FORUM SHOPS TO AUCTION HOUSES

"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
I'm not oblivious to it, and neither is GGG. You should read up on their stance on the subject.

Ain't happening.

Link please? As far as not happening thats cool I enjoy game on it's face. Dont need this venue. Would be better with it IMO is all.

Chris's post on RMT can be found here. There are plenty of games that offer pay to win for those who want it, but its not a model that's good for a competitive environment (for obvious reasons) and this is why we resist it where possible in Path of Exile.

Wait, what ? PoE is a competetive game ? :D Good joke thanks. Made my day lol.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Nov 19, 2014, 12:16:21 AM
"
Hopefully it will help to keep the slime balls away.

The current system attracts these people more than sanctioned RMT.

PoE is considered an RMT haven by lots of people.

When something is 'illegal' you get more bang for your buck because risk is taken into account when determining cost.

Hypothetically, if RMT was fair game you could charge $1000 for a mirror and that would be fine. You could be patient and sell it at whatever pace you were comfortable with.

With RMT being frowned upon you are in a rush to sell the mirror and will take what you can get for it and avoid being caught.

Obviously the numbers are off, but you get the idea.

The problem is how lax GGG is with RMT.

If you are the type of person who enjoys paying for an advantage with real money you get a lot further paying into a game with 'illegal' RMT.
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
They are working on a new trading system but they are trying their very hardest to make it as unlike an auction house as they can. It is likely there will be no buyouts and will only be slightly better than the system we currently have. In case you didn't know "auction house" is a bad word now.

This will likely kill it for me. Trading now is horrid, and so many people dont even make shops or try to sell most items because doing it in forums makes them scared or semething, lol.

The new system NEEDS BUYOUTS, and offline trading, without these its just a fail system anyways.

Oh and to add, i pretty much have given up on this ever happening.

Eh, I wonder how many more time we'll see this thread going all over again. But here we go.

Why did D3 auction house failed? Bots. Offline-buyout trading allows easy programming for bots, which in turn make the auction house useless, because they will pretty much do what wealthy players can do now, but bots can do it much faster, without any effort - flip.

If you have enough currency, you can pretty much buy every worthy unique that pop up in the auction house (bot will always be first) that is lower than your price, and then set it for your (high) price. Want that windripper you always wanted? You better prepare 50ex, because all of cheaper ones were bought by bots. (This is just an example, but this is what it would pretty much look like).

This is what GGG wants to avoid, and this is what was downfall of D3 auction house. Greedy people with their bots. AFAIK, GGG wants a system that allows you to trade from the site-level, but it will still need both people to be online. Not sure if it solves the bot problem tho.
It is not "fail system", you just fail to see bigger consequences in what you are asking.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Nov 21, 2014, 2:15:56 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What do you mean D3 fiasco? I cashed out $2500 I got friends who cashed out $20,000. Was good for players was good for blizzards bottom line.

I call that a win win.

Not this bullshit we got here. Only ppl making money are 3rd party RMT sites. Not GGG not players.

AH was ahead of its time. Hope it comes here.I love trading. Would love it more if I could profit RL from it. Not to mention can buy and sell stuff if player is offline and items always get market value under open bidding.

It was SO GOOD that they had to take it off, because they started to lose their playerbase. You know where you "cash out"? In a job. D3 was supposed to be a game, for fun, not a fucking job. Not a place for poor to work, and for rich to have fun (and spend shitload of money for Blezord). AH wasn't ahead of its time - it was the worst manipulative, greedy money machine everyone hated.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Good for them. Or the rich guy who's wife only lets him play one hour a week. As long as they are having fun who am I to say?

Look some ppl are full of envy, greed, keeping up with jones' and will spend real money for it - why not take advantage of them? Everyone wins. They feel better with pacifier in their mouths - traders make money - GGG would make money.

Rofl, how old are you, actually? "who's wife only lets him play one hour a week". I don't even.

