual enough you link to a 3rd party trade site. /sigh If you want instant gratification go play Progress Quest or Clicker Heroes. Me? I prefer my rewards come from playing the game and killing enemies.
"
CycloneJack wrote:
As if trade wasn't casual enough you link to a 3rd party trade site. /sigh If you want instant gratification go play Progress Quest or Clicker Heroes. Me? I prefer my rewards come from playing the game and killing enemies.

then why complain play the game and go whit it

if u make the game drop every thing in abundance there is no need for trading @ all
witch make,s the game boring for a shit ton of peeps

its perf feasible to play self found done it multiple time ( and will do it multiple time,s )
dont get what the problem is

o i do every one wants the good items whit a higher drop chance so they don't need to farm to com pleat there build < that my frend IS casual
I am not saying all uniques should drop more frequently, just that the low-level uniques and build-enabling uniques should drop more frequent than they do. Casuals will still trade, because those people will still want instant gratification. Improving the drop rates of low level uniques and build-enabling uniques will have zero impact on players who are mapping, but will allow for more variety when leveling a character.

I also think that 4L gear should drop more frequently from Act 2 Cruel forward, while 5L should still be tough to find in Merciless, and 6L should be like hitting the lottery.

I think Exiles and Bosses should have a slight boost to their drop rates as well, and Act bosses (including Piety) should have a huge boost to drop rates the first time a character defeats them. This should greatly smooth out the leveling process, while not affecting farming. There's little worse than defeating Cruel Dominus for the first time and seeing a sea of white with one or two blues. The fact that I have had numerous characters go from Act 2 Cruel to Act 3 Merciless without a single upgrade tells me drop rates are abysmal.

"
dragnar wrote:
o i do every one wants the good items whit a higher drop chance so they don't need to farm to com pleat there build < that my frend IS casual

Really? You are suggesting that people farm for low level uniques, and that these low level uniques may somehow "complete their build"? Wow, I finally got that Screaming Eagle to complete my build. Said no one ever.
Last edited by CycloneJack on Dec 17, 2014, 8:44:47 PM
personally I think the drops of things like uniques are fine, even yellow items.

orb drops are a joke though, to the point where I ask myself why I bother playing any more. Ive given up playing proper characters in leagues all together now, why actually buy gear for a good character when you leave it in your stash and just play with aurseize on because playing endgame in PoE without extremely high mf is absolutely worthless? I dont mf for items, I mf to vendor items for orbs and sell items for orbs because if I dont acquire at least 10x as many orbs as I would normally find then theres no point playing the game at all. Ive played this game maybe 5 hours a day on average for 2 years, I have multiple characters with over 1000 hours on the clock individually, and I dont think in that time Ive found enough orbs to properly craft 1 item, unless you count yolo alching as proper crafting, I dont. All the orbs are in the game to make shit, but with 4000, 5000, fuck knows how many hours Ive played this game Ive not had enough eternals and exalts drop to craft a single thing.

Imo, thats bullshit, and tbh Im getting fucking sick of trying to trade my way into the orbs being farmed by the 10,000s of bots running 24/7 in this game just to give me a reason to keep playing, Im just sick to my back teeth of it. #saltygrapes, I dont give a shit, I needs worded like that, it doesnt deserve to be said nicely. I like trade in moderation, I enjoy it, brings value to my game, but the amount of forced trading in this game and orb drops based on a bot economy are putting me on the edge of calling it a day tbh.

"
CycloneJack wrote:
Casuals will still trade, because those people will still want instant gratification.

From what I know and have experienced, casuals barely ever trade if they don't get the help from a skilled player that exactly tells them what they need to buy and how much to pay for it at which point of time.

I also think that droprates are fine. The problem of PoE is not the droprates. The problem is that you lose by default if you go for a life build with anything else than a dagger, wand, claw or crit bow and one of the exiles that is by default not connected to one of the mentioned.

Any investment into gear that does not end up in shavs, a high crit weapon + heavy aoe from the right side of the tree will maneuver you into a no win and only lose position as you will be running behind in terms of gear and maps for the lifetime of your charackter. That is the problem of poe, and not if you drop 5 or 10 chaos by reaching level 50.
Last edited by LSN on Dec 18, 2014, 2:07:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info