A petition for removing or rebalancing specific unique from the game asap.

"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Rare means there are few. If you think 6 of something is a lot, then what is rare to you?

Super rare to me means almost unobtainable. Considering this game's gear progression is meant to be talked about in years I don't consider spare BIS items that can be bought at any time just 2 months into a new league super rare. If the gloves were bind on equip then maybe but as they can be bought I don't consider that super rare.

So you base rarity off of price then?
Hell, let's just assume that there are only 15000 active players in rampage. This means that the gloves are available to 0.0004% of the active playerbase, and that is assuming they can afford them in the first place.

I hate being pedantic, but words... they mean things.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Rare means there are few. If you think 6 of something is a lot, then what is rare to you?

Super rare to me means almost unobtainable. Considering this game's gear progression is meant to be talked about in years I don't consider spare BIS items that can be bought at any time just 2 months into a new league super rare. If the gloves were bind on equip then maybe but as they can be bought I don't consider that super rare.

You keep using those words, I don't think you understand what they mean.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

So you base rarity off of price then?

For me in this case the rarity is based on availability.

The gloves are available (however you happen to get your currency) at any time, therefore not rare.

If you are saying they are super rare to find yourself then I will agree wholeheartedly but I don't think you are.

"
Antnee wrote:
Hell, let's just assume that there are only 15000 active players in rampage. This means that the gloves are available to 0.0004% of the active playerbase, and that is assuming they can afford them in the first place.

I hate being pedantic, but words... they mean things.

You are saying that the currency required to afford them is rare not the gloves themselves. Also, the gloves for sale are spare gloves, you aren't taking into consideration all the people who already have them but aren't selling. Words.
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Nov 1, 2014, 2:38:46 PM
Is this where we link our aztiri gloves?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

The gloves are available (however you happen to get your currency) at any time, therefore not rare.

If you are saying they are super rare to find yourself then I will agree wholeheartedly but I don't think you are.

Also, the gloves for sale are spare gloves, you aren't taking into consideration all the people who already have them but aren't selling. Words.

Ah, I kinda thought you were teetering on a self-found thing here.

So, in order to be rare, there can be approximately 0 on the market at any price. You have to farm for them yourself, and it would, of course, take an ungodly amount of time to get them. By your definition, nothing in the game is rare.

Sorry, but that's fucking stupid. You've reached a line in the sand, where idealism clumsily smacks into the face of reality.

Even at their price and... availability (lol, btw). They are out of reach for basically everyone but the tiniest sliver of a fraction of the top of the pyramid. They are, for all intents and purposes, the rarest item in the game. RARE. Even if there are hundreds of them in the hands of silent anonymous players, STILL RARE.

In a nutshell, because you can see a picture of it, it isn't rare.

"
Antnee wrote:
"

Also, the gloves for sale are spare gloves, you aren't taking into consideration all the people who already have them but aren't selling. Words.

Ah, I kinda thought you were teetering on a self-found thing here.

So, in order to be rare, there can be approximately 0 on the market at any price. You have to farm for them yourself, and it would, of course, take an ungodly amount of time to get them. By your definition, nothing in the game is rare.

Sorry, but that's fucking stupid. You've reached a line in the sand, where idealism clumsily smacks into the face of reality.

Even at their price and... availability (lol, btw). They are out of reach for basically everyone but the tiniest sliver of a fraction of the top of the pyramid. They are, for all intents and purposes, the rarest item in the game. RARE. Even if there are hundreds of them in the hands of silent anonymous players, STILL RARE.

In a nutshell, because you can see a picture of it, it isn't rare.

Let's say I have 500ex in my stash...are the gloves still rare for me or are they just a purchase away, literally sat there waiting to be purchased?

If the gloves were super rare it wouldn't matter how much currency you had, the gloves would be rare & purchasing them would not be something that could be done at any time.

If you want to be pedantic & argue about semantics then yes the gloves maybe rare to the 'average' player but if you are talking about their availability being super rare then they are not.

