Say one word how you feel about the farming exploit

Found a new farming exploit... if you listen to your HDD during the loading screen, you can hear shrines, masters, rogue exiles, and corrupt zones loading... and some make different noises than others.

"
LeHeup80 wrote:
Im not sure if anyone knows this exploit but I felt it was time to let you all know.

If you play consistently and to the best of your ability you will 1) have lots of fun and 2) find plenty of high enough level items to pretty much afford anything you would want to buy from the existing market, but most of all 3) you will have the satisfaction and pride in yourself essentially not playing like a bot ;P

What game is this exploit for? Sounds fun!
"just for try, for see and for know"
This just shows how bad the current system is. I really don't see the point in not including corrupted zones in maps. Farming low level zones looking for something that spawns randomly is incredibly tedious and most people just hate doing it.

I recall a couple excuses being given for this, one of them is that new players can make some currency while leveling their characters. Personally I've never finished a four piece set during leveling but considering how much they go for, this would be a very insignificant advantage.

The other reason being that it gives people a reason to go back to low level areas instead of doing maps all the time. Personally, I don't think that it is an issue that these areas become obsolete in the late game because PoE is heavily aimed towards rerolling. Most people stick to several characters and to the new leagues so the main campaign is always going to be played no matter what. I feel like this is a poor excuse and only ends up making the endgame more frustrating and rng gated than it already is.
Last edited by poiseh on Oct 31, 2014, 4:38:33 PM
trickle down economics, ggg style.

they want a way for bottom feeders to contribute to the monster.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
inb4 ggg remove those graphs
"
FadeXF wrote:
Despite being able to pin point which docks may have what spawn on it - the fact of how spread out the zone is makes this "trick" still a slow one.

I still prefer Tidal island to this method... and yes, I just tried it. And yes, I think whipping around Tidal island in like 15 seconds beats loading docks zones and then trying to locate whatever it is that just spawned.

Isn't Tidal too low level to get midnights?
IGN: Smegacore
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Here's a solution, instead of spawning these areas at creation, have them spawn like they do in the current league upon the death of enemies.
That way you still need to clear a zone before you do the corrupted stuff.

Actually, that's a really neat idea. Or it could be some sort of mod for maps, and just give beyound spawns a chance to drop a fragment.
IGN: Smegacore
"
qwertazx wrote:
inb4 ggg remove those graphs

that + removing loading sounds would actually be a good way to protect the economy
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
@jdilly, you buy the sets. It's cheaper, especially uber, and it saves you your sanity.

See how many people are selling those sets when you can no longer exploit them.

They leave exploits in the game because exploits bypass shitty game design, plain and simple.

And yet academy was recently changed. Oh, and people will always sell them. Since the fewer there are, the higher the price.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
And yet academy was recently changed. Oh, and people will always sell them. Since the fewer there are, the higher the price.

This, exploit or no exploit, it hardly maters. If people are to bored of it, they will stop farming it, less there are the more you can ask for them if you are farming it. And the cycle repeats...

It's just the last weeks of a league, so player count is probably low compared to start, thus less set's and frags to be sold on the market. And all the "hc" players (as in still playing after 3 months in the league) are most likely the ones who want the set's to begin with.

Just guessing but i would say the top of the pyramid is still playing while the bottom is enjoying life.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info