Guess the next buffs ,nerfs and content :)

"
softness91 wrote:
NERF STRONGBOXES' ICE NOVA

...OR NERF IT THAT ICE NOVA CAN`T CRIT / FROZE YOU...RLY.
"
Tempada wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
nerf:
1.crit
2.coil
3.dagger crit
4.tornado shot
5.puncture

Lightning Coil? Really? The only reason that chest is so widely-used (at least in hardcore) is that armour is so bad.

first, Im just guessing the nerfs

but coil is pretty op, and the worst thing it leaves no choice really.

its used so widely because its so good. its at least 30% physical dmg mitigation with no real downsides (not even -max light res downside). you can stack coil with evasion, block, ondars, and so on.
it doesnt require much investment, at all. even its stats arent bad, it has life and ok armor eva values

think about it, someone who invested bunch of nodes in endurance charges and has 7 of them, has 28% reduction when all of them are up. coil without purity of lightning gives you 30%.

its the easiest and cheapest form of physical defense you can get, and its always on unlike immortal call or endurance charges. and all you need is the item.
Ice Nova from strongboxes is the most op shit right now. A friend of mine got 1 shot with 81 cold resist and 4k6 life. NERRRRRFFFFFF HAMMER
Nerf:

-base crit on daggers
-remove crit implicit from bows
-attack speed on ambushers
-slightly lower damage effectiveness in Tornado Shot
-lower crit multiplier values on gems and items

Buff:

-left side of the tree, it sucks for dps
"
grepman wrote:

think about it, someone who invested bunch of nodes in endurance charges and has 7 of them, has 28% reduction when all of them are up. coil without purity of lightning gives you 30%.

its the easiest and cheapest form of physical defense you can get

Not really? For one, CWDT only takes the links required to get it, and it's full mitigation, not 30%, and can be kept up indefinitely. For another, 40% dodge is 40% of all damage you don't need to worry about (just need to take care of dmg spikes).

If the game's going to continue to be built around 10-20k hits from some mobs, then coil's not an issue at all. Armour, however... It's awful. If we must continue with the bizarre 'it'll stop a sword hitting you but not a truck' theory, then armour needs to be changed to not show a % dmg reduction because it's simply untrue. I'd prefer just a flat dmg reduction from armour so we can at least plan around what may or may not blat us.

Edit: oh, and sorry, endurance charges are not directly comparable to coil imo. They're additive to anything else you use, which will most likely be armour (so 29% reduction from 7 charges plus 30k armour vs brutus !)
Last edited by davidnn5 on Nov 19, 2014, 4:52:22 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

its the easiest and cheapest form of physical defense you can get

Not really? For one, CWDT only takes the links required to get it, and it's full mitigation, not 30%, and can be kept up indefinitely. For another, 40% dodge is 40% of all damage you don't need to worry about (just need to take care of dmg spikes).

If the game's going to continue to be built around 10-20k hits from some mobs, then coil's not an issue at all. Armour, however... It's awful. If we must continue with the bizarre 'it'll stop a sword hitting you but not a truck' theory, then armour needs to be changed to not show a % dmg reduction because it's simply untrue. I'd prefer just a flat dmg reduction from armour so we can at least plan around what may or may not blat us.

Edit: oh, and sorry, endurance charges are not directly comparable to coil imo. They're additive to anything else you use, which will most likely be armour (so 29% reduction from 7 charges plus 30k armour vs brutus !)

you need to invest in dodge, nodes and such. also, please note that dodge (if you referring to acro) isnt 40% of all damage, its only against attacks (phase acro is 30%). which is why everyone who doesnt have a coil and does evasion is scared shitless of evangelists and physical spells in general.

cwdt, yeah I agree, with that said its not as nearly as reliable. it can screw you over in situations you wish you were manually casting IC

the endurance charge comparison was just to show how powerful coil is.
but coil is ALSO additive with everything else. coil doesnt stop you from stacking evasion, purities, acro, etc, etc. it stops you from stacking tons of armour but thats about it

coil combined with evasion is extremely powerful because it effectively removes the only weakness evasion had.

its so good its damn near the bis chest for evasion builds.
Expected by me based on highly upvoted reddit topics and very popular subjects in GD:

Buff:
- two-handers (far inferior in defence comparing to any 1h+shield and DW, less usability/usefulness than bows)
- marauder and templar starting zone
- implicit mods added to more weapons
- armor mechanics
- shock nova
- masters exp gain in high lvl maps
- maaaybe some new weapon types (like crossbows)
- sceptres' melee properties (or perhaps they're simply overshadowed by daggers)

Nerf:
- daggers
- harbinger's implicit mod
- crit/crit multi
- tornado shot (overused as fuck, not because it's completely new and everyone wanted to try it out, but because it's too strong especially with LMP/GMP)
- shadow starting zone (I mean... just compare it to templar's)
- ondar's guile
- bleed resistance added to unique monsters
"
grepman wrote:
its so good its damn near the bis chest for evasion builds.

Physical damage is rarely scary when you dodge, evade, or block most things. Yes, physical spell damage is scary, but that's what Phase Acrobatics, Atziri's Step, or spell block are for. Lightning Coil is overkill, not op.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Nov 19, 2014, 6:41:56 PM
2 handers and elem weapon damage needs serious buff, those builds are the worse and non existent.

nerf low life and shavs to be comparable to ci es builds.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
unsane69 wrote:

Lol. You're aware the entire genre is build around continous gearchecks?

/ot

The only thing I'm aware of is me beating Uber with three different toons on self found gear. Granted I am an old player and I do have strong finds but it was nothing insane.
No 600 ex retarded CoC shit, no Snapshoting. Gear is required but it's not enough. You need to be experienced too.
People are just crying and crying for the nerfs on their favorite copied build of the week. As I said. I couldn't care less
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info