anyone else play grim dawn?

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jB54v2*

*first draft

Dadum dadum, the next theorycrafted build. Most items are attainable, short of legs and maybe pistols ill have to settle for less good versions.

<1s doombolt cd...
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 22, 2017, 3:43:01 PM
I am sick of the cartoon crap too. When will it go away? Some of these games might be good but the graphics are a turn off.

Items are very not attainable in GD. I am spoiled from PoE where I just buy everything I want.
Censored.
"
Bolander wrote:

Wow, I have done the same, I go purifier with gunslinger style, it has some real damage but is squish (with bad gear) it seems to have potential anyway.

I don't have all my end game gear, but comparatively speaking, it's less DPS and less tanky than a sword and board Witchblade with similar gear. There might be a better build/devotion combo, but I sorta went in blind and just picked whatever. And for the record, I'm rarely successful at theorycrafting.

Last time I tried blind theorycrafting in GD was with an AAR sorcerer, and the build was complete trash compared to any tried/tested/proven CT build, and even compared to other AAR builds people posted had more DPS, and more survivability. You can fuck up in GD just as easily as you can in PoE, honestly. You can have everything else right, from points to stats, and gear, but if your devotions aren't on point, that can literally make or break your build. But generally, squishier builds need to go with tankier devotions to be viable in end game. So I went with a tankier devotion setup on my Purifier, and it's honestly doing a lot better than the initial devotion setup I was using, even if it's less DPS.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 22, 2017, 3:34:02 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Items are very not attainable in GD. I am spoiled from PoE where I just buy everything I want.
I mean, you can create items at will in GD. Not very 'fun' from my subjective point of view, but some people love to get all items asap and 'win the game'...just ask D3 RMAH
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I am sick of the cartoon crap too. When will it go away? Some of these games might be good but the graphics are a turn off.

They're plentiful what the fuck are you talking about lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
No! Crap is plentiful. If I want a certain thing I cannot have it. In PoE I buy it NOW when I want it NOW.

That complaint aired I'm enjoying GD more than before. Not sure why. Maybe I gave it more of a chance?
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
No! Crap is plentiful. If I want a certain thing I cannot have it. In PoE I buy it NOW when I want it NOW.
isnt that a good thing in a genre that cycles around grinding more to get more items to grind more items with ?
But I'm now very spoiled due to PoE. I always played games where you find your own crap.
Censored.
Trading is more convenient in Path of Exile (saying that as a VP? RIP...) than Grim Dawn, but I think outside of trading, you’re more likely to get The Thing™ in Grim Dawn. Have you tried the Crucible DLC? At higher difficulties it can give you a lot of loot, and as someone who probably spent close to a thousand hours playing Dawn of War 2’s The Last Stand mode, I absolutely love it.

It’s definitely never going to be the only mode I play - too repetitive for that - but as a fun thing on the side, I think it’s great and very much worth the cost of admission. You might need to tweak your build for it slightly, but it can be a great way of farming legendaries.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
No I don't have it but was thinking of it. When it came out I was sort of down on GD so would not buy it.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info