Do we expect too much from GGG?

The recent uproar for the server crash issue got me thinking that i might stop playing this game.

I feel disgusted by the fact that i had to enslave myself to the economy to be able to successfully reach my goals ingame, while others just got everything they wanted with minimum investment. I have done it too many times now and while, when i started playing, i had a lot of motivation to farm and slowly progress in this game, this patience is now gone. Taking recent developments into account was the last straw for me.

Or so i thought. I took a step back and realised that, this game isn't perfect and because it is changing so much with each patch, it is also really hard to keep up with. GGG delivers so much content, it is outrageous. Only they know how hard and timeconsuming it is to think and develop new ideas and build upon their previous ones, keeping everything into focus; balance, economy, rmt, desync, bots etc.

So, should we judge them that hard, expecting everything to be perfect? Our perfect? It is the game "they" want to play anyway, so why bother?

Edit: Apparently the server crash was only in use for a day.

Spoiler
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Link Chris's post or it didn't happen.

Here you go

Thanks. I didn't know that, since i asked the day before and I_NO told me it has been going for a while.
Faith in GGG restored i guess.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Nov 20, 2014, 2:34:13 PM
"They want to milk cash"
Expecting a proper punishment for cheaters in a self declared "online competitive ladder game" is "too much"??
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
If the road to hell s paved with good intentions, then GGG is building a superhighway. They work SO hard to deliver a quality game, yet all anyone ever seems capable of talking about is the (relatively benign) problems with PoE. GGG is possibly the most engaged, ethical, and genuinely nice buncha game developers out there. Do they bite off more than they can chew? Constantly. Do they screw up sometimes? Naturally. Do they own up to and correct the mistakes they can? Automatically.

GGG has spoiled us. Shame on them, right? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Too many cheaters in POE to name. Most set their profiles to private. Non never gets punished.I have a list of em and refresh their profiles to see if they ever get banned.Most of them use a certain something as an advantage.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
So, should we judge them that hard, expecting everything to be perfect? Our perfect? It is the game "they" want to play anyway, so why bother?

Imho, we expect too much in general, not only from ggg. things always break, it's just a matter of time. And the more complicated they are, the more ways there usually are for them to break.

My point is, there are more important things in our life that go to hell, and we expect 100% reliablity from a game server?
"
choopk1993 wrote:
Too many cheaters in POE to name. Most set their profiles to private. Non never gets punished.I have a list of em and refresh their profiles to see if they ever get banned.Most of them use a certain something as an advantage.

What does setting profiles to private have to do with anything? Why are you so entitled to think you got the right to look up anyone's gear/build whenever you want? Also, why are you being such a stalker for?
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 18, 2014, 6:17:59 AM
The cheat hurt the game... a lot. The way GGG handled it hurt the game too. Giving people a ban that doesn't even affect the next round of league play isn't even a punishment. It's a vacation.

Cheating is bad, but toleration of it is worse. I don't expect "too much" from GGG. I expect them to keep cheaters out of their game.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
choopk1993 wrote:

What does setting profiles to private have to do with anything? Why are you so entitled to think you got the right to look up anyone's gear/build whenever you want? Also, why are you being such a stalker for?

How to do that?
Last edited by ddg314 on Nov 18, 2014, 6:23:30 AM
The problem is that there are only so many people working on the programming for this game while there's maybe ten times as many 'players' actively looking for full-blown exploits like item duping or free crafting rerolls and possibly another hundred times as many players who are looking for superpowerful builds or broken gem/item combinations.

They're eternally playing catch-up.

I recall the same thing with the City of Heroes custom mission creation system where they'd fix something people were using to easily farm experience/currency stupidly fast and just as quickly those people would work out another way to do it.

We can't judge them too harshly because they are regular people with only so many hours in a day and many different things to do.

And with that said, I support the perma-banning of these exploiters.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Nov 18, 2014, 6:37:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info