News at 11 - drop rates still suck

in around 11 hours played. and used 50+ chromes and 10alts and 2fuses so far.
RNG is RNG

Also, drop rates are adjusted for a RMT/botting economy.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 17, 2014, 4:25:17 AM
"
vvooee wrote:

So 11 hours for a small handfull of orbs that can be gone in 20 seconds is good to you?
Made a torment character...

Still cant find better gloves nor the materials to craft them to have 60+ life and 30+ light res, and some dex, you know pretty basic shit.

Stuck with these because literally nothing is dropping for me and nothing I have dropped is worth anything to anyone else either. But I chanced these gloves back in cruel or something and still no upgrades found

As for masters, where the hell are they, ive done like 3 and skipped like 4 because i hate catarina missions and im lvl 61 so like 12 solid hours of playing and still no hideout.

Man it sure does pay to group and rush to the endgame.

It's random, as worn out that phrase is.

Playing from 1-70 in Bloodlines, I got these:

Relevant currency (all found):

Probably 160 chromes and 300 alts (used quite a few). I also used 10 alchemy orbs. For me, this is a pretty good turnout. I also found sellable gems like Spell Echo and CWDT, oh, and a second Stone of Lazhwar. Above all, I found an already 5L chest of the ideal base item for my build, and some really neat rares. Those matter more to me than currency and uniques (I only used the Wanderlust for a while).

So from my perspective, drop rates weren't bad. This is all solo, no grouping, no specific IIR gear (maybe 20-30 on gear at various times). I also try to only play builds that work with whatever drops or that I can craft with low level masters.
"
"
vvooee wrote:

So 11 hours for a small handfull of orbs that can be gone in 20 seconds is good to you?

come one man. its early league not even on maps and thats the result without selling anything to other players and just running around. I would not want any more currency drops than i have gained so far. Leveling uniques should drop more thats true but more currency would mean that when i get to maps i allready have gear to beat 75 maps and i would not have anything to work for. With currect drop rates of currency i can buy few items that i need to clear lvl 66-70 maps easy, running them to get some more gear and then im ready to 70-75 maps. Not hard and not taking too long, if it would be faster currency it would be pointless to pick them up. Some low lvl uniques should drop more while leveling but thats it.
Not expecting you to be a racer or anything here, but you have to move faster than than 22 hours to get to A2M (especially on softcore). The best loot is from maps. Get to 66 maps (or A3M docks) as fast as you can.
I don't understand that mentality of rushing to maps to start experiencing the good in the game. I could rush, I've done that before, but sometimes I want to take my time. This league I wanted to play CI for the first time, and spent a lot of time farming A2M fellshrine before transitioning to CI. My experience so far with the new league is horrible, nothing is dropping and apparently it's my fault for not rushing to maps.

Fuck maps. There's 200 low level uniques, make them rain in normal and cruel. People will anyway transition out of using them, and they will actually serve their point - a good item that you find at low level, use it for few lvs, and then replace them with something newer, better. Instead of rushing to maps and finding shitty uniques that you don't need at that point.

There's master crafting but there's not enough currency dropping to craft something. If I didn't trade as little as I did, I'd have 1 chaos by the A2M.

What's the point then, let us all start premade in maps and be done with it.

I don't know, maybe I'm just jaded with the game at this point, same things are happening from league to league, and GGG seems completely oblivious that there's even a problem with anything there. But maybe there's no problem, as I see others placing the blame on me, rather than on the game.

Oh, well. Time to wait for Act4 I guess.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 17, 2014, 9:50:16 AM
Well that's certainly a valid point, but it is also why you don't have a bunch of currency or good drops. I think the rest of the game is good (please delete cruel though) and have played where I don't rush. It just is simply not a good way to build wealth. Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't.

If we do make it rain low level uniques in cruel, you still won't be excited for them, and then they will also only be worth an alt. That won't get you currency.

Plain and simple, you want drop rates raised. Nothing less.

I can see you supported for a very long time. You started when I did. I think since then drops have gone WAY up. What got you to support GGG so much in the past that they are no longer fulfilling for you?
"
Barivius wrote:
If we do make it rain low level uniques in cruel, you still won't be excited for them, and then they will also only be worth an alt. That won't get you currency.

That's the only time low level uniques should rain, because you certainly wont be excited for them when rolling 78s maps.

You need those levelling uniques for a smoother progress. Let's leave excitement for the high level good stuff.

(all this talk is futile anyway, cause GGG thinks that trading for gear solves everything and gives players excitement)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info