A petition for removing or rebalancing specific unique from the game asap.

"
no way = super rare, it's not even rare, you can buy them whenever you feel like it. I think you need to update what you think super rare means.

Of course you are right but that is just the way this new type of players think. They don't know anything about real rare items. Did they ever play 16/7 for more than a year to get their full T3-set? Of course not. Do they know what it was like to get the first +25acc silver vanq. katana/kriss? No, because most of them where playing with dolls when we were farming lich lords the whole day while defending against pks round the clock in felucca. The thruth is that in the history of online gaming there were only two games that were hardcore. The first one was UO where you could loose everything at any time when you were not careful for just one second. And the second one was WoW at the time when every godlike item was bound on pickup. Therefore no matter how much shittalk is going around these gloves are very good but they are not even close to be rare.
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Last edited by 666tnt666 on Oct 31, 2014, 5:02:35 PM
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

There's still 6 pairs for sale on Rampage, which means if you want a pair you can get it at any time, which does not = super rare.

6 pairs on Rampage and 0 pairs on Beyond. That is super rare.

Ofcourse there aren't going to be any on Beyond, they might as well not even exist for HC leagues.

But 5 (spare) pairs that can be bought at any time, just 2 months into a temp league does in no way = super rare, it's not even rare, you can buy them whenever you feel like it. I think you need to update what you think super rare means.

I think you don't understand what rare means. Let's use trading cards as an example. The black lotus from mtg is worth a boatload of cash. So is that not rare because you can buy it? Or artwork? Anything really.

Rare means there are few. If you think 6 of something is a lot, then what is rare to you?
It doesn't matter how rare the fucking BiS gloves are, their prominence flaunts pay2win elitism as the pinnacle of endgame fashion statements. We all know what's in the best interests of balance in the game - simply retcon all Acuities to grant Vaal Pact. The question is whether GGG has the guts to do it.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Rare means there are few. If you think 6 of something is a lot, then what is rare to you?

Gonna need you to stop making sense. This is the internet.

Goddamn people, why the hell do you care. There *has* to be a tier of item like Acuity. There absolutely should be (a few!) items that are ridiculously hard to get, and have the stats to make you want to put in the work to get them.

IF I chose to play standard, this would be an excellent goalpost. Long term. Future. Stuff.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
Goddamn people, why the hell do you care. There *has* to be a tier of item like Acuity. There absolutely should be (a few!) items that are ridiculously hard to get, and have the stats to make you want to put in the work to get them.

IF I chose to play standard, this would be an excellent goalpost. Long term. Future. Stuff.

People are just being jelly at someone who worked harder towards an item, they just want instant gratification.

I consider shaves way more OP than those gloves. Shaves allows you ~97%-101% all resists with flask, aura buff nodes, and 23 purities and still do insane DPS because you can run many DPS auras too. No compromises.

Gloves are OP too. basically anything over 50 exa is op or it wouldn't be 50 ex. doh
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 1, 2014, 12:27:39 AM
"
babuzi wrote:
Why balance items in a game wich u can play compelete solo ?? If u think this item isnt ´´balanced´´, dont use it

Why not making initial gem 1hit every single mob in the game, turn you into immortal and unlock all quests and WPs? If you think it isn't balanced, don't use it.

Why a HC league? If you don't want to use a char after you die, don't use it.

And I could go on...
Last edited by Salzwer on Nov 1, 2014, 3:08:49 AM
Don't have that much of an issue with the unique specifically,

rather it's that nowadays about every 'OP' unique seems to be usable in pretty much the same kind of build.

Back in the days the 'OP' uniques were Shavs and Kaoms. And they were very, very different. Even if both hadn't been chest-slots you wouldn't use them in the same build. They 'belonged' to different parts of the tree.

These days it seems just about every 'OP' unique belongs to the top-right part of the tree. The part with ES, crit, Low Life and ES leech.

I fully agree that insane builds being possible isn't necessarily bad. But it'd be nice to see an unique that made a non-crit 2H melee build insane.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Super rare to me means almost unobtainable. Considering this game's gear progression is meant to be talked about in years I don't consider spare BIS items that can be bought at any time just 2 months into a new league super rare. If the gloves were bind on equip then maybe but as they can be bought I don't consider that super rare.
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Super rare to me means almost unobtainable. Considering this game's gear progression is meant to be talked about in years I don't consider spare BIS items that can be bought at any time just 2 months into a new league super rare. If the gloves were bind on equip then maybe but as they can be bought I don't consider that super rare.

You keep using those words, I don't think you understand what they mean.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info