anyone else play grim dawn?

That’s understandable. :)

Do you’ve the Steam version of the game? I’ve had about a tenner in my Steam Wallet for forever and a day. I’d be happy to gift it to you. You can owe me a beer for it if we ever cross paths. :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Oh, well that is kind of you! If you seriously have no use for it I would be happy to owe you a beer!

Yes I have the Steam version and anyway feel free to friend me there. Same name as here. I don't have many friends on Steam for whatever reason.
Censored.
Cool! I’m Khenmu on there.

Please forgive me for not chatting - time zone thing - I’m on a tablet atm so it’d be awkward. I’m usually online a lot, so don’t be afraid to say hi! Just hate using the iPad’s keyboard a lot.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

Don't worry, I don't chat there either. I'm usually busy playing an important game. For some reason PoE is the only game where I will sit there and chat. God knows why.
Censored.
Done!

Man, Steam sure tries to make that an oddly social thing. I tried sending it as a gift, but got an error for every field that I hadn’t filled in. Gifts are nearly as bad as signing up for Facebook. :P

----

Oh, I got it! I will try it later after dinner! I might have to tweak my build a bit but that is fine.

Thanks again! You rock!
Censored.
This game is pretty sweet! I'm some 12 levels in and it already feels like it has more build diversity than Diablo 3.

I've been too lazy to research any mechanics still though so I'm currently going pretty jack-of-all trades with Soldier/Arcanist. Physical, elemental, and poison damage all at once? It'd never fly in POE (maybe if you focused on one element and used the Council gloves), but we'll see how far I can go with it in GD.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
This game is pretty sweet! I'm some 12 levels in and it already feels like it has more build diversity than Diablo 3.

I've been too lazy to research any mechanics still though so I'm currently going pretty jack-of-all trades with Soldier/Arcanist. Physical, elemental, and poison damage all at once? It'd never fly in POE (maybe if you focused on one element and used the Council gloves), but we'll see how far I can go with it in GD.

I am glad Grim Dawn caught your interest and has made a good impression so far. :)

As for the damage types in the game, Grim Dawn is balanced around needing you to deal more than one damage type unlike PoE which you can just focus on one element (with curse and penetration) and being able wipe out everything in site. If you notice some of the active skills (even the modifiers, the ones behind the active skills benefits from more than one damage type) in the masteries gives you more than one damage type.

The reason behind it is that the enemy resistance system is much stricter than in PoE, so if you focus on one damage type and you encounter a boss that is near immune to your respective damage, you will have a really hard time. Of course, Grim Dawn does have some skills, items, passives (from masteries or devotion tree) that can reduce the resistance on enemies, but there are some that cannot be stacked with each other. I wish I can provide the reason, but I do not have the source to back it up.

Other than that, if you want to know the game a bit more, there are these websites that will help you out:

(It is still a bit incomplete since the expansion came out recently)
https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

http://www.grimtools.com/index.html
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 27, 2017, 12:51:20 AM
Yeah, I'm having a blast too. It's not the easiest game to learn but then neither was PoE.
Censored.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

As for the damage types in the game, Grim Dawn is balanced around needing you to deal more than one damage type unlike PoE which you can just focus on one element

That was the intention of developers, and they'd stated game's balanced that way. You can make many viable builds which work that way and the game supports it.

But as long as you are up to min-maxing and uber kills, quite often the best choice is to focus on a single damage type and bring it to extremes (plus its related DoT), while stacking massive amounts of RR to overcome the high resistance of monsters.

It's not a rule, as there are too many builds, but it often goes this way.
Crate are slowly removing the dependancy on RR patch after patch, but its importance is still crucial.
It was discussed many times that if they manage to get rid of RR almost completely, leaving small amounts of it just here and there, would be truly better. It will finally allow to balance monster resistances to appropriate values, and will make the building of a character along with overall gameplay experience much smoother.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Oct 27, 2017, 4:44:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info