Do we expect too much from GGG?

Im all for a good derail, but im kind of curious what the devs think about the OP.

Do you just pay some guys to hide all the negativity in the feedback forum? (dont answer this, you do)

Do you think the community is fair? Do you think we should all just shut up about the obvious problems and accept the amazing job youve done on the majority of the game?

Do you guys look at your work critically? Does Chris stomp around swinging a morning star at people who let exploits get through or is it one big happy circle jerk in the office?

"just for try, for see and for know"
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Im all for a good derail, but im kind of curious what the devs think about the OP.

Do you just pay some guys to hide all the negativity in the feedback forum? (dont answer this, you do)

Do you think the community is fair? Do you think we should all just shut up about the obvious problems and accept the amazing job youve done on the majority of the game?

Do you guys look at your work critically? Does Chris stomp around swinging a morning star at people who let exploits get through or is it one big happy circle jerk in the office?

It feels like you need a hug. These aren't evil people, remember, they are just people. Mistakes happen, we have different opinions, sometimes our view points on how things should be are in conflict with each other. We can learn to disagree with people, things and actions without being insulting about it.

Mind you, I'm still in the "honeymoon phase" so I probably can't properly empathise with your feels.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
(mumbles: something something gameplay discussion)

anything can be considered belonging in one of your many subforums, so you can just move a topic that you dont like without just deleting it and create mass frustration, a la Blizzard. GGG's information control
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
(mumbles: something something gameplay discussion)

anything can be considered belonging in one of your many subforums, so you can just move a topic that you dont like without just deleting it and create mass frustration, a la Blizzard. GGG's information control

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that was directed at a certain someone whose reports are almost exclusively 'this is gameplay discussion'.
Dont know who you are talking about...
this is a real Enigma for me... but those kind of people lack of life... you should Bo em

lulz d2 puns
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
"
jdilly23 wrote:

It feels like you need a hug. These aren't evil people, remember, they are just people. Mistakes happen, we have different opinions, sometimes our view points on how things should be are in conflict with each other. We can learn to disagree with people, things and actions without being insulting about it.

Mind you, I'm still in the "honeymoon phase" so I probably can't properly empathise with your feels.

This was actually one of the handful of genuine posts ive made :/

I even said they did an amazing job with most stuff!

Ill take the hug if youre selling it for less than 5 chaos though.
"just for try, for see and for know"
I never charge for hugs! :)

As much as it sounds like a pile of shit, it really is a community that makes a game what it is, and you guys are a really good community - even with all the "constructive" feedback that goes on.

I'm going to grab my guitar and belt out a couple of rounds of Kumbaya, and we can toast some marshmallows for s'mores.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 20, 2014, 12:41:11 AM
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Spoiler
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

On-topic, I think some people do expect too much, some expect to little (and many are probably in both groups with respect to different issues). Certainly the percentage of people who claim to know how easy something is to implement or change and are actually correct is at the very least on the low side - this job has taught me a lot about not assuming I know how another person's code works and what changes make sense.
I think in many cases it isn't so much that people expect too much, but that they expected something different to what they got, and tend to take the position that what they had expected is what should have happened, or even what we actually wanted, and see what we delivered as a failure from that perspective.

If you were "Genuinely" curious, rather than simply indulging in the forum game, you'd bother to read the thread.

And as for this "necessary evil", in reference to condescending, confrontational, and just straight up insulting "feedback", thing you've been peddling lately, its bullshit, self indulgent, pseudo logic.

Its an opportunity for you to feel clever and show off to all the other kids on the playground.

Confrontational and condescending criticism only serves to undermine your own position, shut off communication with whom you are trying to criticize and make light of the things and persons you are criticizing.

Honest criticism, without candycoating, fanboism, and circle jerking is possible without the peripheral negativity.

Aside from the first 3 sentences, this post is an example of such criticism. ;)

Noblesse oblige
Last edited by Yidam_ on Nov 20, 2014, 1:25:51 AM
YEEEEEEE Go Mark that's right crit FTW never change.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Maybe I'm stupid but the 95% chance to crit is really OP. Why make a non crit build at all if you can completely faceroll a boss and your friend over there who didn't go crit has to dodge and bob and weave and run away and use his skills 1000% more than a person just standing for 3 seconds and critting the boss down completely negating any of the skill of boss fights. It's like... screw resists, screw defense, screw skill at games, just crit the boss and it's over. Stupid.
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
Last edited by Quazplum on Nov 20, 2014, 2:21:54 AM
I haven't played in a long while so obviously I'm not up with the latest craze that's oozing flavor of the month.

Which begs me to ask,what can building a non crit,non auto hit (spells),slow swinging high damage dealing skill/attack/ with no/or little secondary effect/benefit (knockback is more a hinderance to performance than a benefit) offer in return compared building crit/spell/CC ?

Can it roughly produce the damage that a spell crit build does in the same amount of time,meaning faster clear speeds and less chance of dying in hardcore?
Can it reduce the chance of being overwhelmed by numbers through CC like a spell crit build,or lock down a boss ?
What does a spell crit build sacrifice in comparison to building a non crit big hitter to justify it's advantages ?

From a gamers perspective,if building around anything else other than crit can't remotely compete then building otherwise is just gimping your build. (some players do enjoy gimped builds for flavor,lord knows I've made my share)

Be gentle,I explained at the start I'm not up with the meta so these things need to be explained to me.

GGG has always said they believe that giving great advantage should come with disadvantage.So what disadvantage does the current spell crit builds dish out in return for its' power compared to an alternate slow high damage non crit build ?

Mostly just curious to know these things as being out of the *practice* loop shrouds me in some ignorance.

=)

Last edited by Temper on Nov 20, 2014, 3:08:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info