News at 11 - drop rates still suck

After sinking around 20h in the new league, it's time for the obligatory reminder to GGG that drop rates in their game are still mind-numbingly low.

This is my total currency, Act 2 Merci:

Most of the chaos is from selling few things, and I've used maybe 10/10 jewellers/fuses. The rest is all unused, complete sum of all that dropped. It's just too low, especially for a player that prefers playing solo and trading at minimum. At this point, I'd wish Chris tells his 'story' about the player who never used his currency. That would actually be more fun than playing the new leagues.

There's 295 uniques in the game, and I had 3 drop for me so far. Exciting. Not to mention that getting 5L in this game is equal to winning a decent sized lottery in real life.

At this point, I'm starting to feel like a hamster in the wheel. This is the first temp league that I've basically gotten fed up with after 5 days. Torment is just like standard with some green dudes hugging the walls and desyncing me like crazy (since they can go though mobs and I can't). Only I'm even poorer on it.

I usually play HC temp league, and after Torment I've realised why. Selling something is much harder than on HC, and after dying a few times with the build, it's just makes no sense in playing temp league when I could just enjoy my at least decent equipment and currency stockpile in Std.

I'd like to play HC, but seeing the feedback from community about brilliantly balanced Bloodline mobs, I'll probably skip it. I might play it after the balance patches hit, but that far into the league, there's no point in starting so much behind others.

Anyways, your game is good, but your drop rates are horrible. They make me not want to play your game. Your balance team is horrendous. They make me want to deinstall your game.

Gonna try that piece of crap Dragon Age 3, finally cracked, to see if it's worth buying this time, or if we again have DA2 fiasco on our hands.

Cheerio.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 16, 2014, 3:54:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Rule#551 ''Never expect anything worth while''

Rule#112 ''Risk VS Reward isn't there but we continue playing what the fuck''

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Okay serious question.

How much currency and drops are you expecting while spending 80% of your time in normal and cruel.

Like legit I don't understand people posting characters that are like sub 80 who spent 90% of their time just beating merc and they have no good item to trade (like good items drop in normal and cruel). Like your literally just leveling a character with 0 farming done.

Your total currency is 15-20 chaos which will allow you to buy gear if you want to faceroll up to 75 maps extremely easily.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Dec 16, 2014, 4:06:11 PM
So the game starts at 80? 1-79 serves only to rush to 80?

Some like to progress slowly on their own. I only expect to be able to craft something by mid merci, to find and use a unique or two, and to be able to get to maps without trading.

Too much to ask for?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 16, 2014, 4:23:17 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:

Some like to progress slowly on their own. I only expect to be able to craft something by mid merci, to find and use a unique or two, and to be able to get to maps without trading.

Too much to ask for?

Getting rich starts at 80 the same way going to middle school > high school > college starts getting you a real job. You spent 80-90% of your time in normal and cruel, what are you expecting in normal and cruel.

Also how would you not craft something by mid-merc, you do not have augs/alchs/chaos/trans to craft the masters right?

Also I get to maps every season without trading, the game is not hard. It might have been 2-3 years ago but the game progressively got easier and easier and now we have masters so there is no excuses.

I mean I 100% support buffing drop rates of all of the shitty unique items at low levels for people to actually find them and use them to level, but it's just illogical to me people somehow don't understand that leveling in the game means your not farming anything.

Do you play single player rpgs and expect amazing gear that can only be found at the latest levels to drop at the starter areas?
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Dec 16, 2014, 4:37:11 PM
The real riches are under the wite-out I bet.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING HM?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Odoakar wrote:

Too much to ask for?

No, not too much to ask for.

But do be prepared that getting maps without trading may take a while. In rampage I had 2 weeks of league left when my gear finally was map viable. (and by map viable I mean capable to survive 70 level maps)
Last edited by TohtoriKuolema on Dec 16, 2014, 5:22:59 PM
That seems like a super low amount of chromatics to me if you haven't used any. Do you not pick up white tri colors or get them from the vendors?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I dropped my first vaal orb on my 3rd or 4th Piety run in Merciless...Good to know i can waste it to have a small chance to drop a sacrifice fragment by corrupting a map \o/
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Some of those seem like a pretty low quantity.

Your chromatics, for example. That quantity says to me you most likely haven't been picking up RGB linked items. Those sell for 1 chromatic. Also be sure to check the vendors each time you level, at least in your current base-zone. Buy any RGB linked items, and sell them right back to the vendor.

Likewise:
- You'll make more alterations if you ID rare items prior to selling them, as well as bits and pieces of other things (like Alchemy orbs).
- Be sure to carry around at least the currency that makes a regular item magic and the one that adds a mod to a magic item. Use those on any regular boxes you find to make sure they have at least two mods.
- Normal and cruel are pretty easy, so dedicate a slot or two to some decent magic finding rather than worrying about other stats. Just having 30% or so helps a lot. More rares, more currency.

And there's no doubt other little tricks.

That said, I do agree that certain currency drop rates suck. Fusings are a key one, of which you'll use a ton, but lacking a useful recipe like Chromatics have. And Jewelers don't really start to build up until you start seeing 6 slotted items. Would be nice if max slotted items of other types got you some of those. Of course, the downside to that would be the lack of inventory space. Say 4 slot helm/gloves/boots could be sold for 1 jewelry orb. That would mean a lot more runs back to town. Would need either more inventory space or a gem that gives you an ability that lets you melt things down in the field.
Last edited by Mudpony on Dec 17, 2014, 3:54:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info