Did your build get destroyed?

Yeah. I was building a character around dual wield Cybil's Paw which required block nodes in order to increase her spell damage for incinerate (6% increased Spell Damage per 5% Block Chance). Now with the huge reduction in block the build is definately unviable with Cybil's Paw. So...

1) Did your build get affected in anyway?
-Yes

2) Was it buff or a nerf?
-Obliterated

3) Will you continue to play it?
-Not unless they somehow make duel wield block viable again for Cybil's Paw or Modify Cybil's to match the new ranges.
Everyone has "to do" lists. Strange how guys lists are just a bunch of names...
Last edited by Maldayne on Dec 4, 2014, 4:33:17 PM
- Cybil/Rathpith Incinerate -> completely destroyed
- dual flame totem - lost some HP, minor dmg buff
- Ice spear CI -> lost some ES, lost crit mult
- dual claw reave duellist -> completely screwed by duellist fuck up and dualwield block nerf
- Dual curse, ele equilibrium, conduit ice nova/spear support templar -> less life, more dmg
- CI crit dagger witch -> less ES, less crit, less crit mult

So yeah they basically did fuck up almost everything and what didnt get totally fucked up got less surviveability for more (ele) dmg. Really nice in HC^^

Only thing that didnt got nerfed at all is my crit bow build, but it probably will too, when they release patch nodes with harbinger nerfed and tornado shot nerfed and split arrow nerfed
- Facebreaker duelist: 40% more damage, 4% less life, less block
- Shadow CI Reave: more accuracy, less ES, more attack speed, less crit multi
- Incinerator (not block): around 20% more damage thanks to new templar nodes and some reallocation
- Windripper elemental crit: slight dps loss
- Crit sword molten strike duelist: broken, not playable anymore
- WoE BoR duelist: kinda broken, will have to wait and see
- Hybrid witch Freeze Pulse: same
- Life fireball shadow: same

Some builds got buffed, some nerfed, still no love for 2H builds (makes me sad).
Spell casters mostly got buffed thanks to templars while melee builds got hit hard (at least in my case).

On the other hand i have like 8 templars on standard which i will have fun with theorycrafting.

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Despite the patch notes isn't out; The talent reflection is the core of a char.

Three different builds.

1) Slightly / No / Maybe?
2) Nerf / No / Buff?
3) Yes / Yes / Maybe?

The third one depends a lot on defensive mechanics + skill changes + new skills.
1) Yeah. I've been running a 2h-mace RT Flicker Strike Duelist, with a stunlocking Frenzy and a multi-Spectral Throw as backup skills (keeps things fresh, and does pretty well with allowing me to run most map mods one way or another). Pretty much all my points go into the Duelist/Marauder/Templar areas.

2) Pretty much just nerfs. Lost an entire Mace cluster (Baptism by Light disappeared without any replacement), lost 8% threshold reduction from Skull Cracking, the Duelist starting area's been butchered, and it's looking like I have to commit more nodes to health to get the same amount.

The only notable buffs appear to be getting Culling Strike on my stuns (which actually might mean I get less damage out of Herald of Ash's ignite, since taking out those low-health enemies with an extra strike gets me a strong overkill splash, while Culling Strike finishing them off without that extra hit actually robs me of the splash) and going through the Marauder and Templar areas is mildly less wasteful.

3) Kinda. I'm thinking I'm gonna redo the build as a Scion or Marauder instead. Probably a Scion, just because I'll pick up most of the gems as quest rewards for her when I start out the new league (as a Marauder there'll be so much of the gems I've gotta trade for or run far into other startups for, Scion's just gonna be easier out of laziness, really), and I actually don't dislike the Scion's 18% elemental-resist starting branch (they're better than most non-notable resist nodes, and getting it there frees me up to use gear with less resists). With the duelist starts as they are, I'm just better off passing through instead of starting there now.
all my builds are max block

take a guess
Beyond league.
"

Yes, Cybil's Paw max block Incinerate Scion.

"

It doesn't even exist as an option anymore.

"

Nope, the only reason I played Standard was to be able to build my character(s) over a longer period of time, and with so many changes it's pointless to even try anymore.

I took a break from the game after my MF spork Witch was destroyed, just to come back and level up this one to see it destroyed too. So yeah, taking another break, I suspect a much longer one.
the hybrid hp / es chaos damge flameblast ( got nerfed hard )

lower hp
lower es * ty no 30-40% more es from shields *
lower armour *( ty templar )
lower block ( yeay ... )

used to get 160% hp 210% es ( 50/64 block )
after nerfs
60% hp 146% es * to get close to a reasonable block / spell damge )

sins my build focused on spell damge / chaos damge ( and str ) i got fucked from all side,s XD

i could work it out gowing full CI (* es )

but ci is kind of sucky shit ( ty to all the down side,s )
@dragnar <<< ingame or pm me
Last edited by dragnar on Dec 4, 2014, 9:04:03 PM

New Tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAt9a-vNtZguQtqJARsZCKr4MJSshGcW-ebqq0DOGIykrxs5yktfKTJ-q6HarDOktXhxOpbhzcDXybtcDjdwd4DX_GV8kZiliv6GYRlsHFoqMo-vsJNug__A5IkBvsGMHz6-6Cx_bahmAIsV3y44RjQ3BWcLtcipUguJP56Ax9Go86UjJ-cNU2PfLhmhPZEy0fpwgQfw48idPssEcG29Qvbx1PTLOPRsae379wUowL2Hbb5zW5UDAdFCW8Kgu5fLk-X2oRUKcr21760vPqrGZtGWaeFy8s4RZAZOcksH3jhX1V1kKjgKTZWxslS67pAg==

17 lower crit chance, Lower Crit multi(global Effects everybody),-5% self buff, -12% Aura Effects, -12% IAS and Slower Projectile Speed 10% but have Irongrip with new pathing, and Regan Evasion from Paws, Alot more Accuracy, and ES% + 10% but lose Rainbows and 6% spell block. Slight Lower ES (Current 8.3k) Estimate 7.5-7.8? However Requires no Colour change, and Probably a Huge Damage buff due to str Iron grip buff.

Was Currently 211K Vaal haste, Flask BM LL GMP ST, Soon BM IG LL ST.

TLDR Lower Es, Lower Multi, but more Damage overall I think.

Requires Higher level, Needs level 100 (I am level 100) and Must be a Scion, however Without Acuity's this build Can be Done easily at level 85 (104 Points + bandits) With Vaal pact and Solaris Lorica.

Everything Went better than expected, I thought my Build Wasn't going to make it.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 4, 2014, 10:22:43 PM
yes
nerf
yes

just need to spend more exalts lol
what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info