[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
You can lower your aps by using a slower wand. The slower wands also have a higher base crit which makes hitting 95% crit easier.

At 2.5 aps you are highly inefficient. As I mentioned above, the same build with 2.2 aps and 50% crit will clear just as fast as you. Think of it this way: It's equivalent to wasting 30+ passive points travelling the tree for crit chance because you effectively halve your proc rate by going over 2.2 aps.

Well, with picking up a 1.3 speed wand and then taking out three life nodes (only 15%) and speccing into the berserking ring, I reach exactly 2.2

So I picked up

for 20c, which to be honest is a complete bargain for something that fits so perfectly.

Accuracy too!
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
I just played around with some attack speed numbers. I tried 2.3, 2.2, 2.1, 2.2, and back to 2.3. I really felt the 2.3 was faster with both movement and clearing. I felt like I would desync and miss more often at 2.1-2.2. Maybe it is just personal preference, but I feel the most comfortable with a quicker attack speed. Just my 2 cents. :D
Honestly, I'm finding myself clearing faster and feeling way more mobile with

at 2.8 APS

rather than

at 2.2 APS
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
@Iron
For any damaging spells, you want to use as high a level CWDT as possible. Otherwise, it can be whatever in the case of utility spells.

@Jakub
Your belt and wand.
Attack speed is subjective. Read the section about the weapon and APS. Unwavering is really only needed for Uber Atziri.

@Saiyan
It's not a 50% difference. It's tricky to explain, too much for here, but its enough of a DPS drop to be worth considering though.

@Elpuppet
If you are 2.3 APS or more, crank that shit and get as much as you can. Otherwise, stay at around 2.2.

As far as Molten Shell and Discharge, I'm actually running Righteous Fire ○ Vaal Molten Shell ○ Life Leech ○ Lightning Warp. It takes care of all of my utility and Vaal Molten Shell makes some more dangerous high tier map bosses rather trivial (Archives dude, for example.) You can put anything in these sockets, try stuff out!

@Atheyd
In my testing the breakpoint was somewhere between 2.2 and 2.3. I would just get a new wand as your current one isn't (wasn't) a huge investment (or at least, it shouldn't have been; lotta room to improve on it.)

All in all, attack speed is subjective guys. Use whatever is comfortable for you. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages. I learn towards more than 2.3 (currently comfortably at 2.8) just because the mobility is key, in my opinion. Test stuff out and see what works for you.
Thanks for the great guide!

I have a question for the experienced Barrage/CoC users:

Is it safe to assume that Barrage + GMP with aps above 2.2 will still proc CoC 4 times per shot?

If so, will this proc rate remain even at around 3 or 3.5 aps?
Last edited by wozzlebottle on Jan 30, 2015, 5:06:27 AM
Hey. Amazing guide. Best I have read so far.
Amazing build, you can literally go anywhere with it, in a game that lets you go anywhere from the start. Changing gems as you please and testing things out. The complexity gives me goosebumps.

Here is my problem though. I am poor. A newbie. My current total currencies can be summed into 2.5EX.
But I decided to go with this build since I already had all the damn uniques (including gloves which are now 2.5ex) gathering dust in my inventory. So why not try it? Get a wand/shield/2 diamond rings/belt how hard can it be? They don't need to be godlike right? Well..

My gear so far:
Spoiler

Can this thing work with a 5 link? All I am aiming for at the moment is mapping easy. Up to 75. That's all. I levelled as crit Freeze Pulse (amazing shit btw). Started as level 1 3 days ago, here I am, 72, rippy as fuck, 4 link Volls.

My problems so far:
1. 5 link with life leech? IDK man does not seem to be more damage than my crit Freeze Pulse.
2. Wand? When POE only shows you 240 EX phys wands, cause if you add in Accuracy it thinks "omg rich bastard here ya go spend your mirrors".
Did you upgrade your wand? Can I buy one that won't literally bankrupt me? Do any of you have a nice enough wand that just works?
3. Can it work with 17-19 gems? Since I started playing PoE I never got a gem to 20. Hoped that this would be the build for it.
4. Mana regen is crap. I can keep Purities x 3 + MAYBE Herald of Thunder. Only have lvl 18 / 8q Reduced mana, can't afford a 20/20.
5. Can't get Maligaro to chrome the way I want, so sad, using Poacher's Mark instead. Well I hit faster, like 2.4. Which from what I read is fine.
6. What level of Barrage? If level does not matter, keeping it level 1 might work for me, since my mana pool is shit with 3 Purities up, but if level 5 is needed I'll upgrade. On this thread I have seen anything from 3 to 5.

Thank you for your time. Rock on guys, this build is great. Sure you can throw currency at it till you're OP, I just want to make it work. And making it work for a nobody like me = pure win. So please help me out with information. Thanks.

Last edited by gleelash2 on Jan 30, 2015, 7:21:00 AM
Forgot to mention:
Followed your build to the T, level 72, nothing but life nodes from here on out. 82.9% chance to crit, 2.2 attacks / second, 1 more point into attack speed (the big 12% one or whatever it is) + 3 poacher's mark charges should get me at 2.4, maybe 2.5. All good and dandy. Does not crit that often though.
Hi terror, love your guide.

Could you comment on the effectiveness of using barrage vs cyclone to proc CoC? I use to play a cyclone/CoC build a long time ago, and I'm wonder what the advantages of using barrage would be over cyclone.
I think the whole 2.2 / 2.5 aps thing is kinda vague and a lot of people dont notice the huge difference others talk about. I am pretty sure everyone would notice the difference between 4 or 8 procs if it actually existed.

Anyone tried the kinetic blast version too?

I am currently using the kinetic version because I couldn't get 3g2b on my Voll's with 1000 chromes. Got 3g1b1r like 25 times now rofl.
It clears pretty damn fast.
I also tried barrage with just one spell and noticed that it cleared a lot slower, and i mean a lot. So I tested kinetic with just 1 spell and there's still a huge difference.
The only problem are bosses / exiles.

I wonder if I should keep trying to 3g2b my Voll's because it's very expensive and it might not clear faster (map+boss wise).

Sayain, I think i get what you guys were saying.

Basically, with close to maxed out crit chance, going above 2.2 aps can mean that we're "wasting" procs on CoC because of hitting the limit?

Also though, I would like to point out that your statement is irrelevant to a lot of us. You're sitting on 200ex+ of gear and so your viewpoint is much different from what most of us will see/experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info