[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Bump321 wrote:
Is Void Battery actually any good with 1.1aps? giving a total of 1.8aps after passives...

My Current gear:

tl;dr

Void Battery Yes or No? xD

Don't ever use Void Battery for cast on crit unless you have two of them for dual wield. It's base crit is too low. You'll struggle to reach just 80% crit chance with one.

I thought the 60% crit and +1 PC would act as though the wand had 10crit?
Sorry to keep bothering you SaiyanZ and Thank you for the help!

I've just looked at my build in Poebuilder and I've got 277% crit on tree with a total of 910% after gear and 7 charges + average roll of 60 from void...

Surely losing a few % to crit and gaining over 200spell power is worth it?

If your math is correct and ofc it probably is I'm only 50% off of cap?
Last edited by Bump321 on Jan 31, 2015, 2:30:45 PM
"
Terrornoid wrote:

@Ressiv
You aren't feeling the crit thing because your stats aren't high enough.

Thanks for your advice man, i just got 3g2b on my volls.
I have 83% crit with charges and 3.3 aps with this wand:

Should i keep it that way or lower my aps all the way down? 3.3 aps is way above 2.2, I presume that can be good too?
@Tosi
Barrage stays level 1, CWDT's are leveled to flavor (however you feel comfortable) and max the rest.

@Posterior
Your crit is still low. Should be around 90's. And yes, I would drop down to 2.2 or just get a faster wand. <~2.25 means possible 8 procs. >~2.25 means max 4 procs. I run a 4 procs per barrage and I can do everything. My APS is also 2.8.

Sigh. EB is there to counter Voll's. ES is useless, and for 2 points we gain a large chunk of max mana and mana regen from our equipped rares (if you are doing them right) and the Volls, which youll get eventually (Tabula only works in place of a 5L Volls). If you switch to Acro, you'll be hard pushed to keep your mana up. It's also bad considering the end-game is Unwavering Stance. Also, we don't need to lose any more armor. Its basically just a bad idea.

@Bump
Honestly, I should take the bit about Void Battery out. It's just confusing people. I responded to your PM. In short, no, don't use it. Invest in a good rare.

@Ressiv
I don't know how you got that APS but its fine up to around 4.4.
Just did math. Void Battery absolutely not worth it. Don't bother. You get 95% Spell Damage and that's about it. Rare can get half that at 1/40th of the cost EASY with a bunch of other useful mods.
"
Terrornoid wrote:
@Tosi
Barrage stays level 1, CWDT's are leveled to flavor (however you feel comfortable) and max the rest.

@Posterior
Your crit is still low. Should be around 90's. And yes, I would drop down to 2.2 or just get a faster wand. <~2.25 means possible 8 procs. >~2.25 means max 4 procs. I run a 4 procs per barrage and I can do everything. My APS is also 2.8.

Sigh. EB is there to counter Voll's. ES is useless, and for 2 points we gain a large chunk of max mana and mana regen from our equipped rares (if you are doing them right) and the Volls, which youll get eventually (Tabula only works in place of a 5L Volls). If you switch to Acro, you'll be hard pushed to keep your mana up. It's also bad considering the end-game is Unwavering Stance. Also, we don't need to lose any more armor. Its basically just a bad idea.

@Bump
Honestly, I should take the bit about Void Battery out. It's just confusing people. I responded to your PM. In short, no, don't use it. Invest in a good rare.

@Ressiv
I don't know how you got that APS but its fine up to around 4.4.

I guess I was blind lol, its actually 2.3 aps
Dropping in speed is better then according to the math.
Dont know what to drop then, the 12 ias on the wand or beserking?

Edit: I just dropped harrier, that gave me 2.2 aps (bezerking gave me 2.1 aps).
And I actually notice a lot more procs! But is it possible that i desynch more now? Could be just the game right now, not sure...

Edit 2: just read about more people having desync issues, I tested a little more and it really sucks, in theory it will do a lot more damage but it feels to me that all the misses and desnycs wil just make it slower. I guess the best way is to just up my aps a lot...
Last edited by ressiv on Feb 1, 2015, 7:54:05 AM
"
Terrornoid wrote:
@Tosi

Thanks for the reply. I'm just gonna level everything to 20 minus the cwdt set with enduring cry and enfeeble. Does all the gems have to be corrupted though?
Last edited by Tosimaru on Feb 1, 2015, 9:17:04 AM
Generally, corrupting gems when they are 20/20 is recommended for any build, including this one. Also, don't level your Barrage. Not worth the Mana cost.
Ok thanks. I have it marked down to leave at level 1. Everything else minus the enfeeble set will be level 20 with 20 quality.

Also just to add. Would you maybe be able to add the things I've asked about gems and such into you gem section. Maybe in the future someone else who is still learning/new might have questions about it.
Last edited by Tosimaru on Feb 1, 2015, 2:26:58 PM
hi guys, just had another update on my level79 character.

Managed to clear Poorjoys on level75.
Managed to clear Courtyard on level78.
Accuracy = 93%
Crit chance w/o PC = 66.8%
Crit chance w/ PC = 95%
Spell crit chance = 60-70% for ice spear/fp/fireball
maximum hp = 3600
Attack = 2.7aps

I'd like to find out if my current level/stats is it normal? There is still room for improvement on my boots for more life but thats about it. I find my dps slightly below average, due to my lower spell crit chance, sometimes it takes me multiple attacks to burst down map bosses, so im wondering if im doing it right. I am about 150k dps on shatter chuck calculator at the moment.

Next I am struggling on resists, so im running purity on elements, which keeps my fire + lightning at max, cold at 60%+. Any suggestions for gear that i should improve? Should i drop rat's nest for some rare ES piece? Gear links below.

Spoiler
IGN:
@McDeliveryOnFlurry - Legacy Softcore

add me if i win or if my bids are lower than c/o
Last edited by xiaozozo on Feb 1, 2015, 8:46:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info