FORUM SHOPS TO AUCTION HOUSES

"
Wayne1 wrote:
All I want is to sell ONE item a day not a lot to ask. Everyone will place their best item to sell what ever that may be, this can be restricted further by making the item only available when in game or enhanced by allowing more items say 4 a day, have a buy out price and a offer or auction price which the seller can except with the click of a button.

I can not see any reason why this can not be done GGG stop fearing the Diablo 3 screw up and get on with it I have never sold anything in POE because I hate the current system.

Please to have the ability to sell ONE yes only ONE item a day hassle free, is that to mush to ask?

Why can't you sell one item a day now?
Because the ONE who would buy it, 'lives' 10 hours of playtime "away" in a different timezone?
Because people that may are interested dont try to contact the seller if he isnt listed as 'online'? (and it IS a huge hassle to conter this just for that one daily item; especially if you may not be online for real over your whole playtime (I "met" dozens of people that claimed to BE online but not found in game...)

And the other way around: I'd be glad to also manage to BUY one item per day ^^ But in many cases I either struck in shops/offers that are MONTH old (and have of course no available account), or sometimes I even get no respond from online (but probably afk or just busy) people...

a) poetrade, as the actual "trade base" would need to remove/ignore all shop threads that are older than ~10 days
b) it needs a ingame 'marker' for afk/busy on pm's
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
Because the ONE who would buy it, 'lives' 10 hours of playtime "away" in a different timezone?
Because people that may are interested dont try to contact the seller if he isnt listed as 'online'? (and it IS a huge hassle to conter this just for that one daily item; especially if you may not be online for real over your whole playtime (I "met" dozens of people that claimed to BE online but not found in game...)

And the other way around: I'd be glad to also manage to BUY one item per day ^^ But in many cases I either struck in shops/offers that are MONTH old (and have of course no available account), or sometimes I even get no respond from online (but probably afk or just busy) people...

a) poetrade, as the actual "trade base" would need to remove/ignore all shop threads that are older than ~10 days
b) it needs a ingame 'marker' for afk/busy on pm's

a) Poe.xyz actually has such option - "last seen".
b) Poe.xyz system is clunky, yes, that is why we need in-game system similar to this. BUT not an auction house which you can buy off-line.

Again, one item is not enough for normal people, but also it is too much, because automated bots could sell one item /per account /per day, because accounts they are free to create (meaning this limit is non-existential for bots).

In result you'd get system that hinders normal players EVEN MORE and doesn't do anything too spectacular to bots. ("Spore" DRM launch by EA much? :D)

tl;dr EVERYTHING that is automated is out of question, meaning that every option has to be "manual trading with both people being online".
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Nov 21, 2014, 7:20:48 AM
"
Perq wrote:
a) Poe.xyz actually has such option - "last seen".

this doesnt mean anything. It doesnt 'help' if the offeror lost the interest to maintain his shop or even is regulary online ("seen") in other leagues since 'ages'. (The need to update the shop post to stay listed doesnt solve all issues - but what could do better?)
"
Perq wrote:
has to be "manual trading with both people being online".

and 'both people online' is the greatest crap that can happen under 'online' conditions:
its just like a RL webshop that only serves as a showcase window but neither provide a basket nor even any reliable information about "shopping hours". It just doesnt work together in a system that covers 24 hours of timezones.

There may be issues (*) with bots infiltrating - but thats a part I have no influence in (as a potential buyer)... and keeping 80% of the players away from fair trades doesnt offer a solution.

(*) maybe less than expected: if flippers are not longer "needed" to overcome a time gap: wouldnt this mean that value and price of (comparable) items become just simply more consitent and equal? Down with the price gap driven from flippers = no use, no gain, no future for flip bots...
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Nov 21, 2014, 7:52:31 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

and 'both people online' is the greatest crap that can happen under 'online' conditions:
its just like a RL webshop that only serves as a showcase window but neither provide a basket nor even any reliable information about "shopping hours". It just doesnt work together in a system that covers 24 hours of timezones.

Yes, but you can't set a bot in RL shop, buying all the stuff shop has to offer, if it is underpriced, and setting it back up in that shop for a higher price, can you?

This is the issue, and even if it is "greatest crap that can happen under 'online' conditions", it is the crap GGG has to deal with, and there is no way around that (or is there?). Saying it is bad won't help solving the problem, so unless you have a good way around that, I'd recommend stop saying that it sucks :-P. We all know that.
"
Perq wrote:
Yes, but you can't set a bot in RL shop, buying all the stuff shop has to offer, if it is underpriced, and setting it back up in that shop for a higher price, can you?

isnt this exactly how stock market economy works: buy cheap, wait, and sell with gain? It IS the RL we dont want in POE... ^^
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

isnt this exactly how stock market economy works: buy cheap, wait, and sell with gain? It IS the RL we dont want in POE... ^^

I think we have enough "Path of Stock Market Simulator" QQ now. Bringing it to the next level won't help. :-S. Also, no, this is not how it works. You cannot fully automate that. There are people involved and shit. AND this is not life, nor job. Its a game you play for fun, lol. If you want to play trading game, do so, use your skills, trade with people. But if you want to compete with bots, well, good luck with that. (read this, posted on page 5 of this thread)

What would be the case is that you could just set up your bots, and make money "passively". Account got banned? Make another one. They are free.
Last edited by Perq on Nov 21, 2014, 8:02:16 AM
"
Perq wrote:
and there is no way around that (or is there?). Saying it is bad won't help solving the problem, so unless you have a good way around that, I'd recommend stop saying that it sucks :-P. We all know that.

Obviously, I cant offer a solution without knowledge about the possibilities to detect botting, even more as we not know how the announced trade system will/could work at all. If it were as 'easy' as server-patching within minutes ^^ GGG would have it done since ages.

But that doesnt change that 'reminders' are needed to seek for a way to really improve it. There are people like me that DONT accept the actual situation forever... I'm pissed off from the things these fucked up 'economy' forces me to.
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

Obviously, I cant offer a solution without knowledge about the possibilities to detect botting, even more as we not know how the announced trade system will/could work at all. If it were as 'easy' as server-patching within minutes ^^ GGG would have it done since ages.

But that doesnt change that 'reminders' are needed to seek for a way to really improve it. There are people like me that DONT accept the actual situation forever... I'm pissed off from the things these fucked up 'economy' forces me to.

Ye, trade is in fact only possible due to existence of poe.xyz. I'd quit long ago if not for that. And I think that should be GGG's main focus now, not some fancy new content. Most people doesn't want to bother with tedious trading PoE offers now, and I'm not really surprised by that. Revolutionary trading system turned into a cancer, tbh :-S

We, however, have some information on how it would work. From like a half a year ago ;_________;. (or more?)
"
think we have enough "Path of Stock Market Simulator" QQ now. Bringing it to the next level won't help. :-S. Also, no, this is not how it works. You cannot fully automate that. There are people involved and shit. AND this is not life, nor job. Its a game you play for fun, lol. If you want to play trading game, do so, use your skills, trade with people. But if you want to compete with bots, well, good luck with that. (read this, posted on page 5 of this thread)

so on this side you say that introducing automatic trading you say that people wont play the game anymore but rather trade all day long.
on the other hand you say that this isnt a job and we should keep the current system where everyone can just play?
you know... even with an auction house you can just play...

also:
the auction house in diablo 3 didnt fit because of the way the game was designed. it was basicly designed FOR the auction house. this is not the case for PoE where selffound is far easyer possible (and in races even incentivised) and trading is an option, not a need.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info