FORUM SHOPS TO AUCTION HOUSES

I like the way you can get almost any item you desire from using the forum shops, using the shop indexer makes it very easy.
The only downside is trying to negotiate times to meet and trade (when trading with offline players)

My question :-

Is there any likelyhood of an auction room system like on WOW some time in the future, i feel it would make trading so much easier for both seller and buyer.
Not sure how hard this would be to impliment, but i feel it may make it easier for noobs like me to get the items they need quicker.

So could it be a possibility in the future?
Would people want it, or do they prefer the shop/trade system that we have now?

They are working on a new trading system but they are trying their very hardest to make it as unlike an auction house as they can. It is likely there will be no buyouts and will only be slightly better than the system we currently have. In case you didn't know "auction house" is a bad word now.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
They are working on a new trading system

LOL!!!
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Imagine GGG would introduce a real auction house. If this would turn out not so well the whole gaming industry would gather to collectively facepalm at GGG, after the D3 fiasco.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
They are working on a new trading system but they are trying their very hardest to make it as unlike an auction house as they can. It is likely there will be no buyouts and will only be slightly better than the system we currently have. In case you didn't know "auction house" is a bad word now.

This will likely kill it for me. Trading now is horrid, and so many people dont even make shops or try to sell most items because doing it in forums makes them scared or semething, lol.

The new system NEEDS BUYOUTS, and offline trading, without these its just a fail system anyways.

Oh and to add, i pretty much have given up on this ever happening.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Last edited by MasterAxe on Nov 18, 2014, 2:12:06 PM
I could imagine a system like DAoC had. Everybody had a vendor at their house with limited slots. There they could put in items to sell for a set buyout price. if it was to high for you you just texted the guy if he would accept another price. its a bit like the system now but think about it this way.

In your hideout you got a npc where you can put stuff to sell in. For the buyers theres some guy hidden in act 1 near the end. some kind of trading guy with a wodden cart and stuff. there you could search for items and find them.

in daoc there was a fee of 20% if you bought directly from the vendor and didnt spend time actually walking to the damn house. but this would be silly in poe. the system is there hidden in the forums and 3rd party sites like poe.xyz

just use it
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
They are working on a new trading system

LOL!!!

I am living comfortably in denial. Please don't ruin it.
"
Hamstaa wrote:
I could imagine a system like DAoC had. Everybody had a vendor at their house with limited slots. There they could put in items to sell for a set buyout price. if it was to high for you you just texted the guy if he would accept another price. its a bit like the system now but think about it this way.

In your hideout you got a npc where you can put stuff to sell in. For the buyers theres some guy hidden in act 1 near the end. some kind of trading guy with a wodden cart and stuff. there you could search for items and find them.

in daoc there was a fee of 20% if you bought directly from the vendor and didnt spend time actually walking to the damn house. but this would be silly in poe. the system is there hidden in the forums and 3rd party sites like poe.xyz

just use it

POE.XYZ is NOT the answer. Its a helpful tool NOW yes, but even with that trading can still be such a drag.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
trading can use significant improvement yes, but it will be very difficult to implement a new system successfully when there are so many factors and unknown outcomes to consider. you dont want to screw up the market or economy as a consequence and people will for sure look fir ways to abuse a new system.

ggg will have to tread very very carefully if they are going to do something in this area, its better to leave the way it is now and accept the inefficiencies rather than risk having much bigger problems down the road.. especially when the market and ecomonic stability means so much to them, the game and most of us.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
trading can use significant improvement yes, but it will be very difficult to implement a new system successfully when there are so many factors and unknown outcomes to consider. you dont want to screw up the market or economy as a consequence and people will for sure look fir ways to abuse a new system.

ggg will have to tread very very carefully if they are going to do something in this area, its better to leave the way it is now and accept the inefficiencies rather than risk having much bigger problems down the road.. especially when the market and ecomonic stability means so much to them, the game and most of us.

While I think the current system could use an improvement, possible abuse is indeed very concerning. If the system could be exploited by bots for example it could bring down all of the economy in hours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info