FORUM SHOPS TO AUCTION HOUSES

AH will destroy the game...

who didnt remenber diablo 3 ? when ppl farmed all day auction house because it was the way to make money, instead of play the game.

it will be same in poe if they made an ah

Trading with other player its the best for a game like this
Poor trading system!! Ah using in game currency is not bad! Rage quit wtf is that trade chat lol and people will scam you or buy half price from noobs! Rage quit lol
I can't be bothered to start up a new league knowing it will be almost impossible to find buyers for even great items without having to forum camp for days.
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
I can't be bothered to start up a new league knowing it will be almost impossible to find buyers for even great items without having to forum camp for days.

procurment+poe xyz and u dont waste time.

if u dont sell ur item its because its not great or because its overpriced
Here's what I think would be just swell.

Create a new "town" or region where players can setup a vending booth/carpet. As long as the user stands next to the booth, it remains active. The trade off of course, if as long as the booth is active, the player is unable to fight mobs, etc. GGG could also implement a fee (for example, 1 fusing orb per hour) to keep a booth running. I'm envisioning a buyout and offer mechanic, so the user can be AFK.

The booth would contain room for a fixed number of items. GGG could offer a microtransaction for larger vending inventory. Items could range from gear to currency items!

Offering a means for buyers to browse gear in-game and at a dedicated location would be beneficial. Imagine, the merciless act 3 party board could then resume to what it should be used for, finding a party; and the global chat would no longer be inundated with trade feeds.
Last edited by reactr on Nov 29, 2014, 12:21:09 AM
I remember when I started following this game in December 2011 that GGG said they were working on a new forum based trading system.

After 3 years I still can't decide what's more difficult for GGG to fix: desync or the trade system.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
"
velrac wrote:
I remember when I started following this game in December 2011 that GGG said they were working on a new forum based trading system.

After 3 years I still can't decide what's more difficult for GGG to fix: desync or the trade system.

fix desync is impossible, improving trade system is a long term goal like translation

"
reactr wrote:
Here's what I think would be just swell.

Create a new "town" or region where players can setup a vending booth/carpet.

like lineage 2 best mmo ever made <3
Last edited by keta on Nov 29, 2014, 6:00:39 PM
Can you guys stop the "AH will destroy the game bullshit"?

You can already flip all day long, and it's already the best way to make currencies.
Yes you wouldn't get the best offers because flippers might take it or bots will take it.
Whatever, those guys will flip and add 1% to the real object price.
I don't care if I need to pay 1% more because I'm tired to alt tab, lag like a boss, message message message before buying and i'm also tired to stop mapping every 5mn to get a 1chaos trade going (when the buyer doesn't change his mind midway).

So yeah, flippers will enjoy that, they will make a bit more currencies, so what?
Besides RMT which should lead to bans...
Shavs, mirrors and GG item prices will rise, maybe... Maybe they will be more people able to do mirrorable items and some prices will drop.
Big deal. That's impacting like 0.01% of the items in the market.

On the other hand everybody will be able to trade efficiently, the big big hassle in this game will be totally gone. More items to trade too.

Prices might drop a bit too because today lots of people are too lazy to do all the shit you need to do to sell something. Well a guildmate told me once "don't want to do a shop, looks too much like work". So yeah this is a game, it's supposed to be enjoyable, not a chore. So if it drop prices and sells are shared between everybody and not centered around people who have 2hours/week to spend to maintain a shop (I do it but I surely hate it), well thumbs up for me.

Totally worth it.
"
Can you guys stop the "AH will destroy the game bullshit"?

You can already flip all day long, and it's already the best way to make currencies.
Yes you wouldn't get the best offers because flippers might take it or bots will take it.
Whatever, those guys will flip and add 1% to the real object price.
I don't care if I need to pay 1% more because I'm tired to alt tab, lag like a boss, message message message before buying and i'm also tired to stop mapping every 5mn to get a 1chaos trade going (when the buyer doesn't change his mind midway).

So yeah, flippers will enjoy that, they will make a bit more currencies, so what?
Besides RMT which should lead to bans...
Shavs, mirrors and GG item prices will rise, maybe... Maybe they will be more people able to do mirrorable items and some prices will drop.
Big deal. That's impacting like 0.01% of the items in the market.

On the other hand everybody will be able to trade efficiently, the big big hassle in this game will be totally gone. More items to trade too.

Prices might drop a bit too because today lots of people are too lazy to do all the shit you need to do to sell something. Well a guildmate told me once "don't want to do a shop, looks too much like work". So yeah this is a game, it's supposed to be enjoyable, not a chore. So if it drop prices and sells are shared between everybody and not centered around people who have 2hours/week to spend to maintain a shop (I do it but I surely hate it), well thumbs up for me.

Totally worth it.

Sick necro
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
Sick necro

Hmmm I have to admit you're right on that one, totally didn't see that I was answering to something 2 months old.

I usually only read the posts of the first page.
Probably just got redirected from another post or a reddit post to that one.

And then my rage against current system spoke for itself ^^.
I'm praying to all the poe gods that this AH magically appears soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info