News at 11 - drop rates still suck

"
dragnar wrote:
orb drops are fine

unique drops are fun ( want a low lvl unique buy it there cheap 1 alc )

from lvl 1 to lvl 70 < map time ) i roughly get 20-40 chaos total ( depends on luck )

pickup all yellows ( identify them ) sell them < HINT

now most decent items are 1-4 exalts ( that means that wen u get to maps u can buy 1 real good item )

what u want all the best shit as soon as u enter maps >?

Running between 25 and 25 rarity through cruel
orb drops = about 2 or 3 low end (transmute etc) an area run
all yellows - what a joke - runs of the dock area get you 1 - 2 yellow if your lucky
had 3 rubbish low level browns so far with 1 character at lev 30 and 2nd at lev 50

got 6 Chaos drops in same period

no exalts

about 15 fusings
about 30 jewels

I understand about farming for gear to move on - been playing a while now - drop rates really suck in new torment

and the new "witch" - runs into mobs, does not infect them, is relatively hard to kill (dps on main attack 1250) and drops rubbish
Shit, OP was lucky with his drops !
Not everyone has that mcuh when ending merc.
Well, first time in 4 years I guess that I deleted my character. Lvl 65 CI Flicker, kept dying in docks due to insane amounts of desnyc, couldn't get to lvl 66 lol. Didn't have any chromes to get RG on my armor, didn't have any fuses to link those RG on my armor.

Going to try Bloodlines and after that spend holidays catching up with some games that I've put aside for some time now. Maybe ask a friend to borrow me PS3 and Red Dead Redemption.

Torment - worst experience I had with PoE so far. By far.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 18, 2014, 1:34:33 PM
"
3Stripes wrote:
"
dragnar wrote:
orb drops are fine

unique drops are fun ( want a low lvl unique buy it there cheap 1 alc )

from lvl 1 to lvl 70 < map time ) i roughly get 20-40 chaos total ( depends on luck )

pickup all yellows ( identify them ) sell them < HINT

now most decent items are 1-4 exalts ( that means that wen u get to maps u can buy 1 real good item )

what u want all the best shit as soon as u enter maps >?

Running between 25 and 25 rarity through cruel
orb drops = about 2 or 3 low end (transmute etc) an area run
all yellows - what a joke - runs of the dock area get you 1 - 2 yellow if your lucky
had 3 rubbish low level browns so far with 1 character at lev 30 and 2nd at lev 50

got 6 Chaos drops in same period

no exalts

about 15 fusings
about 30 jewels

I understand about farming for gear to move on - been playing a while now - drop rates really suck in new torment

and the new "witch" - runs into mobs, does not infect them, is relatively hard to kill (dps on main attack 1250) and drops rubbish

so u got
6 chaos
15 fusings ( 7.5 chaos )
30 jewels * 4 chaos *

17.5 chaos
i recon u also ( if u did not use them ) have 4-6 stacks of alterations ( witch is 5-8 chaos )
15 chance ( witch is 1.5 chaos )
and prob 5-10 alcs ( 3-5 chaos

bringing u to a roughly calculated
6+7.5+4+5+1.5+4
38 chaos orbs < not bad hu that's more as 1 exalt

20-40 chaos is what u urn roughly from lvl 1-70

even wen we HALF it your still roughly @ 20 chaos * used some orbs for crafting / bad RNG )
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Last edited by dragnar on Dec 18, 2014, 1:58:30 PM
You got it reversed:

Drop rates still suck, news at 11.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Well, first time in 4 years I guess that I deleted my character. Lvl 65 CI Flicker, kept dying in docks due to insane amounts of desnyc, couldn't get to lvl 66 lol.

Going to try Bloodlines

maybe your problem isn't gem drops, it's your build, gear and gem choices. playing in a different (HC, no less!!) league isn't gonna change any of that and will only lead to more frustration.

In my opinion as a long-time SC and HC poe player, the drop rates are just right. It forces you to play carefully, plan your build correctly and acquire and use game knowledge.
That means, the drop rate in its current state rewards people with good builds, knowledge and adequate playstyle (some might call it skill), and these things carry them through the game in all, even new leagues and the drop rate makes them rich.

But on the other hand, the drop rates punish people who waste their skill points, currency and opportunities because they rely on strong items to carry them, and they fail horribly, even in softcore, if they don't have items.

in my guild with 3 more or less active players, all 3 of us ended the last 3 HC leagues with dozens of exalts, powerful 6-L armours etc and lvl 80-92 HC characters thanks to drop rates and some minor trading. And all of that in 3 months as casual players, mind you.

Last comments: Your currency is more than enough to use master-crafting on some items. Why you don't do that, I have no idea.
Also, the leagues have only just started. you can't expect to find exalts on your first day, or even week (or month). Lower your expectations and raise your skill, and you will flourish.
Last edited by Kiedel on Dec 18, 2014, 6:32:10 PM
"
dragnar wrote:

http://poe.trade/

try that link AN-JOY !

that's path of exile ACTION HOUSE ( no trade chat needed )

Yeah, that trade system is *awesome*. You can have the fun, like I did this morning, of waiting 50 minutes for someone to un-afk to respond to your request to buy a *listed item*, only to be told 'yeah not for trade atmo sry'.

Woo! I felt like I'd spent that time so productively.
"
Kiedel wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
Well, first time in 4 years I guess that I deleted my character. Lvl 65 CI Flicker, kept dying in docks due to insane amounts of desnyc, couldn't get to lvl 66 lol.

Going to try Bloodlines

maybe your problem isn't gem drops, it's your build, gear and gem choices. playing in a different (HC, no less!!) league isn't gonna change any of that and will only lead to more frustration.

In my opinion as a long-time SC and HC poe player, the drop rates are just right. It forces you to play carefully, plan your build correctly and acquire and use game knowledge.
That means, the drop rate in its current state rewards people with good builds, knowledge and adequate playstyle (some might call it skill), and these things carry them through the game in all, even new leagues and the drop rate makes them rich.

But on the other hand, the drop rates punish people who waste their skill points, currency and opportunities because they rely on strong items to carry them, and they fail horribly, even in softcore, if they don't have items.

in my guild with 3 more or less active players, all 3 of us ended the last 3 HC leagues with dozens of exalts, powerful 6-L armours etc and lvl 80-92 HC characters thanks to drop rates and some minor trading. And all of that in 3 months as casual players, mind you.

Last comments: Your currency is more than enough to use master-crafting on some items. Why you don't do that, I have no idea.
Also, the leagues have only just started. you can't expect to find exalts on your first day, or even week (or month). Lower your expectations and raise your skill, and you will flourish.

they dont see it this way

they wanne play 30 min a day and have op shit whitin 1 month

as a players sins closed beta i know drop rate,s are higher now ( especially sins u can craft shit on masters ) this has made the game way easier

fuck bloodline,s is what 7 day,s old ( i already have 12 exalts worth of orbs / gears <DROP RATE SO BAD ,.....)

the problem is this game is attracting more and more CASUALS < and those are the players that want to have everything every one else has for a low amount of time invested / no thought put into the game ( just open klick play shine opness and lol )
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
I feel like the game is balanced around stacking 100% rarity, and about 10% increased quantity.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I never complained about drops except currency, mainly exalts and eternals, and that complaint went away when I finally "got" you're not actually supposed to use currency to make anything. L2T.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 19, 2014, 1:55:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info