Do we expect too much from GGG?

As to put my two cents in, and answer your initial post question. Is yes I think we expect to much from GGG. I think as humans we expect to much of others in general. We are quick to make judgement and to take matters in our own hands by burning the witch at the steak. Rather then reserve judgement for the ones who make the final decision on these matters. We are quick to point the finger and to throw the first stone. This is a matter left better to the ones who knows what really happen and what the out come should be, because of said actions in question. What ever the ruling is and what will be. I for one believe they (GGG) will make the right decision. I fully support there actions and think they are fully capable of making the right decision. Whether you or I like it or not! It will the best for the community and the game as a whole!
Last edited by Gilant182 on Nov 18, 2014, 7:00:53 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
If the road to hell s paved with good intentions, then GGG is building a superhighway. They work SO hard to deliver a quality game, yet all anyone ever seems capable of talking about is the (relatively benign) problems with PoE. GGG is possibly the most engaged, ethical, and genuinely nice buncha game developers out there. Do they bite off more than they can chew? Constantly. Do they screw up sometimes? Naturally. Do they own up to and correct the mistakes they can? Automatically.

GGG has spoiled us. Shame on them, right? =^[.]^=

Pretty much this.
IGN : @Morgoth
I expect them to address longstanding technical issues before devoting a lot of resources to new content on a shaky foundation. Don't know if that's asking too much, but I certainly don't get their priorities.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
If the road to hell s paved with good intentions, then GGG is building a superhighway. They work SO hard to deliver a quality game, yet all anyone ever seems capable of talking about is the (relatively benign) problems with PoE. GGG is possibly the most engaged, ethical, and genuinely nice buncha game developers out there. Do they bite off more than they can chew? Constantly. Do they screw up sometimes? Naturally. Do they own up to and correct the mistakes they can? Automatically.

GGG has spoiled us. Shame on them, right? =^[.]^=

Couldn't agree more with this statement!
Nice and refreshing to see!
The loss of perspective surrounding this issue is astounding.

Yes, if you took advantage of the exploit, you should be permabanned. Period.

But, economy is RUINED now because of MASSIVE exploit abuse? Are you fucking kidding me right now?

This is another example of something that realistically only affected people who can afford mirrorgear, which is (I'm guessing here) a tiny fraction of a percent of people who are screaming for blood. Probably none of us in this thread.

There was no duping, the people who did it got banned, and a fix is in the pipeline. How was this handled incorrectly again??
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Hardly a quality game but hey to each his own right .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The cheat hurt the game... a lot. The way GGG handled it hurt the game too. Giving people a ban that doesn't even affect the next round of league play isn't even a punishment. It's a vacation.

The cheating also doesn't affect the next round of the game.
A Belligerent Expert System
"
Rogomatic wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The cheat hurt the game... a lot. The way GGG handled it hurt the game too. Giving people a ban that doesn't even affect the next round of league play isn't even a punishment. It's a vacation.

It certainly does. Many players will simply refuse to play because they know they would be playing with cheaters.
I have amazingly low expectations of other people. To this day, i'm surprised GGG is keeping up with leagues, developing extra content, etc.

I really expected them to release the game, make a couple of patches, and either leave the game to rot, or sell it to another company.

Regarding the crash exploit, it doesn't bother me. Humans will always lie and cheat to get ahead, so this was no surprise to me.

I had a employee under me that was so bad at his job i threatened to make him carry a chair, follow me around, and watch me work. Simply because management couldn't understand how bad he was.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Rogomatic wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It certainly does. Many players will simply refuse to play because they know they would be playing with cheaters.

LOL. That makes as much sense as you getting off the internet, because it's full of all sorts of criminals.
A Belligerent Expert System

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info