Static Strike is awesome

Basically its a melee attack with built-in Melee Splash with much higher radius.
I don't have Multistrike or Faster Attacks yet, but can imagine how well it will work with this skill.
My plan is:
Static Strike - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - WED - Added Fire
6 link: Life Leech (defensive choice) or Melee Physical (offensive choice).
I concur.
"
hrapvlesu wrote:
Basically its a melee attack with built-in Melee Splash with much higher radius.
I don't have Multistrike or Faster Attacks yet, but can imagine how well it will work with this skill.
My plan is:

Melee Phys should be better than WED, for starters. Just slightly better in terms of damage, and it costs less, and that's even assuming you're also running HoA and Hatred (it's even better if you're not using them). And it'll provide better physical leech. You probably wanna prioritize it over WED.

Also, it *may* be worthwhile to replace Faster Attacks or Added Fire with Physical to Lightning, as that should (eventually) give an extra 29% physical damage as added lightning (compared to Added Fire's 39%), as well as convert all the rest of your physical damage to lightning, making WED and other increased elemental affixes/nodes/affects apply to 100% of your damage instead of only around ~80% (again assuming HoA and Hatred). In place of Added Fire it should be a slight increase to your dps overall, while in place of Faster Attacks it'll likely be a loss of dps but a fair bit stronger single-strike damage (about 25% more single-shot damage than your setup). Oh, and in that case WED would be higher priority than melee phys, now that WED would apply to all your damage just like melee phys, but with a higher percentage.

Just a couple thoughts.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 12, 2014, 11:46:17 PM
Still patching my game. How does it interact with melee splash? is the explosion per hit, or does the damage build up per strike over the duration?
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
Still patching my game. How does it interact with melee splash? is the explosion per hit, or does the damage build up per strike over the duration?

Can't really tell because don't have required gems. I can only say that you will not ever need melee splash with it.
From a leveling perspective its: find decent 2h weapon - do 2 strikes - everything dies in a 1/2 ice nova radius around you.
"
hrapvlesu wrote:
My plan is:

Reduced duration might give you more aoe procs than faster attacks. Something maybe worth looking into.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
what makes static strike awesome (and another Tornado Shot - youll see entire population of 20 melee players using it in endgame) is the combination of

- no brain AOE - molten strike hits some mobs in a small area, static strike hits them all, no thinking, no aiming
- delay. you run from mob to mob basicaly damaging next one with charge from previous one. clear speed is VERY good with it. again - no thinking needed
- large enough AOE so % increases (and rounding) scale nicely
- static chance to shock even without crit from templar tree.
- this replaces sweep as it does EVERYTHING sweep does, but better
You need to hit something to build the charge, so its more desync prone than sweep :p

Multistrike is always an option though.
Is there a cooldown or does it queue up bursts?

If i hit 5 times a second will there be 5 bursts (each occuring 0.75s after the associated hit)?
Because i am thinking 1h with shield and new melee/shield passives.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 13, 2014, 2:44:00 AM
after trying that - it should be Mace only skill. because oh boy here comes waves of lightning bublers.. with daggers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info