Static Strike is awesome

Question: which would probably be better, to get elemental nodes and WED via Phys to light gem? or is it better to just let the phys damage scale with weapon specific nodes, replacing WED and Phys to Light with FA and something else?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
I was going to do a groundslam marauder permastun but now i'll use a respec for that in standard and in new league make static strike (since i already started).

I want to keep part physical so i can have life/mana leech on gear and as a defense to reflect.

I plan pn 1H plus shield. Ultimate endgame weapon would likely be doryani's. I imagine a soul taker would be pretty neat too but doryani's would scale so well.

Block will be taken as well as melee with shield. If using a crest of perandus could have around 50% block. That leaves counter attack gem to be used as well.

Maybe a carcass jack would be the best chest with the aoe addition but not sure. Imagine this can be versatile.

gotta work on the links.

Probably hatred and herald of ash for auras. Maybe swap herald for purity of lightning if reflect gets dicey.

Takes ne forever to level with the time i have (or dont have) so there will be 50 builds posted before i get mine to end game. :(

my planned tree thus far

unwavering is a question mark for me. Have it on this tree but will need to see gameplay.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 13, 2014, 10:53:58 AM
"
enveratise wrote:
Question: which would probably be better, to get elemental nodes and WED via Phys to light gem? or is it better to just let the phys damage scale with weapon specific nodes, replacing WED and Phys to Light with FA and something else?

At the moment it's unclear if scaling *melee* physical damage scales the explosion - until that is determined for sure it's hard to say
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:

At the moment it's unclear if scaling *melee* physical damage scales the explosion - until that is determined for sure it's hard to say

I've been wondering this as well. It doesn't scale for molten strike so afraid the same here. Would modify my tree above.
Hoping the "Increased melee damage while holding shield: works with the explosion.

-------------------------
could also be a good shadow build I would imagine. Will look at that with physical damage/1H, maybe taking static blows then moving into templar area. Could pick up witch AoE nodes if done right.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 13, 2014, 11:09:31 AM
Isn't the explosion damage based on the initial hit? because unlike MS or even LS, the Projectiles - or in this case the AOE - isn't generated independently off the attack. you need to hit something first in order for the AOE to proc.

If this is true though, SS would probably be getting the nerf hammer pretty soon as it scales so much with too many things. :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Yea we could use a dev clarification. I suspect it doesn't benefit from melee damage what creates hole in my spec with the "increased melee physical while holding a shield" passives :S
I'm going to maybe give this one a shot on a staff build. Might be interesting.
It's not a projectile, so yes, it scales with melee physical damage. Aoe attacks aren't a new thing. The explosion is attack, melee, aoe.
Played to level 45 last night with a new Templar in Torment. I will say that Static Strike is very fun and extremely satisfying as a new melee skill. So far I have been playing completely self-found and soloing all content fairly easy. I do die every now and then, but it my fault each time.

Right now, I am only playing with a 4L setup:
Static Strike + WED + Phy to Light + Added Fire (Might swap to Added Light)

So far I haven't dedicated to any type of weapon yet and can still hit 1.7k dps with a 1H elemental scepter with some semi-decent stats. Since this skill is item dependent, there is a lot of variance. This skill scales very well with physical damage, but so far I haven't got any stand out drops yet. My weapon is constantly changing to the next best drop at this point.

I am only in A2 Cruel, but I have already become very afraid of reflect. I do so much AoE damage I can kill myself in one or two shots. Granted my resists aren't great because I am self found, but still. This skill is very good and may even replace other melee skills in the near future.
Last edited by Repeats on Dec 13, 2014, 1:55:39 PM
"
darkmark009 wrote:
It's not a projectile, so yes, it scales with melee physical damage. Aoe attacks aren't a new thing. The explosion is attack, melee, aoe.

Your source for this? the tags for the explosion could also just be Lightning, AOE. While I did say that it needed to hit something in order for the explosion timer to proc doesn't disqualify it being independent in damage calculation ala MS/LS. I just specified it's possible that it can be.

Calling Vipermagi. or if Gods willing, Mark. bring elightenment to thy ignorant brethren

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info