Taking advantage of such people's weaknesses is disgraceful and bad in general, and I think GGG is opposed to that. Want to play such game? You have plenty of these nowadays. Just look around. We don't NEED or WANT another one here.

Is money all you can think about?
haha i was thinking of my older brother when i wrote that. bought me d3 so we could play together then i never saw him. wife wants to go to movies wife wants me to do xyz.. anyways ofc i am exaggerating.

why would i go anywhere i like this game. just offered my imput on improving it imo of course. no i didnt play for profit just came from system blizz set up and i was happy for it.

taking advantage is wrong word..you are providing a service like anything else. in d3 case gear they could find more enjoyment with.

after reading that post i see sanctioned rmt wont come here and fine with that
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 19, 2014, 7:08:23 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
wife wants me to do xyz..

Actually its poe.trade now.

*giggle*
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
"
Perq wrote:
Why did D3 auction house failed? Bots. Offline-buyout trading allows easy programming for bots, which in turn make the auction house useless, because they will pretty much do what wealthy players can do now, they would have to make much to do so - flip.

Pretty much this. I encourage anyone who would like to see a fully automated auction house with offline sale mode to read this article and think hard about what would happen in a FREE to play game with such a system installed.

You see, as someone who occasionally trades stuff and now also has a shop set up, i also wholeheartedly agree that the forum thread + poe.xyz system is somewhat clunky, tedious and you have to put in a certain degree of time and energy to get & sell what you want, but guess what - it works in the very same way for trade-botters like that guy in the linked article: they can't easily program bots to search and automatically buy the best-rolled items on poe.xyz becouse sometimes the sellers aren't online and when they are, you still need to contact them personally to get the item and pay them the price for it.

The very same thing that hinders quick and easy trading also hinders quick and easy trade-botting which is a good thing imho. I'll even go as far as saying that if we can get more anti-bot safety this way, i'd even prefer the current system to any kind of automatised one. My 2 cents
Not playing because of the trading hassle.
Now the new "content" will be PVP - i couldnt care less - wont start new season :(
Please give us hope after working on the new Trading-System for a year now...
great read thanks for link. d3 ah had its share of problems but i think banking laws forced it offline. not any purist motivations.

Spoiler
I took my time in the beginning but played on and remember well the good old days of super hard inferno, when this was the prevalent tactic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyk63UaBI4

What glorious days those were! I would even argue that this inferno was much more fun and challenging than just plowing through a ton of mobs at full speed in short runs where the only challenge is how fast are you going to clear an areas
werd i allmost quit with carebear 1.3 patch...kripp did quit and came here.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 19, 2014, 7:25:31 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
great read thanks for link. d3 ah had its share of problems but i think banking laws forced it offline. not any purist motivations.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/19/diablo-iii-blizzard-online-auction/

Nope.gif

Yes, there we go - "BUT IN POE YOU CNA BUY ITAMZ TOO" - yes, either by in-game currency (kill monsters, sell GEAR YOU FIND) or RMT (illegal). If you RMT, then you actually have no reason to kill any monsters at all... because what you are spending, is real money, so there is no reason for you to play the game. In-game currency is gathered only (in theory) by playing the game so, yeah.

If people want to RMT, because they want to not play the game... well. :-V

New Trading System (soon™) is about allowing you the "sell gear you find" part easier, but not automated.

"
haha i was thinking of my older brother when i wrote that. bought me d3 so we could play together then i never saw him. wife wants to go to movies wife wants me to do xyz.. anyways ofc i am exaggerating.

I'm not judging, but his life decisions have nothing to do with how PoE should look like. Sorry :-V.

Anyways, EVEN if it was a real argument, here is my counter argument - why would he want to buy items with real money? Isn't the point of playing a game... playing a game? D-: Make a new char along with him, and play. Early game being dull is a problem that GGG has to deal with, yes, but RMT is not the answer. :-S

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info