News at 11 - drop rates still suck

"
Daresso wrote:
I feel like the game is balanced around stacking 100% rarity, and about 10% increased quantity.

Balanced around no lifers or luck of your life whatever it is. It's not very merciful

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I am just curious. What do you guy want for drop rates? I mean like a shavs guaranteed when you hit 80? It's not like you need great gear anyway to beat game. Unlike others I played. IMO drops are fine. OFC they can't please everyone. Too good and no lifers are bored in a week. Too bad casuals will say fuck this noise.
Git R Dun!
Nothing like d3 but a balaence between risk vs reward for sure, Like you think I like doing a 170% crazy ass fucking twin dominus palace map and getting garbage for it IN mf gear so I die in like 1 hit even though I can pretty much 1 hit them too thankfully.

Not in the new leagues obviously but anyway

A balance between the d3 drop rates and these drop rates like a middle line of the two. I play a lot like I do mean a lot.

I get my items via trading which I don't like but I do it because it's how you get wealthy. It's how I become a god in every league that I go into. I'd like to find items personally =/ not frustration after frustration within my like 24 hours of mf runs hell which I can tolerate because I'm use to it.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
dragnar wrote:
"
Kiedel wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
Well, first time in 4 years I guess that I deleted my character. Lvl 65 CI Flicker, kept dying in docks due to insane amounts of desnyc, couldn't get to lvl 66 lol.

Going to try Bloodlines

maybe your problem isn't gem drops, it's your build, gear and gem choices. playing in a different (HC, no less!!) league isn't gonna change any of that and will only lead to more frustration.

In my opinion as a long-time SC and HC poe player, the drop rates are just right. It forces you to play carefully, plan your build correctly and acquire and use game knowledge.
That means, the drop rate in its current state rewards people with good builds, knowledge and adequate playstyle (some might call it skill), and these things carry them through the game in all, even new leagues and the drop rate makes them rich.

But on the other hand, the drop rates punish people who waste their skill points, currency and opportunities because they rely on strong items to carry them, and they fail horribly, even in softcore, if they don't have items.

in my guild with 3 more or less active players, all 3 of us ended the last 3 HC leagues with dozens of exalts, powerful 6-L armours etc and lvl 80-92 HC characters thanks to drop rates and some minor trading. And all of that in 3 months as casual players, mind you.

Last comments: Your currency is more than enough to use master-crafting on some items. Why you don't do that, I have no idea.
Also, the leagues have only just started. you can't expect to find exalts on your first day, or even week (or month). Lower your expectations and raise your skill, and you will flourish.

they dont see it this way

they wanne play 30 min a day and have op shit whitin 1 month

as a players sins closed beta i know drop rate,s are higher now ( especially sins u can craft shit on masters ) this has made the game way easier

fuck bloodline,s is what 7 day,s old ( i already have 12 exalts worth of orbs / gears <DROP RATE SO BAD ,.....)

the problem is this game is attracting more and more CASUALS < and those are the players that want to have everything every one else has for a low amount of time invested / no thought put into the game ( just open klick play shine opness and lol )

Erm, I've been around here since the first wave of closed beta invites got sent. If that was aimed at me.

I'm not asking for fucking exalt rain. I'd like to find few alch/chaos to try and craft something.

Just finished run through Normal Bloodlines, my total currency drops were:
1 chaos
2 fuses
1 regal
5 jewellers

Rest is alts and lower.

That is ok for you?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Played Torment for 2 days, level 69 Shadow, found a Belly of the Beast at cruel, 5S at 1 jewelers, and a 5L at around 10 fusings, then I found a Rainbowstride in Sarn City, then another 5L Something Chainmail, a 200 ES glove with dex and life at a random mep. damn, I'm not even mad. The ghosts are a pretty good sign of risk vs reward, most of my super awesome drops are from them, well actually I actually had to pay attention to be able to kill them properly after possessing the best number of mobs. Oh well, GGG can nerf them now, I'm done playing torment lol.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Last edited by OJ8_Graz on Dec 19, 2014, 5:46:44 AM
Here's my tally from Torment, after reaching lvl 70 (~24 hrs of play)

I have used exactly zero of those resources in Normal & Cruel, and exatly 1 chaos, 9 fus, 9 alc & 53 jew so far in Merciless. Most of them for master crafting / buying gems from masters. I've bought 1 gem from the market and a friend gave me a 5L chest.

Throughout whole Normal I got: 1 regret, 2 chaos, 1 alc, 4 fus, 6 jew, 5 chance, 19 chrom

Throughout whole Normal I looted just 1 unique, a crappy Springleaf.

Uniques looted in Cruel

Uniques looted in Merciless

All total garbage / useless (leveling uniques dropped in Merciless) & not even good for playing the economeh (ok, I could maybe sell Wurms & Quill for 1c ea). The only unique that I ever put on is:

-----------------------

Now, I'm a veteran of the game and can handle starvation gameplay which actually makes the game more challenging, but consider a newcomer to PoE who goes through Normal and experiences this horrible boring looting... in an ARPG, which are all about looting.

It's not hard to see why most that try the game, dont even complete Normal (statistics from 1.0 relese when PoE went on Steam)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 23, 2014, 6:11:45 AM
OP - this is the story of my life since closed beta.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I am just curious. What do you guy want for drop rates? I mean like a shavs guaranteed when you hit 80? It's not like you need great gear anyway to beat game. Unlike others I played. IMO drops are fine. OFC they can't please everyone. Too good and no lifers are bored in a week. Too bad casuals will say fuck this noise.

It's not a matter of what we need to beat the game but more a carrot on a stick. Of course i can beat lvl 78 dominus with a 3L But the point of the game is the farm for loots right ?

A caster don't need a wand to cast spells but we want one because we feel more powerfull and that's the point of an hack n slash game. Right now, high end crafting is out of the question and self found gear hit a ceiling super fast.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Morbo, 2 of those unique are endgame viable.

Gz.
Played in a 3-5 man team last season, Beyond League and got a ton a TON more drops just cause of the + Quantity / Rarity you get per player.

Now in Bloodlines I've been going solo and the drop rates, and map drops are just.. just horrible. It's a different experience if you're going in a party or going solo. I'll suggest try getting some friends together and you'll enjoy the game a ton more. Not only cause the drop's feel and ARE more frequent, but it's more fun in general.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info