Order of the Frozen Sky

What I'm getting from all of these threads is that every single Bloodlines character absolutely, without a doubt has to have a Kaltenhalt/Saffel's equipped, be running Purity of Ice and have a Sapphire on hand at all times simply to avoid dying immediately to undetectable/unavoidable mechanics.

Am I mistaken? And if I am not, does this sound like good game design? It certainly doesn't promote diversity.

Now, more than ever, I am glad that I am strictly a SC player. There are more than enough issues in SC to make my blood boil without adding this to it. :P
Last edited by f4sak3n on Dec 16, 2014, 4:47:44 PM
Unrelated question - but in the video in the OP, after he logs out after getting hit by the icestorm, on his login screen, the Daily Special is shown along the left of the screen.

How come I've never seen that ad and have to manually check the Daily?

Anyways, lesson in this thread is to wait a week before starting a HC temp league char? (Because I remember some Beyond mechanic that people were complaining about and that got patch-nerfed a week or two after 1.2 hit)
Last edited by HoosTrax on Dec 16, 2014, 4:55:35 PM
"
f4sak3n wrote:
What I'm getting from all of these threads is that every single Bloodlines character absolutely, without a doubt has to have a Kaltenhalt/Saffel's equipped, be running Purity of Ice and have a Sapphire on hand at all times simply to avoid dying immediately to undetectable/unavoidable mechanics.

The sad thing is, even with all 3 of those, there are some situations that I don't think anyone could survive. For example, a high level tora mission (clear the infected pit version) with ~50 magic mobs all having frozen sky. Doesn't matter what you're hp or cold resist is at, I just don't see anyone surviving that. Even in normal frozen sky situations, like a pack of 10 mobs with it, 85 cold resist and 5000 hp may not be enough to actually finish the engagement. However, what it does is give you a few more milliseconds of up time, hopefully giving you enough time to successfully alt+f4 or log out.
The HC leagues are challenging as is, but to add this kind of bug extremely annoying. What should be a three month league feels like two... Personally, I would rather we go back to 4 month leagues if that extra month is used to fix some of these potential issues.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
This is the first time I've had Sympathy for HC players ( blood lines ) my god that shit's super aids why is that in game haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ercLqiPME

I am i agreement with you on that one.

This is as fucktarded as the orchard (lvl66 erm..) boss. Mmhh no actually it's worse.

To GGG: I saw the videos and still I didn't have time to move a finger on my fist encounter. What about you patch that shit fast? Or is your objective to keep on creating OS content?
"
d1ck_richard wrote:
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
I think their problem in testing was probably that they only tested it as ONE frozen sky mob. as a pack its absolutely ruthless.

A mob is a pack. ;)

mob in this case is short for 'mobile object'

one zombie is one mob
many zombies is many mobs

oldschool MUD slang yo.

Agree with everything in this post except this post. Please do not spread msinformation. "mob" stands for "monster or beast".
"
Draqone wrote:
"
d1ck_richard wrote:
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:

A mob is a pack. ;)

mob in this case is short for 'mobile object'

one zombie is one mob
many zombies is many mobs

oldschool MUD slang yo.

Agree with everything in this post except this post. Please do not spread msinformation. "mob" stands for "monster or beast".

he is actually correct as I posted once already.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Dec 16, 2014, 5:58:48 PM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Ran into a few packs of these in level 61 areas on my marauder. Capped cold resist doesn't do squat against them, I'll be sticking to level 59- areas from here on in until it's patched.

They could seriously reduce the damage dealt to 0.1x and it would still be dangerous.

That, I thought I coudl run and all and pop a pot at least but no, it's just BOUM DEAD BYE REROLL xD.
"
Nerdicide wrote:

For example, a high level tora mission (clear the infected pit version) with ~50 magic mobs all having frozen sky. Doesn't matter what you're hp or cold resist is at, I just don't see anyone surviving that. Even in normal frozen sky situations, like a pack of 10 mobs with it, 85 cold resist and 5000 hp may not be enough to actually finish the engagement. However, what it does is give you a few more milliseconds of up time, hopefully giving you enough time to successfully alt+f4 or log out.

Yes, got alone in norm a2 four Tora Missions, two of them lead nearly into a rip.
First time Dropbears with million charges (blue bears in masses aren't normally stronk enough,he?), second time mixed packs of jumping Fetids with Necrovigil and Rime Pulsblood almost got me.

Don't want imagine Frozen Sky in this Situations.

Tora mostly was ez going, in Bloodlines now you got free buttkicks.

Arf.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Last edited by Hunwulf on Dec 16, 2014, 6:12:26 PM
"
HoosTrax wrote:
Unrelated question - but in the video in the OP, after he logs out after getting hit by the icestorm, on his login screen, the Daily Special is shown along the left of the screen.

How come I've never seen that ad and have to manually check the Daily?

Anyways, lesson in this thread is to wait a week before starting a HC temp league char? (Because I remember some Beyond mechanic that people were complaining about and that got patch-nerfed a week or two after 1.2 hit)

Cause steam log in

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info