The only place the gloves are legitimately super rare is HC leagues.
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Nov 1, 2014, 3:46:48 PM
"

Let's say I have 500ex in my stash...are the gloves still rare for me or are they just a purchase away, literally sat there waiting to be purchased?

For one thing, you have acquired enough currency to purchase a rare item-- that does not make it NOT RARE. For another, if you have 500ex in your stash, then YOU are rare. We aren't talking about 20%, 10%, 5%, or even 1%. You have more wealth than the vast majority of the playerbase combined. Because of this, your view on rarity would be highly distorted.

"

If the gloves were super rare it wouldn't matter how much currency you had, the gloves would be rare & purchasing them would not be something that could be done at any time.

Again, you seem to think that because trading is a thing, that nothing can be rare. This is patently false. These can be bought and sold; that does not make them not rare. I don't know how to explain this more concisely.

"

If you want to be pedantic & argue about semantics then yes the gloves maybe rare to the 'average' player but if you are talking about their availability being super rare then they are not.

Again, I'll point out that this isn't the "average" player we are talking about, this is the vast majority of the playerbase. Average, below average, above average, and far above average, it doesn't matter. They are still out of reach.

Out of reach. This is coming from someone who completed the unique challenge this league. I have items in my stash that "only" cost tens of ex, which most people would consider to be rare. Acuity is rarer than all of those items combined, and then some.

My vote is no.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Seeing as this thread derails into a semantic war about whats the definition of rare i wanna throw in my 2 cents on rarity.

I wouldnt say price make something rare, the drop rate does but also the availability a combination of the last two.

When we look at the past the gloves droped like candy before the chance to drop got replaced with the chance of the axe.

What do we have now, drop chance is abyssmal low but the question is does rarity alone justify the most broken item in the game?

My answer is clearly NO.

The word broken nowadays is overused a lot aswell as imbalanced in gaming forums but regarding this gloves its the perfect description.

Its like crown of eyes pre nerf, the gloves should never existed in their current form i can understand people denying it because they own them but thats not a rational arguement.

finally about rarity, there are for example rings and amulets with certain stats that are a lot A LOOOT rarer than these shitty cheater gloves, but they are not as expensive it can have many reasons for example demand.

I have to pull up one question for the guys defending atziris cheater gloves, how easy you want the game to be? I wouldnt be suprised if thats the same kind of people that complain on the other hand that the game is too easy faceroll, but whats the point when items like atziri gloves MAKE the game that easy in the first place?

Reflect used to be a counter for crit builds, now its like in diablo 3 crit or get the fuck off and if you additionally got the gloves you might aswell start another game because any kind of difficulty got removed with them forever.
"
zzang wrote:

I have to pull up one question for the guys defending atziris cheater gloves, how easy you want the game to be? I wouldnt be suprised if thats the same kind of people that complain on the other hand that the game is too easy faceroll, but whats the point when items like atziri gloves MAKE the game that easy in the first place?

Oh, I'm sure the game is quite easy when you're wearing those gloves. Let me know how easy it was for you to get them.

What blows my mind is the absolute, steadfast resistance to the idea of work/reward in this community. You farmed enough to afford a pair, or got to a point where you could farm the boss enough to see them drop? Why the hell shouldn't the game reward you handsomely for something like that?

If these things dropped from farming Dominus, or piety, or even high level maps... Yeah, I could see the issue here. However, to even see them hit the floor, you have to master the hardest content in the game. To buy them from someone who saw them hit the floor, you either have to slavishly farm lower content or spend all your time staring at trade chat.

In any case, the narrative being put forth here does not match reality at ALL. From reading the complaints, you would think that these gloves are just some on/off switch, reachable by simply walking across the room.

Good fucking luck with that.

My opinion is that there should be more items like this. Similar in power, and just as difficult to get. If the game is to have insane challenges like killing Uber Atziri, the rewards should be just as insane. Sounds pretty sane to me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info