FORUM SHOPS TO AUCTION HOUSES

i already told u why ppl spend rm. i dont agree with it and when i played d3 ah only went one way for mw...deposits into my paypal.. i pay my dues in game and enjoy every minute of it or i wouldnt do it. :)
Git R Dun!
Of course the reason there are so many mispriced items for bots and players to "flip" is because GGG have deliberately hobbled the economy so that the market doesn't function properly. My understanding is that this is to protect against inflation and rapid progress rather than "flipping" or other inevitable consequences of deliberately broken markets.

If there was an efficient way to connect buyers and sellers and transparent and easy to access pricing then the flippers and bots would go away and prices would be lower for everyone. Although I would suggest an exchange not an auction house.

It would also be far less annoying and remove a major hassle from the game (which some people do enjoy).
"

Wait, what ? PoE is a competetive game ? :D Good joke thanks. Made my day lol.

Unless you play completely self-found, you are in an economic competition imposed by GGG.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
whoever thinks it isnt competitive is somehow playing a different game then me and supposedly is on the wrong forums.

and for everyone that still doesnt get why offline trading or auction house would be BAD for everyone, read this again:

"
Perq wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:

If you have enough currency, you can pretty much buy every worthy unique that pop up in the auction house (bot will always be first) that is lower than your price, and then set it for your (high) price. Want that windripper you always wanted? You better prepare 50ex, because all of cheaper ones were bought by bots. (This is just an example, but this is what it would pretty much look like).

This is what GGG wants to avoid, and this is what was downfall of D3 auction house. Greedy people with their bots. AFAIK, GGG wants a system that allows you to trade from the site-level, but it will still need both people to be online. Not sure if it solves the bot problem tho.
It is not "fail system", you just fail to see bigger consequences in what you are asking.
"
Tom7i wrote:

I just read that article...

For all of the detail it goes into, the part about it that made me laugh the hardest was

"
In other words, there weren’t enough places to spend your gold where it would be removed from the economy forever, making the gold you find more valuable. Crafting quickly became almost obsolete, repair costs were laughable...

And yet, if the D3 general forums were to be believed, that sink was the END OF THE GAME because IT WAS COSTING ME ALL MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!@#$!

Public Game Forums: Where the only truth is what is in your head at any given moment.

And yet, the farming bots...

"
Specifically the part which says that they are doing everything they can to ensure a fair playing environment and to remove cheaters. And not just any cheaters, but the ones most responsible for discouraging the large majority of the players who left the game disappointed

I mean, obviously, the people screwing up the AH are what caused the majority of the people playing to leave... and not that, according to Blizz themselves, 95-ish% of the people that bought the game only played through Normal, maybe on a couple different chars, and that was it...

...and the remaining "diehards" major cry was the lack of variance in builds and items, not their ability to acquire them.

I have no love for D3, but nothing like a nostalgic trip down Jaded Lane to remind me why I hate people on the Internet in general :)
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Nov 19, 2014, 5:07:45 PM
A trading system like steam would be good, can send and receive offers. If you could work that in with the trading forums so people can only offer on items you have for sale, and would keep the forums alive.
Last edited by ChuckUpIdiot on Nov 19, 2014, 5:34:27 PM
All I want is to sell ONE item a day not a lot to ask. Everyone will place their best item to sell what ever that may be, this can be restricted further by making the item only available when in game or enhanced by allowing more items say 4 a day, have a buy out price and a offer or auction price which the seller can except with the click of a button.

I can not see any reason why this can not be done GGG stop fearing the Diablo 3 screw up and get on with it I have never sold anything in POE because I hate the current system.

Please to have the ability to sell ONE yes only ONE item a day hassle free, is that to mush to ask?
My fear is there will never be a functioning trade system because auction house. I don't care if they put in a captcha or make me answer a 10 question quiz, if I can't get an available item at the time I want it, when I know it's available, the fear of auction house has defeated fun.

Auction house auction house auction house!
"
davidnn5 wrote:
My fear is there will never be a functioning trade system because auction house. I don't care if they put in a captcha or make me answer a 10 question quiz, if I can't get an available item at the time I want it, when I know it's available, the fear of auction house has defeated fun.

Auction house auction house auction house!

your inability to wait has defeated fun, not the design. patience my friend, patience and the ability to adapt to circumstances will bring you very far in life. get those qualities while youre young. dont blame the system, blame yourself.
"
Wayne1 wrote:
All I want is to sell ONE item a day not a lot to ask. Everyone will place their best item to sell what ever that may be, this can be restricted further by making the item only available when in game or enhanced by allowing more items say 4 a day, have a buy out price and a offer or auction price which the seller can except with the click of a button.

I can not see any reason why this can not be done GGG stop fearing the Diablo 3 screw up and get on with it I have never sold anything in POE because I hate the current system.

Please to have the ability to sell ONE yes only ONE item a day hassle free, is that to mush to ask?

Except for accounts in PoE are free, meaning any limit on /per account is out of importance.
Also, being able to only set out ONE item per day... seriously, does that really solve ANY problem at all? People having 15+ more stash tabs full of items, and you want to sell one at a time?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info