anyone else play grim dawn?

Pet builds are really fun in GD, I love that Primal Spirit cat that's really fast, there's lots of diversity in pets in the game.
There's a primal spirit cat? Woah. Googling it right now lol.

Dammit. I picked occultist/necromancer. Shoulda choose a shaman =/
Yeah, I love that cat, really strong, does acid and physical damage. You can get an off hand from the spirit things around Barrowholm and Ugdenbog that decreases the cooldown, also a belt blueprint from Malmouth Resistance that gives +2 to him, you can keep him summoned almost constantly.
I'm new to GD. Started playing 3 weeks ago. Copied a beginner's build that took me to elite difficulty. But I don't think ravenous earth is a very fun skill.

Woah. Didn't know about Zenith. Thanks Charan. Watching a YT review right now.

I am currently playing a Righteous Fire build in Grim Dawn(Grimarillion with Grimmest). Imagine having the dots and all of them activating procs. The end result is rather fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LZTypQvKk
"
coatofarms wrote:
There's a primal spirit cat? Woah. Googling it right now lol.

Dammit. I picked occultist/necromancer. Shoulda choose a shaman =/

Don't be sorry though, cabalist or conjurer are hands down the best pet classes and ofc both use overpowered occultist mastery. But yeah fun part about the primal spirit is that you get the full pet's juice for just 12 points while still having bonds of bysmiel + manipulation + primal bond since only the last is an exclusive skill.

Skeletons were tons of fun before the flame torrent dev skill for pets nerf. Now they feel balanced.

A tip for your current build is to buy like 100 pet oil from the rover's faction vendor since it's quite a spammable and cheap buff.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I am currently playing a Righteous Fire build in Grim Dawn(Grimarillion with Grimmest). Imagine having the dots and all of them activating procs. The end result is rather fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LZTypQvKk

How do you do RF in Grimarillion? Just curious really. I have the mod and just threw a char together to see it. Haven't even scratched the surface.
Censored.
Earth masterly plus Inquisitor

Ring of Flame and Aura of Censure. It can be started right away because Ring of Flame requires 1 point. Also Stone Form is absolutely vital. Your dots, procs and retaliation still apply while you are invulnerable and this is usually the only way to clear a mob of heroic monsters.

The rest is mostly up to taste. You can invest points in Flames of Ignaffar as a secondary source of damage like Scorching Ray or you can go pure tank. The only inflexible thing is using a shield. Going for caster offhand while in melee range in this mod is suicidal.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Apr 14, 2019, 3:43:19 PM
Ah, thanks! I have never played inquisitor.
Censored.
Best new class out of the three IMO. Can be anything from melee to a mage, can be a main or a support. The new Oathbreaker is simply not on the same level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info