Static Strike is awesome

It queues up bursts from what I can tell.

I also like it as a splash replacement because unlike splash, the bursts also improve your damage as well. Splash: base damage is reduced. Static Strike: Base damage is effectively 180% (110% + 70% from bursts).

Looking at these stats, it wouldn't surprise me if its numbers weren't hotix tweaked in the next week or so (before people get too attached to the 180% damage effectiveness).

Really the only downside I see is that there isn't any physical to lightning conversion items out there so you're basically stuck either with lightning + phys or lightning + a bunch of other elements (added fire, hatred, etc). No pure lightning from physical options :/
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
It queues up bursts from what I can tell.

I also like it as a splash replacement because unlike splash, the bursts also improve your damage as well. Splash: base damage is reduced. Static Strike: Base damage is effectively 180% (110% + 70% from bursts).

Looking at these stats, it wouldn't surprise me if its numbers weren't hotix tweaked in the next week or so (before people get too attached to the 180% damage effectiveness).

Really the only downside I see is that there isn't any physical to lightning conversion items out there so you're basically stuck either with lightning + phys or lightning + a bunch of other elements (added fire, hatred, etc). No pure lightning from physical options :/

eee...

there is a phys to lightning gem now (50% conversion)
Oh wow, that's right.

So what's the best way to do this?

Static Strike - Phys to Lightning - Melee Physical - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Lightning Penetration?

A templar can get what, 30% chance to shock from the tree? Combined with Celestial Punishment for a very tasty bonus to damage.

This is sounding interesting. I might abandon my Herald of Ash build and try for a melee static blows build instead.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
From little testing - i'm dissapointed , i was expecting some deeper more interesting mechanic...
Like that the more you stack the bigger the aoe gets and then release the damage in one punch after said duration
...or that explosion happens after siad time and if you get more hits within that it adds up increasing damage and area...

As it looks like it's just melee attack that release explosions after said time. The area is quite big and primary damage is high so it will probably replace other forms of melee for this patch.

Works fine with melee splash in a sence you double dip aoe damage, but not sure if it is worth the support gem cost - the aoe on skill is much bigger too. Probably will replace other forms of melee aoe for some time.

i suggest asking dev if the AoE portion scales with "melee damage" as i suspect it shouldn't.

Last edited by Stt3r0 on Dec 13, 2014, 3:09:42 AM
Rename to Static Blow and make work while unarmed?

IB is getting pretty old...
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Just switched out Molten Strike with Static Strike with

and never switched back again. I thought Molten Strike was very good, but this one is much better and less messy.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Dec 13, 2014, 6:07:04 AM
Awesome addition to melee :)

So far what I can tell about static strike mechanics:

- Static explosion is like the attack? Not sure about this one but I've frozen and ignited enemies from the explosion with only added cold and fire from gear

- It only uses main weapon while dual wielding. Dunno if a bug or intended :)

- If attack crits explosion crits too

Cheers! Necro
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331
Last edited by Necropotence on Dec 13, 2014, 6:10:14 AM
it isnt 'awesome addition to melee'

it is total replacement to all other skills

i slapped it onto a groundslam char (with AOE gem) and this stuff covers 3/4 of a screen! this skill is insane

anyone doubting that - there is NO reason to play: cleave, reave, ground slam, molten strike ('AOE gems') AT ALL because this new stuff does what these do but MUCH MUCH better

range on this thing: do you remember the 'small rooms' from Museum map? Static Strike with AOE gem covers ENTIRE room.

good one GGG, good one
"
sidtherat wrote:
it isnt 'awesome addition to melee'

it is total replacement to all other skills

i slapped it onto a groundslam char (with AOE gem) and this stuff covers 3/4 of a screen! this skill is insane

anyone doubting that - there is NO reason to play: cleave, reave, ground slam, molten strike ('AOE gems') AT ALL because this new stuff does what these do but MUCH MUCH better

range on this thing: do you remember the 'small rooms' from Museum map? Static Strike with AOE gem covers ENTIRE room.

good one GGG, good one

I picked up the buff from a Massive Shrine, and the AoE from the explosion just reached the edge of the screen. Nothing really came close to me, and this is with no AoE investment from support gem and/or tree. Now imagine if there was any investment.......

I think they gave us an answer to Shock Nova, half the answer lies in Static Strike. /sarcasm
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Static Strike will get nerfed very soon :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info