[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

Another quick question. What is your crit chance unbuffed without any power charges? Also, I messed up when I was leveling and wasn't paying attention and killed all bandits in merc... So I need to change that, which will be expensive. Is it really worth it to have 6 power charges over the 5 that I have now?
Very nice guide indeed.

Since of patch 1.3.0 i had some problems with mana regen since they nerfed it..but i found a nice way to fix it...there are 3 nodes right under shadow.."thrill killer" group..anyway they give u 20 mana on kill..if u can afford those 3 skill points u go for that or remove 1 life nod and 2 att speed and ur mana problem is gone.

Also can u guys tell me ur resists..i have 115/110/115..(in merci)...curently using 3 resist nodes under scion that give u 18 to each res..dont know if i rly need them or not..tell me what u guys think

My gear:
Last edited by Gorgonette on Dec 17, 2014, 12:15:42 PM
coc didnt rly get nerfed...it had 0.01s delay now it has 0.05..and the delay is only there so that the same skill gem cannot be proced 2 times on same crit..

Here:
Cooldown Time: When a supported spell is successfully cast, it and all supported spells of the same name are put on cooldown for 50 milliseconds. This means that a given spell can only trigger once per critical strike, and reduces the effect of linking multiple copies of the same spell to this support (especially when it is at a higher gem level). It is important to note that this cooldown does not apply to the gem as whole; you can trigger multiple spells within the 50 millisecond cooldown time as long as they are different.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Crit

So u can still cast 2 gems in 0.05 seconds which is 40skills per second....and ur crit or chance to cast (on coc gem) doesnt allow u to be that fast to cast 40 skills per second anyway so no nerf that affects coc in any real way
Last edited by Gorgonette on Dec 17, 2014, 12:09:40 PM
is this build still ueber atziri viable ?
Can you use a dagger as a main weapon instead for the final build? Barrage gives massive desync :(
Answers a questions, albeit, a bit out of order.

62.3% Chance to Crit without Power Charges, 95% Chance to Crit with Power Charges.
Yes, absolutely worth it to have the extra Power Charge. You'll lose around 5-6% Crit Chance without it.

The build is still uber-atziri viable, there's just less damage so the fight is longer. You'll need a helm with life. I recommend 4.5-5k+ HP for her.

Yes, 1.3 did nerf CoC, esp. with the 40/60 spread on Barrage hits. I cast around 50-75% of the spells I used to. I will be adding a section to the guide regarding attack speed breakpoints. They are <1.49APS or <2.9APS, assuming Barrage/GMP follows the 40/60 rule (40% of attack time is charge up, 60% is projectiles hitting.)

My resists are 158 Fire, 171 Cold, 168 Light TOTAL. In merc, they are 98/111/108 (84/84/84) respectively. Chaos is -35% in Merc. Your gear isn't bad, but you still have plenty of upgrading to do, which can be seen as a good thing!

No, using a Dagger is a completely different build. The strong point of Barrage is that it is really strong vs. single targets; much stronger than ST could ever hope to be unless they are standing infront of an ocean of adds. You CAN do it, but the tree differs and its generally less effective (esp. for Atziri).
Which buffs are you running Terrornoid? I can cast 3 purities (ice/fire/lightining) and have then 77% resist to all elements and herald of ice OR herald of lightining to add some dmg but then i can not use haste and my question is if there is a way to run 5 - 6 buffs simultaneously? My resists from gear are to low to only run haste and both herald of ice/thunder.

Linked reduced mana are lvl 18 and 19
Can this be done on hardcore? Maybe taking acro/phase acro for extra safety? I want to respec my crit EE trapper into CoC, but im not sure if its viablee on HC. Thank you.
I use Purity of Fire, Ice, and Lightning and Herald of Thunder. I don't think there is any way to comfortably run more than that unless you are the actual Shatter Chuck build (its lowlife.)

I suppose there is some variation of this build that would be better suited to hardcore, but I'd say this version is too risky. You can try it if you are very patient and like a challenge.
Okay so i theorycrafted a bit and came up with this variation:
http://poeurl.com/y9xWIuU
Im playing on bloodlines currently, will respec probably when i hit lvl 85.

I also want to try kinetic blast instead of barrage, have you tried it? It also makes chroming volls much cheaper.
Also im thinking about using slower high crit wand, it will make me able to respec some crit nodes and use Starkonja's Head or high life + resist rare helmet.

Since i dont have 5l volls for now, ill use Kinetic + GMP/lifeleech + CoC + Arc/cold snap
Arc + Cold snap seems good for maps and i can probably respec shadow projectile nodes into more life or inner force for +max res from purities.
Or use tabula with standart setup.

Also i plan to craft cold leech on my wand, maybe even paired with cold doryani belt. If i end up using pure cold spells like cold snap/arctic breath, i probably can swap Purity of fire to Herald of ice.

What do you guys think? Lets theorycraft hc variation together!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info